How Do Chelsea Overcome Barcelona?

Reminded me of our run in the UEFA Cup.

I posted on here earlier about how Di Matteo's two banks of four defending would make the difference. That showed tonight. Barcelona simply cannot open up defences whilst they play so deep. They need a Plan B.

Murder? As in strangling them to death, that sort of caper?

I'll bet you any money you like that Barca don't kill a single Chelsea player.

Take the bet big mouth , thats how certain i am that that pish will be humiliated at the Nou Camp ............

Ok big mouth , £50 says Barca will murder them at the Nou Camp ?

If he agrees, winner donates to RFFF ? That sounds fair?

But I agree, football was murder but I remember us doing the same against barca, it's a results business (tu)

Ok big mouth , £50 says Barca will murder them at the Nou Camp ?

Online bets with a stranger....aye very good, keep that patter for your pals or better still stick your fifty quid in the RFFF.

I don't care about the second leg, Barca got beat tonight and looked anything but the best of the best.

Online bets with a stranger....aye very good, keep that patter for your pals or better still stick your fifty quid in the RFFF.

I don't care about the second leg, Barca got bear tonight and looked anything but the best of the best.

As i thought , come on and mouth off but don't back it up .

That was embarrassing tonight and you know it ..........

As i thought , come on and mouth off but don't back it up .

That was embarrassing tonight and you know it ..........

Mouth off?

Chelsea beat Barcelona...deal with it.

You are the one getting your knickers wet about some Spanish team...do you act like this with Rangers?....I doubt it.

Thats how you stop Messi, Good old fashioned tackles. None of this pansy shite.

He wasn't really stopped by tackling (although certainly some excellent blocking stopped a few shots). The two banks of four men so close together make a rather difficult and immoveable object for a 5'7" player.

Anyway, my girlfriend is going to be distraught over this. Thanks a lot Chelsea :disappointment:

Chelsea seem to have some sort of psychological hold on Barcelona. They certainly had enough chances to come out of London with a win, but you don't win matches on chances alone.

The return leg should be interesting; I can see Chelsea copying Inter's tactics at Camp Nou from a couple of years ago, and so they should. You'd rather be in the final with criticism from all sides than crash out in the semis with all the plaudits congratulating you for 'at least having a go'.

Absolutely. Tonight was an intriguing match but I fear the return leg will be meagre fare.