Transfers

12 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Haha, really?!? I hope they go down!

Aye would be one of the most baffling signings in EPL history :lol:

Guy couldn't cut it in the SPL

celtic flop Carlton Cole could be set to make a shock return to the English Premier League.

The striker is a free agent having returned from an unsuccessful spell in Indonesia and according to the Daily Star, the 33-year-old could be set to be handed a short-term deal with struggling Crystal Palace.

46 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Roy Hodgson apparently trying to sign Carlton Cole on a short term deal to cover Benteke. :confused:

I'm sorry, but if this happens they're 100% down already :lol: 

To be fair out of contract options are going to be limited if they need cover and there's another three months till January

3 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

To be fair out of contract options are going to be limited if they need cover and there's another three months till January

I'm pretty sure they've still got Connor Whickam at the club, I'd rather him or some 17/18 year old prospect rather than a past it 33 year old who couldn't score in the Indonesian league or SPL. 

5 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

I'm pretty sure they've still got Connor Whickam at the club, I'd rather him or some 17/18 year old prospect rather than a past it 33 year old who couldn't score in the Indonesian league or SPL. 

You'd think so, but I guess if it'll be a small wage for three months they'll see it as no real risk

Just now, simplythebest said:

You'd think so, but I guess if it'll be a small wage for three months they'll see it as no real risk

Their whole club is a farce at the moment to be honest. Going into a season with one striker is suicidal.

With the amount of money they've made you'd have thought they would try sign another decent striker as the difference between staying in the EPL for another season or being relegated to the Championship where you aren't guaranteed to come straight back up is massive. 

1 minute ago, King_gazza said:

Their whole club is a farce at the moment to be honest. Going into a season with one striker is suicidal.

With the amount of money they've made you'd have thought they would try sign another decent striker as the difference between staying in the EPL for another season or being relegated to the Championship where you aren't guaranteed to come straight back up is massive. 

Yeah, they may not have been keen to give Frank De Boer anything else to spend since they lost faith in him as early as August, signing Sakho was obviously because he'd been on loan before

But if that was the case shows how even more bizarre it is that they kept him on for another couple of weeks

Just now, simplythebest said:

Yeah, they may not have been keen to give Frank De Boer anything else to spend since they lost faith in him as early as August, signing Sakho was obviously because he'd been on loan before

But if that was the case shows how even more bizarre it is that they kept him on for another couple of weeks

The whole Frank DeBoer thing was a joke. Bring in a manager and sack him after 4 games because his new tactics don't "work". He had no time whatsoever to implement his own brand of football.

I watched the first half of the game against Burnley and couldn't believe how they didn't score at least 1 goal, they we're by far the better team that day and dominated the match all to be undone by a stupid failed back pass from one of their players. 

• 3 months later...

LIVERPOOL and Barcelona are set to be snubbed by Leon Goretzka, who has reportedly chosen to join Bayern Munich.

Bayern look to have beaten Barcelona and Liverpool to Leon Goretzka
That is according to reports in Spain, which claim Schalke star Goretzka wants to stay in Germany.

Both Barcelona and Liverpool are keen on Goretzka, who is seen as one of the best value-for-money wingers in world football.

His contract at Schalke expires in the summer, meaning he can sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club ahead of a free transfer.

He could also be sold by Schalke for as little as £20million next month.

Would be a great signing for any of those teams for that price or even in the summer on a free.

40 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Would be a great signing for any of those teams for that price or even in the summer on a free.

Its sickening to read that.. ‘for as little as 20 million..’ when the guybhas six months left on the contract. Wish we had ‘as little as 20 million’ to spend. 

39 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Its sickening to read that.. ‘for as little as 20 million..’ when the guybhas six months left on the contract. Wish we had ‘as little as 20 million’ to spend. 

Worse when you see Sanchez linked for 60m with 12 months left of his contract

2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

I mind City did that with De Jong. Spent £18 million because they didn't want to wait until the summer. 

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

As bizarre as it sounds I'd take Carroll, know what you're getting and will be a back up at best

Barkley I dont rate at all

If you keep Carroll fit and stick balls on his head I think you could get 10/15 goals a season out of him. Similar signing to what Llorente would have been.