Administration thread

debear

the spare cog in all this, which no one has actually worked on or anything, is that Whyte must have known this was coming, yet we continued the signing of Daniel Cousin, which could very well cost 100k until the end of the season

Why the fuck sign a striker until the end of the season when there is nothing to play for

To me there MUST be money somewhere it would seem

I don't know what it is but in the last 24 hours although we have been put into administration, I feel secure under Whyte's leadership. I really don't know what it is, I've been very fair with Whyte over the last few months pre administration, praising him for certain things and cricitising him for others, but I've got every faith in Whyte. I am sure he knows what he's doing, we've already seen that with the way he quickly acted today to HMRC appealing to court.

We are in safe hands IMO, we'll come out of this a better club. Whyte may take some stick from certain quaters, but in a few years time in my mind Whyte will be the one regarded as the man who saved Rangers.

Owe you a rep mate, spot on.

I wouldn't be too quick to rule it out either, this is where interested parties look at investing. When clubs like we are the now are on the brink.

problem is that they need to be able to cover the debts, not many fans/incestors would do this for a scottish club

its alright buying the club like whyte did, now in administration you need to continue with the agreed repayments, thats how portsmouth were fucked over, continual owners that simply couldnt pay their clubs debts

Looks like CW has not been paying bills and building up cash generated by Rangers to pay of the creditors this appears to be his intention

Is that a smart move ?

Or stupidity ?

Just saw coisty on there walking in to ibrox, nearly started crying , fuck me how must he be feeling

problem is that they need to be able to cover the debts, not many fans/incestors would do this for a scottish club

its alright buying the club like whyte did, now in administration you need to continue with the agreed repayments, thats how portsmouth were fucked over, continual owners that simply couldnt pay their clubs debts

All depends what they want out of it, Rangers as a brand is worth money. A healthy Rangers is good for any wealthy investor portfolio. I wouldn't rule out some interested parties just having a look and seeing us a good wee investment.

I'm not ruling out anything, regarding yet another takeover on the cards.

All depends what they want out of it, Rangers as a brand is worth money. A healthy Rangers is good for any wealthy investor portfolio. I wouldn't rule out some interested parties just having a look and seeing us a good wee investment.

I'm not ruling out anything, regarding yet another takeover on the cards.

surely it cannot be an investment when we may be paying even a fair chunk of a tax bill and penalties

surely it cannot be an investment when we may be paying even a fair chunk of a tax bill and penalties

Companies like us are always a investment. What Craig Whyte has done is put us in a position to deal. That's when you get interest from other wealthier investors. Cause they get us for a X amount debt free.

Example is paying £40million for our club, debt free. A risk? Not a chance. Rangers debt free, makes money.

We don't know mate. There is talk that Whyte has done this early to force their hand. But in reality nobody knows.

Right now Whyte is the biggest creditor to the club(£18mil to Lloyds) so if the administrators say eg "We can offer all the creditors 10p-in-the-pound back" then his decision carries substantially more weight than anyone elses. I suspect this was the reason he paid Lloyds, otherwise we would be sitting in this position with them as the biggest creditor.

If, and lets face it, probably when, Rangers lose the tax case against HMRC than then would HMRC in the creditor hotseat. If the administrators offered that 10p-in-the-pound and they said no, then there's a bit of negotiation afterwards. If no deal can be reached then HMRC can demand the company goes into liquidation.

Think about administration as a £1 to 1 vote type affair. If Rangers owe, say £30mil with £18mil of that due to Whyte then if the admin offers the 10p-in-pound deal with that being agreeable to Whyte then his 18million votes will always trump the other 12million votes.

If, however, HMRC is suddenly awarded £75million votes then they will always trump what the other creditors want. If they figure out that what the admin are offering is substantially less than what full liquidation will bring in then that's what they'll demand.

If 'before' the court releases it's decision there's a pence-in-the-pound agreement cut between Whyte and the administrators then that's the same deal HMRC get. £75mil suddenly drops to £7.5mil(using my 10p example)

To my limited knowledge anyway!

Oh, and "Hi folks". 'Plogies for making my first post under such a dark cloud. It's no aw ma fault, honest!

If Paul Murray want's to talk about purchasing the club when we're in need then it would be hypocritical of anyone to say no. We shot him down when he didn't try the last time, and if there's serious scope for a turnaround with him at the helm, or another team of investors, then it's the best deal for the club.