England squad for Euro 2012

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carroll over Sturridge. doh

Carrick not even making the stand by list ?

What the fuck is Roy doing :lol:

What do you mean, sturridge has been fucking terrible the second half of the season, if his plan was to pick players in form then sturridge wouldnt get near the team whilst carroll should.

Also I agree carrick would be a good pick, it's not like his position isn't filled, has he been that much better than barry? Barry did win the title

Carroll over Sturridge. doh

Carrick not even making the stand by list ?

What the fuck is Roy doing :lol:

Why are so many people surprised that Daniel Sturridge isn't in the squad? He can't get in the Chelsea side and didn't impress when given his admittedly brief outings for England.

Don't get me wrong, I rate him and think that he's a real talent but I certainly wouldn't have selected him on the evidence of his form for Chelsea and his attitude also needs to improve too.

As for Michael Carrick, he was reportedly very unhappy being away from home for so long at the last World Cup and to be honest has never looked convincing in an England shirt.

What do you mean, sturridge has been fucking terrible the second half of the season, if his plan was to pick players in form then sturridge wouldnt get near the team whilst carroll should.

Also I agree carrick would be a good pick, it's not like his position isn't filled, has he been that much better than barry? Barry did win the title

He's hardly played the second hald of the season under RDM ?

Why are so many people surprised that Daniel Sturridge isn't in the squad? He can't get in the Chelsea side and didn't impress when given his admittedly brief outings for England.

Don't get me wrong, I rate him and think that he's a real talent but I certainly wouldn't have selected him on the evidence of his form for Chelsea and his attitude also needs to improve too.

As for Michael Carrick, he was reportedly very unhappy being away from home for so long at the last World Cup and to be honest has never looked convincing in an England shirt.

Sturridge goals this season 11, Welbeck 9, Carroll 4.

Downing Goals and assists 0, oxade-chamberlin 3.

I think it's harsh that he's not in ahead of any of those.

Decent is probably the best word to describe England's squad for the European Championships. There is some choices that has me completely baffled and others where I'm in complete agreement.

The ones that have left me baffled are leaving Rio out and picking Terry infront of him. Apart from maybe Rio's fitness issues, where he's proved in the last 6 months that he can play week-in-week-out, but the fact Roy has said it's purely for football reasons. Has he watched any football recently? Terry has been shocking of late in the big games, the Liverpool game being one and his stupidity in the Barcelona game. Rio on the otherhand has been a rock for United during the run-in. He hasn't got the credit he deserves of late, especially with Vidic being missing for alot of it.

Another decision I can't quite understand is the exclusion of Micah Richards. For me Richards has been the best RB in the division over the last 12 months, so much so that I've said on a couple of occasions that there's not many RB's I'd put infront of him in Europe at the moment. The guy's as strong as they come, a presence going forward and sound defensively. Great attitude aswell. Would have him infront of Jones myself.

Michael Carrick is another player, often overlooked but always a mainstay in a United side that has been sucessful for the last 4 or 5 years. His ball retention especially is something that is crucial at International level, something England are extremely poor at. A miss that one, probably his last chance aswell.

The inclusion of Oxlaide-Chamberlain and even Juilean Lescott, someone who is sometimes forgotten about for England are particularly good decisions. Lescott has been as solid as Kompany this season and part of the best defense in the Premiership. Chamberlain gives England a unknown quantity, someone who loves to drive at defenses no matter who they are, can also play in midfield. The experience will be vital to him aswell.