Mervan Celik signs for Rangers

The Monk

Got this from a GAIS forum:

After considering several offers from different clubs and countries fell to the final choice on the Rangers. I am convinced that it is a step in the right direction and that he will take his game to an even higher level. Hopefully, he'll eventually be able to compete on an A-team place.

I remember a training match against Qviding FIF on a cold February day in 2008 when I saw Mervan Celik play in the first team for the first time. He looked eager, energetic and purposeful out and impressed a lot of me and my friends. During the match he went up on the left with a tear we have not seen in a long time at GAIS. 

Another thing that I remember strongly was he out of nowhere made a bicycle kick which however was less successful at the time. But it was clear that this guy wanted to break into the team.

He was reared in IF Warta and later moved to Hacken. Mervan however, wanted to play for GAIS and called, simply, and asked if he could play in 2007. When not GAIS got in, he called again and not long thereafter, he was a GAIS player.

In less than a year, he took a leap from J-18 to A-team. In 2008-2009, we saw how he slowly began to take a place on the team. He played during this time also in the P-18 national team and did good work there. But it was mainly during 2010-2011, we began to see what talent Mervan really was. Especially last year, he took a giant leap in GAIS but also in the U21 squad, where he was really impressed with the two goals in his debut match.

Glasgow Rangers are a very good club and not too big a step for Mervan to take. The manager seems to believe in him strongly, and hopefully he will be able to take a starting point in time. It will be interesting to see if he is used as a winger or striker. 

According to me he does much better on the left wing where he can shine in their dribbling and folding but also in their trades. The entire 14 goals, he made for GAIS in that position in 2011 which is really impressive. 

The contract with the Rangers is at 3.5 years and probably a salary of about 7,000 a week, according to rumors. Mervan said election as follows: "I look forward to meeting the fans, the Rangers have 45 000 people in the audience of almost every game, so it's incredibly cool. The manager believes in me and I was very well received when I was there and familiarized myself with the club. Everything was professional and well-managed " 

For GAIS part is obtained a training grant that is not really known at this time. Various sources mention figures of 1-4 million, while the second sets it to just over 2.5 to 3 million. In any case, it becomes a little coffers and the thanks we do not reject

Any chance of him appearing on Saturday?

I very much doubt it. He's just played a full season in Sweden so I'd imagine we would be giving him a small break and blending him in after he's settled. I don't feel there is a great need to rush him into the team right now anyway with Aluko, Wallace and Wylde available in the wide positions although we are short on strikers.

Either someone knows something we don't or someone is getting ahead of themselves - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mervan_Celik

wiki....really?

sorry but i cant trust a site that allows random users to edit as they see fit.

this is actually posted on there

hes blue hes white his second name is sh*te Mervan Celik

I very much doubt it. He's just played a full season in Sweden so I'd imagine we would be giving him a small break and blending him in after he's settled. I don't feel there is a great need to rush him into the team right now anyway with Aluko, Wallace and Wylde available in the wide positions although we are short on strikers.

He's had essentially his 2 month break since the end of the season mate (tu)

Few weeks/bounce games to get him up to fitness then into the first team...it's exactly how we should have handled the Bedoya signing, brought him in too early nearing the end of the Swedish season.

Meanwhile, Mervan Celik has agreed a three-and-a-half-year deal with Gers.

The 21-year-old, expected in Glasgow today to seal his move from Swedes GAIS, said: "I am looking forward to putting on my Rangers shirt and scoring goals for the club.

"There was interest from other teams, but only Rangers' interest mattered."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4073802/Hammers-join-chase-for-Nikica-Jelavic.html#ixzz1jx59dCBs