Legends Game

JCDBigBear

An inquiry into the Rangers Charity Foundation has been launched after it revealed the crisis-hit club would receive most of its proceeds from a friendly match.

The Ibrox club are hosting a game between former players of both Rangers and AC Milan later this month.

It had originally been organised to raise funds for the Rangers Charity Foundation, which was going to receive 60% of all money gathered by the game on March 30.

The charity, which has donated more than £2.3m to various causes since it was set up in 2002, has reduced the amount it will take from the game to 10%, meaning the majority of the money raised will go to the club, which is currently in administration.

On Tuesday, the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator confirmed it had been made aware of "concerns" regarding the game after the change to the benefactors.

A spokesman for the regulator said: "We can confirm that we have an ongoing inquiry into the Rangers Charity Foundation. It would therefore not be appropriate to comment further."

Rangers boss Ally McCoist, who is expected to feature for the Rangers side in the game, previously welcomed the move by the charity foundation.

He said: "It is a tremendous gesture by the Rangers Charity Foundation to forego the majority of the proceeds of the legends match to benefit the club and it is going to be an evening of nostalgia for all the fans, players and supporters."

The AC Milan Foundation is also due to receive a percentage of money raised by the friendly, which will see Brian Laudrup and Paul Gascoigne featuring for the Rangers team, while the Italian team will include the likes of Paolo Maldini and Jean-Pierre Papin.

Connal Cochrane, manager of the charity foundation, added: "The club and the Rangers fans have been tremendous to the foundation over the last ten years and now it is our turn to stand alongside them and step up for Rangers. The Rangers Charity Foundation suggested the club should now benefit from the match and we were delighted that the AC Milan Foundation agreed."

Sounds like Liewell or some of his vhermin at work.

Fucking enquiry into this now !

http://news.stv.tv/s...ainst-ac-milan/

Tim driven as usual making out we are stealing from charity. Never mind the game was going to be cancelled with Zero money going to charity, and the fans are paying a couple of extra pounds so the game can go ahead.

It's similar to their stupid rumors about the poppy money. Bitter scum. anguish.gif

Connal Cochrane will look into this before the game. No cash handed to Rangers yet so nothing done in contravention of the Charity status. Fans just need to buy the tickets. I'm sure if a certain percentage goes to a recognised charity then the required criteria will be met.

Just got 4 today (tu) the whole ticket office was sitin watching ssn, hearing bout wylde n mervan :( guy tht served me looked genuinely touched when i said before i left "I know it doesn't do anyhing, but i hope your all safe in your jobs and that this situation doesn't affect you or your colleagues. All the best." Guy looked shocked and thanked me for thinking of them.id urge all bears to let them know weve not forgot about the staff behind the scenes (tu)

I'm sure thousands of season ticket holders who are used to there seat being automatically down for a game through CCCS just haven't gor round to booking their seat yet.

I haven't got my ticket yet as I want to sit with my mates at this one and again maybe others are thinking similar.

Im sure it will be a decent turn out on the night.

I would kill to see the likes of laudrup, gazza, Ally et al, pulling on the blue jersey again. This game should, and i hope will, be a complete sell-out. The tickets are cheap, you get to see some of the past greats play, some cash goes to charity, some cash goes to Rangers, you get to see some past Milan greats, and you get to take your mind of the shit that is going on just now. All in all,should be a fantastic, and emotional night. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, not to look forward to regarding this match. I'm very jealous of all the bears going to this game.