Transfers

Just seen this too...

Opta Sports on Twitter: "Of the 22 players to have scored 100 or more PL goals, Didier Drogba had the fifth best mins per goal ratio (166:47). Hero."

That's a brilliant stat.

He went off te boil for a bit aswell.

Sao Paulo president Juvenal Juvenico says his club have turned down a 40m Euro offer from Chelsea for Brazil midfielder Lucas Maura. Maura, 19, is attracting the attention of Europe's biggest clubs after establishing himself as one of Brazil's most promising young players. The attacking midfielder has already won 11 caps for his country. "We did not accept the offer but of course Chelsea is the closest to signing Lucas," Juvenico told Italian website www.fcinter1908.com. "Inter made an offer of 20.2m Euros, but this was not considered sufficient by us. Real Madrid is one of these other interested clubs Lucas is a big player who will triumph in Europe, but Sao Paulo will only sell him for an enormous offer.

€40 million turned down for someone playing in brazil?

Mental.

It is mental mate,the youth quality out of Brazil is outragous though.

Would love it if we had a scouting system in South America that could snap up these 16/17 year olds.

Will never happen though :(

Edit:1st time i've heard of this guy btw :lol:

Arsenal are apparently the 4th team to agree a fee for Hazard.

Heard that rumour too , they have been looking at him for years. Please please please happen :lol:

It is mental mate,the youth quality out of Brazil is outragous though.

Would love it if we had a scouting system in South America that could snap up these 16/17 year olds.

Will never happen though :(

Edit:1st time i've heard of this guy btw :lol:

Not unless work permits are done away with anyway.

With Hulk. :drool:

Not really sure about Hulk at all tbh, he was extremely disappointing this/last season from what I saw of him. People were going on about him going for around €40/50 million but he does not look worth even half of that figure based on what I have seen.

Hope Chelsea stay clear, Falcao would be the far better option…more talented than Hulk.

Not really sure about Hulk at all tbh, he was extremely disappointing this/last season from what I saw of him. People were going on about him going for around €40/50 million but he does not look worth even half of that figure based on what I have seen.

Hope Chelsea stay clear, Falcao would be the far better option…more talented than Hulk.

Falcao is definitely in the top 3 best out and out strikers in the world IMO. Cost over £40m for him though considering what Athletico paid for him, no Champions League this year though...

I agree Falcao might be the more talented, but I think Hulk is better suited to EPL football.

Not worth £40Mil though, maybe £25Mil.

IMO Hulk would be an ideal player for Chelsea, He's strong, quick, has an eye for goal, and like most of Chelsea's best players right now, is better at attacking on the break.

Falcao is definitely in the top 3 best out and out strikers in the world IMO. Cost over £40m for him though considering what Athletico paid for him, no Champions League this year though...

I wouldn't necessarily say that.

Gomez, Van Persie, Benzema, Tevez, Ibrahimovic, Rooney and perhaps even Drogba are all better IMO.

When you're playing for one of the top few teams, the Spanish league is probably the easiest of the world's top leagues to score goals in.

Gomez, Van Persie, Benzema, Tevez, Ibrahimovic, Rooney and perhaps even Drogba are all better IMO.

When you're playing for one of the top few teams, the Spanish league is probably the easiest of the world's top leagues to score goals in.

I'd say Falcao is better than Gomez, Benzema and Drogba. But the rest, fair enough (tu)

I rate him above Benzema, Rooney and Gomez as a striker.

The last few seasons he has been on fire and his variety of goals he scores are fantastic.

Eh, what? :lol:

Teams in the 5th-10th range in England pretty much all scored more goals than their Spanish counterparts.

And saying Drogba is better is fucking hilarious! The guy has like 16 goals in his last 70 league games.

Eh, what? :lol:

Teams in the 5th-10th range in England pretty much all scored more goals than their Spanish counterparts.

And saying Drogba is better is fucking hilarious! The guy has like 16 goals in his last 70 league games.

I'm not talking about the shitey Spanish clubs, I'm saying a striker playing for a top club in Spain such as Atletico Madrid, Real, Barca, Valencia (and if they can keep their team together, maybe even Bilbao) would have an easier time finding the net on a consistent basis than if they played for a top team in the EPL, the Bundesliga, or Serie A.

And if I had to choose between an in-form Drogba and an in-form Falcao, It'd be Drogba every time.

Holds the ball up better, stretches defences, can bully defenders, score goals, and stop the opposition building momentum by diving every 2 seconds.