Goian's agent in talks with clubs on the continent

DORIN GOIAN'S agent claims he is holding talks with clubs in Germany and Turkey in order to facilitate a move away from Rangers for his client.

The Romanian defender has agreed to take a 75% pay cut after the Ibrox club went into administration.

Goian has intimated a desire to remain in Glasgow having been so impressed by Rangers supporters' diligent efforts to help their stricken club, turning down the chance to join his brother in Chinese football. That move would reportedly have allowed him to double his wages.

However, Florin Manea, his agent, appears to be working in the background to secure a move away from Rangers, although Goian will continue to play for the club for the remainder of the season.

"Dorin couldn't risk leaving Rangers now because there is a good chance FIFA wouldn't allow him to play for another club until next season," said Manea. "For now, he has accepted the pay cut, but there are certain conditions attached to it and we will wait to see if Rangers adhere to them.

"There was that proposal from China that was financially tempting, but Dorin refused that from the start because he doesn't want to lose his place in the national team.

"I am currently in discussion with teams in Germany and Turkey, although I don't want to specify which ones. I can say that if Dorin had known what was going to happen at Rangers this season, he would never have left Palermo."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/goians-agent-in-talks-with-clubs-on-the-continent.17078058

Understandable he would have his agent looking at other clubs, if he want's to go at the end of the season. Then so be it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can say that if Dorin had known what was going to happen at Rangers this season, he would never have left Palermo.

If this is Goians opinion then I regret that we signed him. He looked very solid at the start of the season, but Bocanegra is head and shoulders above him.

I'd be happy to allow Goian to leave if this is his attitude when we have young Perry who actually wants to be at this club.

Can't really blame him. He does deserve props for taking such a massive cut in the first place. He wouldn't be a huge loss anyway. Can't say I'm Perry's biggest fan on here (not saying he's shit), but I think he's capable of slotting in there on a permanent basis.

It started out so well for him, but he has gone downhill.

If this is Goians opinion then I regret that we signed him. He looked very solid at the start of the season, but Bocanegra is head and shoulders above him.

I'd be happy to allow Goian to leave if this is his attitude when we have young Perry who actually wants to be at this club.

Really, why, the guy could have walked away and ecided to take a pay cut from a club he has only played for a few months. No angry fingers should be pointed at any of the players....apart from maybe greg wylde.....

Understandable he would have his agent looking at other clubs, if he want's to go at the end of the season. Then so be it.

It's in his agents best interest if he moves to another club in the Summer. If he goes,then best of luck to the big fella.

Really, why, the guy could have walked away and ecided to take a pay cut from a club he has only played for a few months. No angry fingers should be pointed at any of the players....apart from maybe greg wylde.....

Why Wylde?

Did I miss what he done wrong?

Worrying about his international place at the age of 32 !

Turning down the chance to double his wages in China and refusing , now he's looking for another club !

What a lot of pish these agents speak , the guys been pish and will be no loss if he goes ...........

Why Wylde?

Did I miss what he done wrong?

Only Wylde and his agent know the truth about his decision.

He claims he volunteered to leave to save jobs. A cynic might suggest he grabbed an opportunity to take an easy exit and secure a fat pay-rise and substantial signing on fee - whilst looking like a good-guy on the face of it.

It didn't help that he chose to sign for Bolton - a club who were in for him last summer.

Only Wylde and his agent know the truth about his decision.

He claims he volunteered to leave to save jobs. A cynic might suggest he grabbed an opportunity to take an easy exit and secure a fat pay-rise and substantial signing on fee - whilst looking like a good-guy on the face of it.

It didn't help that he chose to sign for Bolton - a club who were in for him last summer.

Spot on .

Goian's not actually said anything though has he?

Agents are the first to start mouthing off about what their clients could get elsewhere. Seems Dorian's agent wants to start clubs bidding for him.

Until a quote directly from the player surfaces I'm calling bullshit.

Not angry at him to be honest just a little disappointed that he regrets coming here than stagnating in Palermo's reserves. I fully understand that its all about money for modern day footballers but he's been able to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world with a great history.

If anything from a Dorin Goian point of view it's boosted his chances of getting a big move with clubs actually able to see him play games.