Rangers Fans Fighting Fund pays Dunfermline debt of £22,000 but not DUFC

Boab

Don't think we will not pay them as we should, but they brought it on their own head's by reporting us to the SFA instead of trying to understand our situation , fuck at one point it looked like we were going to disappear! Did they care! No they put the boot in, fuck them!

I have no problem with that, I just don't see the value in what was said in the statement released.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO its not, DUFC have put the knife into us on many occasions in the past. They have an ignorant chairman, a manager who will not honestly deal with us in the transfer market, such as the time when we went in for Goodwillie and he remarked that it would be a wrong move as he could get stabbed in Glasgow, and after the time when they charged us full price for a replay instead of just letting the fans in....

They can go to hell.

Dunfermline have never attempted anything like that with us.

If DUFC get anything at all its as a second class creditor, nothing more, nothing else.

Looking at your recent posts on this thread your priorities are screwed up.

Exactly. (tu)

Doesn't mean you don't pay your dues. You want to hit Dundee Utd hard, as fans you refuse to buy tickets. As a club you don't refuse to go back on a agreement. That's a different situation entirely.

This act doesn't do us any favours, what so ever.

Dunfermline are no saints, they're at the front of the queue with this SPL proposal of change.

You pick and choose your fights, but this ain't the way to do it. You just besmirch all the made us, what we are, and what we stand for.

I don't give money to any other Scottish club.

We'll have to disagree, because the support refusing to give money to Dundee Utd via the RFFF seems a natural extension of refusing to buy their tickets.

We, the support, owe them nothing other than a repayment of the disrespect they have shown us.

NO its not, DUFC have put the knife into us on many occasions in the past. They have an ignorant chairman, a manager who will not honestly deal with us in the transfer market, such as the time when we went in for Goodwillie and he remarked that it would be a wrong move as he could get stabbed in Glasgow, and after the time when they charged us full price for a replay instead of just letting the fans in....

They can go to hell.

Dunfermline have never attempted anything like that with us.

If DUFC get anything at all its as a second class creditor, nothing more, nothing else.

Looking at your recent posts on this thread your priorities are screwed up.

In all fairness concerning the Goodwillie deal, they were getting a shit load more money down south than Whyte's kiddie on bids, so trying to talk him into not staying in Glasgow was something that made sense to them as a club that needs to maximise deals like that for their long term survival.

The only thing i don't like about this, is that more fans seem to be happier that we didn't pay DU than giving vredit to the fans who stumped up £22,000 to Dunfermline! i can see both sides though, DU could have been more charitable at the time knowing what we were going through.

I don't give money to any other Scottish club.

We'll have to disagree, because the support refusing to give money to Dundee Utd via the RFFF seems a natural extension of refusing to buy their tickets.

We, the support, owe them nothing other than a repayment of the disrespect they have shown us.

We'll just need to agree to disagree, cause IMO it's a completely different scenario.

Two wrongs don't make a right, we should pay Dundee Utd what they're owed. Can't be one rule for one and another rule for the other. That's just not what were all about.

"To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him."

Hopefully we see sense and live up to our traditions. (tu)

We'll just need to agree to disagree, cause IMO it's a completely different scenario.

Two wrongs don't make a right, we should pay Dundee Utd what they're owed.

You do know it's the RFFF - at the behest of the support - that are not paying Dundee Utd in this instance? The statement they offered was a very subdued retort I felt - given that Dundee Utd have seen fit to fuck with our support.

You reap what you sow in this life.

You do know it's the RFFF - at the behest of the support - that are not paying Dundee Utd in this instance? The statement they offered was a very subdued retort I felt - given that Dundee Utd have seen fit to fuck with our support.

You reap what you sow in this life.

Yes I'm fully aware it's the RFFF. The very same RFFF that us fans have paid into to help the club out. Paying Dundee Utd fits into this. It's not for the RFFF to decide which club is more honourable. The money was put in with good faith by us. To try and relieve some of the pressure. Not add to it, with picking and choosing on a whim.

Nobody is excusing Dundee Utd past actions, but us lowering ourselves to that level. Just doesn't sit well. Were better than that.... As our traditions have always taught us so.

Seems I'll need to as the RFFF appears to want to portray us all a petty shites upset because a club had the audacity to charge us for an abandoned game! Do we really expect Dundee Utd or any club to operated at a loss to replay the game?

The RFFF should not have bothered with the idiotic comment about 'disdain' and left it as a goodwill gesture to Dunfermline from the fans.

Any positive aspect of the fans paying Dunfermline has now been lost because all anyone will talk about in the press is not paying Dundee Utd.

And we should pay our dues.

Jog on brendan.

Swivel on it Manticore

Your accusation is laughable. I advocate showing dignity and class and rising above the pettiness and you call me a Declan. As if that shower of shite have any class or dignity about them.

I'll say again, we shouldn't have stooped to the level of petty point scoring in what was a fantastic gesture by our support to pay Dunfermline. There was no need to even talk about Dundee Utd.

Swivel on it Manticore

Your accusation is laughable. I advocate showing dignity and class and rising above the pettiness and you call me a Declan. As if that shower of shite have any class or dignity about them.

I'll say again, we shouldn't have stooped to the level of petty point scoring in what was a fantastic gesture by our support to pay Dunfermline. There was no need to even talk about Dundee Utd.

It's long overdue that somebody to do with Rangers spoke out about that club.

Yours is the only worse one.

Statement

After being asked by several media outlets for comment, here is ArabTRUST's response to several reports from last night and this morning in relation to a statement made by Rangers Fans Fighting Fund Chairman Andrew McCormick.

"We fail to see why the current situation at Rangers should be used, by some, to fuel divisions between rival sets of supporters. This cannot be good for the game.

"However, with regard to the comments in respect of the abandoned match at Tannadice, the Club advised that the decision to charge less than half price admission to both home and away fans for the replayed match referred to was due to extenuating circumstances, particularly the police and stewarding costs associated with any match involving an Old Firm club. Any residual amount over and above the operational costs of staging the match was reported as donated to the United for Kids appeal.

"Far from being "disdainful", the Club's actions were supported by the SPL and, indeed, in the Sheriff Court when challenged by one Rangers supporters' club. However in view of the Fighting Fund's stated reason for not paying Dundee United, it is somewhat ironic that their funds, donated by supporters, are now being used to settle the amount owed by their club for tickets which they, the supporters, had already paid for.

"The football authorities must now take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that the rules of their competitions, including those involving financial fair play and settlement, are fully complied with to avoid further disputes and unnecessary tension between fans."

Interesting statement