Legends Game

JCDBigBear

051066103500.jpg

Exclusive by Andrew Dickson

RONALD DE BOER is ready to face the AC Milan stars he beat to the Champions League crown in 1995 after signing up to play in this Friday's legends match at Ibrox.

The Dutch superstar spent four years in Glasgow with the Light Blues from 2000 to 2004, helping the side to a Treble under Alex McLeish in 2003.

Now he'll join countrymen Michael Mols, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Arthur Numan and Bert Konterman back on his old stomping ground for this week's fundraising friendly.

You can be there as well to see a match which will raise money for the club itself, the Rangers Charity Foundation and the AC Milan Foundation.

Prices are just £12 for adults, £8 for concessions and £6 for kids and you can get them at the Rangers Ticket Centre, by calling 0871 702 1972 or by clicking HERE now.

De Boer was a huge hit with fans following his £4.5million move to Scotland from Barcelona and he scored 40 goals for the club in total.

Included in that tally were three against Celtic and the important fourth in the 6-1 win over Dunfermline that sealed the club's 50th title nearly nine years ago.

The forward started his career at Ajax, the club his twin and former Gers defender Frank now manages.

The brothers helped the Amsterdam team win the Champions League against the likes of Franco Baresi, Paolo Maldini, Gianluigi Lentini and Alessandro Costacurta.

And with those four on the bill two days from now as well, de Boer can't wait to pull on a Light Blues jersey again and take them on.

He said: "I am really looking forward to coming back. It is a little while since I've been in Glasgow and he last time was when I was there with Holland so it is exciting to be returning.

"We had so many good times when I was with the club. I will always have a warm feeling in my heart for Rangers after four years with them.

"It will be nice to play some of the Milan players we beat in Vienna to the Champions League all those years ago as well.

"There are a few people from that game taking part but this time it is just an exhibition game rather than a serious match.

"The most important thing is to help the club and the charities raise money and hopefully we can get lots of supporters along to cheer us on."

De Boer knows he's coming back to Scotland with the 54-times champions riding high again following their stunning Old Firm victory on Sunday.

And he added: "I didn't manage to watch the game live but I saw the highlights later on and it was a great win.

"We had to hang on a bit for the win at the end after Celtic got their late goals to make it 3-2 but it was great to come out on top.

"With the situation at the club just now, I know that result was needed a lot and I am sure it has given everyone a lift so we are all coming in for this game at a good time.

"It will be nice to meet up with all of my former team-mates again and for us to play with some of the Nine in a Row legends."

RFC Official

Just had a look at the stadium planner

Apart from GF1 GF6 GF7 ( limited tickets left) the govan front is sold out

Govan rear is more or less limited too

Most of the main stand is sold out or limited

The east / west enclosure is limited

The broomloan front and Copland front are limited tickets

Broomloan and Copland rear , there's plenty tickets left

But it's selling up fast now

I can see this def getting to the 40k Mark