Blue Knights have won

Is this set in stone ?

What were they looking for per head ?

£1000 a fan etc

This is from the Daily Record in March :

RANGERS fans will be asked to cough up as much as £1000 a head to help the Blue Knights save their club from extinction.

Record Sport can today reveal details of the share issue proposal which Paul Murray has drawn up in a bid to haul the Ibrox club away from financial ruin and give supporters a say in its future. Murray’s plan would open up his consortium to ordinary fans. But entry will not come cheap.

Although he has not finalised his blueprint it is anticipated that three separate tiers of membership will be available, starting at a grand.

Level two will be open to pledges ranging anywhere between £1000 and £500,000. And, at the top end, big-money investors will be invited to buy their way into Murray’s group with offers of £500,000 or more.

Murray laid out his plan to bring the punters on board exclusively to Record Sport yesterday as he pieced together the final pieces of his bid to rescue the club from the clutches of disgraced owner Craig Whyte.

He has already secured the backing of the club’s three main supporters’ groups and yesterday former manager Walter Smith spoke out to validate Murray as the best man to rescue the club from the brink of liquidation.

Murray said: “It’s time to change the ownership model of the club in order to make it sustainable. We also have to recognise the club is in a crisis and requires substantial investment. Any buyer will HAVE to address that.

“Two key principles which we have to adhere to: broad ownership and fans should have proper representation. We need clear direction.

“If we are successful in acquiring the club then we can achieve both of these objectives. We are working through the details but we intend to launch a share issue which will have the following features:

“It will provide ability for all supporters to participate at one of three “entry levels”. We can play around with the numbers but broadly the levels would be £1000, £1000-£500,000 and the top tier of over £500,000.

“Each ‘level’ would have board representation with a transparent selection process. We’re also working up benefit packages to sit alongside these investments and exploring a membership scheme to provide additional annual income. All proceeds of the share issue would be held within the club and used for investment in line with our business plan which will be made public.”

This was obviously before Ticketus came into the fold.

I am of that train of thought also, pleased that it seems the next step should be announced at last tomorrow, but (always one) concerned as to the figures.....cva is fro a business to come out the other side with no debts, as far as i can see we will leave our administration owing as far as I can see a minimum of £10m.

As soon as they are named prefer bidders they will need money to help with the day to day running of the Ltd Company. I recall mini saying that they would get £5m from ticketus to help with the immediate running costs..........will this take the debt to £15m if not where will this money come from until season ticket money hits the club.

Will we get actual figures as to how much are they looking for from share issue..............to say £15-£30m is vague and also the knights that have as mini said will underwrite the share issue. Will they deposit this money in the bank for the issue.

Will they tell us thta they are starting to get the players deals sorted out again and where this money is coming from , capital that they have or crank up debt again.

Security will they tell us what Ticketus have for their 'interest free loan' and have they a signed agreement with ticketus to hand over the shares as many seem to think whyte will hand them to Ticketus to get out of his tie with them.

After all these are the guys that we were told went behind minis back a matter of just over a week ago. Has he got them in a legal contract, that he never had re previous bid.

This guys is not negative, merely putting over viable thoughts , after all it is a forum.smile.gif

Indeed it is a forum - where opinions can differ and talk is cheap.

Let's hope the talk that mini has been spouting hasn't been all piss and wind.

Aye it better be a quiet day for me so I can take advantage of the PC on such a day. If not, I'll simply keep the twitter feed on refresh on the mobile and check here and newsnow intermittently.

Internet and mobile use at my work while clocked in are hanging offences mate! Asked the wife if she would sit and watch Sky Sports News all day. Fuck off she replied, I do enough of that on a Saturday and Sunday. She just doesn't understand. ;)

I think it all depends on how much they are wanting from us.

If they are looking for £1000 per person then I think it will fail because alot if fans can't afford that. Especially with money being so tight for everyone. I would like to see the idea that one group had, can't remember who, where fans pay £100 up front then say £10 a month. If that failed then we should be ashamed.

Your looking at RangersUnite deal, that's the way I hope TBK's go with

I think it all depends on how much they are wanting from us.

If they are looking for £1000 per person then I think it will fail because alot if fans can't afford that. Especially with money being so tight for everyone. I would like to see the idea that one group had, can't remember who, where fans pay £100 up front then say £10 a month. If that failed then we should be ashamed.

I remember suggesting that to the lads from rangers unite, £100 one off joining fee then £10 a month thereafter as a membership scheme plus there should be an option for those more affluent bears to buy shares with no individual holding more than a 5-10% share. Total shares available sould be no more than 49% of the club. Not aware anyone took it up.

if a share issue fails after all the shit that has gone on then the so called loyal rangers fans should be ashamed of themselves as they are doing what slippery dave and that gangster whyte done and letting their club die

There's a big difference between normal everyday fans who can't afford £1,000 for whatever reason (be it like myself have a long term illness so have to now work to a budget or have a family who need food on the table) and those who have been in a position of trust and honour within our club who's actions have led us to this.

If you truly can't see the difference then you are the one that should be ashamed of yourself

Tomorrow is going to be a long bastard day at work waiting for this announcement. Can't go on the internet when clocked in, can't use mobiles either, tarriers will be spouting pish non-stop. Might have to be a two and a half hour lunch and 3.45 finish!

I have the joy of self employment.

One of the advantages I suppose.

There's a big difference between normal everyday fans who can't afford £1,000 for whatever reason (be it like myself have a long term illness so have to now work to a budget or have a family who need food on the table) and those who have been in a position of trust and honour within our club who's actions have led us to this.

If you truly can't see the difference then you are the one that should be ashamed of yourself

Very true mate. Its time tae get tough and throw away the luxuries we've all become accustomed too.

Humans can go for 4 or 5 days withoot food. :-)

Will be officially announced tomorrow, just letting you good people know first.

As with everything, sources are private and you either take the info or not.

I'm not over the moon with TBK, but I am absolutely feckin delighted that the club will not now be liquidated.

Superb news mate .LETS HOPE ITS ALL TRUE but most importantly .We dont get liquidated

I'd happily pay £100-500 upfront then £20 a month. Say 40,000+ paying £20 a month isny too shabby.

Agreed, I think it should be £100 up front and between £8-£20 a month for membership

Season ticket holders exempt from one off fee

I think we could get 100,000 members paying £10 a month easy

We must make sure this NEVER happens again

how will they pay off the debt?

It will be years and years in the wilderness but it stops liquidation. As long as we realise this and dont start calling for heads next season.

Im just feart a lot of our fans dont quite understand whats going on, they see a new owner and magically thats everything hunky dorey. We are in for a lot of hurt in coming years!