GTA V

DAVIDATDI

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Been reading some of the leaks. Apparently Los Santos will be four times bigger than Liberty City. Wow!

It's available for pre-order in Gamestation. Well, in the Killie store it is.

Can't wait for this, looking forward to it!

What is the release date?

TBC it said mate.

But obviously there must be some degree of knowledge about it since they have began taking pre-orders.

Hopefully their is some sort of leak at E3.

TBC it said mate.

But obviously there must be some degree of knowledge about it since they have began taking pre-orders.

Hopefully their is some sort of leak at E3.

Not necessarily, i had GTA 4 pre ordered 2 years before it came out..

Far as i know Rockstar aren't at E3 this year... I doubt we'll see it this side of the new year either, 2013 at the earliest.

Not necessarily, i had GTA 4 pre ordered 2 years before it came out..

Far as i know Rockstar aren't at E3 this year... I doubt we'll see it this side of the new year either, 2013 at the earliest.

You're right they're not at E3 this year.

The dates I have generally seen around are October-November 2012 or February-April 2013. Hopefully it is no later than April 2013.

I hate how they have waited 4, maybe even 5 years between releases. GTA 3 was out in 2001 then Vice city came out in 2002 and San Andreas in 2004. WHY SO LONG ROCKSTAR

Would you rather they rushed it and released sub par games instead?

PS2 era

GTA 3 - 2001

GTA: VC - 2002

GTA: SA - 2004

After San Andreas they started working on GTA4 for the new consoles... They obviously couldn't rush this out since it was dependant on the console releasing.

PS3/360 era

GTA 4 - 2008

Lost the damned - 2009

Ballad of Gay tony - 2009

That's a pretty healthy release schedule if you ask me..

I wouldn't be surprised if GTA5 is a "PS4/720" title... For starters there's still no news on the available platforms, usually this is at the end of the first trailer or on their website! On top of that Rockstar clearly have set a pattern of releasing numerical titles on new generations. It also doesn't make much sense to start the next part of the franchise on consoles that will be replaced soon enough. Lastly if it was for this gen i reckon it would have already been released... It would not take them 3 years to re-purpose the GTA4 engine for the current gen, unless they completely started afresh.. At which point i would question the logic behind that, because once it doesn't make sense at the end of a console generation.

PS2 era

GTA 3 - 2001

After San Andreas they started working on GTA4 for the new consoles... They obviously couldn't rush this out since it was dependant on the console releasing.

PS3/360 era

GTA 4 - 2008

Lost the damned - 2009

I wouldn't be surprised if GTA5 is a "PS4/720" title... For starters there's still no news on the available platforms, usually this is at the end of the first trailer or on their website! On top of that Rockstar clearly have set a pattern of releasing numerical titles on new generations. It also doesn't make much sense to start the next part of the franchise on consoles that will be replaced soon enough. Lastly if it was for this gen i reckon it would have already been released... It would not take them 3 years to re-purpose the GTA4 engine for the current gen, unless they completely started afresh.. At which point i would question the logic behind that, because once it doesn't make sense at the end of a console generation.

Lost and damned/Ballad of gay tony were just additional missions really and a few extra guns/cars etc. Vice city came out a year after 3 and was amazing, then a mere two years later san andreas, probably the greatest game ever (imo of course) came out. No I dont want them to rush it, I'm just saying as a massive GTA fan that 4/5 years is a long time to wait for a new game. I know they won't dissapoint though, thats what is keeping me going.

Lost and damned/Ballad of gay tony were just additional missions really and a few extra guns/cars etc. Vice city came out a year after 3 and was amazing, then a mere two years later san andreas, probably the greatest game ever (imo of course) came out. No I dont want them to rush it, I'm just saying as a massive GTA fan that 4/5 years is a long time to wait for a new game. I know they won't dissapoint though, thats what is keeping me going.

If yoi couldnt waiy u shoulf of applied for the job.testing it lol I wad gona if it wad working from home but u had to work at the studio I. Edinburgh and the pay was shit.

Really looki.g forward to it being released tho

PS2 era

GTA 3 - 2001

PS3/360 era

GTA 4 - 2008

Lost the damned - 2009

My question with this would be: would there be any point in taking pre-orders then? would they not ask at the counter what console they require it for? and if it is for next gen consoles... what if the people who pre-order don't intend to get the new console for a year or so? I think it's very much for this generation, but it'll be the last.

I also think 720 will be revealed next year for a possible Xmas '14 release.

My question with this would be: would there be any point in taking pre-orders then? would they not ask at the counter what console they require it for? and if it is for next gen consoles... what if the people who pre-order don't intend to get the new console for a year or so? I think it's very much for this generation, but it'll be the last.

Taking Pre-orders doesn't really mean anything.. that's solely down to retailer discretion and has nothing to do with the developer and/or publisher. Believe it or not retailers rarely get any inside info from publishers! For one: they would be the biggest source of leaks out there... Two: most of major retailers have strained relationships with game publishers. Until there's an official announcement from either the developer or the publisher then take any thing that the retailers say with a pinch of salt... 99% of the time they are talking out of their arse.

Take Gamestop for instance.. they were telling everyone Guild Wars 2 was releasing on the 28th of June 2012.. despite ArenaNet(the developer) confirming several times that the game won't be released until later in the year.

Most likely the reason behind GAME and the like taking pre-orders is because people keep going in and asking.. Maybe a special case, but hell people had Duke Nukem Forever on pre-order for over 10 years. For the most part pre-ordering is just a marketing tool.

They already ruined GTA for me with number 4, I'm shuddering to think how shit the cars will handle and how many times I'll need to listen to someones brother fucking moan in number 5.

The series has went downhill from SA which imo was one of the best games ever

If the world doesn't end this year anyway :sherlock:

Also I reckon a 2015 release date for both next gen consoles with the Xbox being called the Revaloution (sp).