*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Been playing a bit FM alot recently, mucked around with a couple of games but started one with Southampton and planning on sticking with it.

Will keep updating on how I get on.

greatbritainunder23s.jpg

I had a play around with the GB Olympic squad and think ive come up with a solid team.

I know that players who play in the euros wont get picked and the likelihood of shagger and davis is very very low but its still a good laugh.

Started with Rangers and i'm already top of the league after 11 games. Won all of them. Beat Shamrock Rovers in Champions league qualifying and got Real Madrid, Man City and Borussia Dortmund in my group. Got beat 2-0 by Dortmund and 4-0 by City away but managed to get 2-2 draw with Madrid. Thought i was lucky getting taken over by some French foke early on but they given me fuck all money except about 500k which i spent on Rudi Skacel since Hearts didn't need him. Hoping for the treble this season and doing good in Europe next season.

Does anyone else keep getting reminders from your assistant that you promised a player more first team football even though he's playing every game?Im getting it the now with Blackpool I wasn't playing Fleck and he was unhappy so I promised him a run in the team and have played him the last 6/7 games playing full games not getting subbed and my assistant keeps reminding me that I promised Fleck more first team football and to play him <cr>

Just got offered the Rubin Kazan job quite tempted £17 million transfer budget & CL football.

However after the nightmare season I've just had I'm determined to leave as Champions. Won the league only in my first season then the treble in the second but finished 8 points behind Celtic in the league in my third year and just lost the cup final to Kilmarnock 2-1 :anguish:

Big clear out this summer McCulloch, Goian, Boca & Ortiz confirmed leaving another 30+ defender is going to Rayo and I'm prepared to listen to offers for Davis. Also got three loan players heading back to their clubs.

Decided I'm going to and try build my team around Wylde, Naisy, Fierro, Murphy & Fleck for next year going forward. Need a whole new defence though (tu)

I find it difficult to tell which youngsters are good based on their stats, a lot have poor physical stats but end up becoming very good players years later, however, I thought this regen I got at Rangers looked quite good:

topclassyouth.jpg

labelled the next Jim Baxter...

quite good?! he is fucking amazing ha

Been struggling to get into a game so decided to go Belgium. Had a good start, played 5 won 5. Never made the Euro play offs though, Turkey had to slip up for that to happen and they won every game.

Hoping to make the World cup in 2014, should be between us, Croatia and Serbia.

Results so far:

Slovenia 1-2 Belgium Friendly

Azerbaijan 0-1 Belgium Euro qualifier

Belgium 3-0 USA Friendly

Kazkhstan 0-3 Belgium Euro qualifier

Germany 2-4 Belgium :praise:

Kevin Miralles has been great, 6 goals in 5 games.