Transfers

Carlos Carvahal on Swansea in the transfer window:

We have money for sardines and I'm thinking lobster," said Carvalhal. “I will do my best to try and bring in the best players. I will look to the lobsters and sea bass, but if not we must buy sardines. But sometimes the sardines can win games.” 

Sounds like something Caixinha would have come out with :lol:

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Barkley is a bit part player for Chelsea for a couple of years and is then sold to a Stoke/Newcastle/West Ham for double what they paid for him :lol:

His stats are very similar to Frank Lampard who made the move at a similar age. He's been earmarked for a few years and by Lampard himself as the one to take his old role.

Matt Law also confirms this and also said Shaw and Stones were earmarked at the same stage. Shaw one looks like a bullet dodged 

20 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

His stats are very similar to Frank Lampard who made the move at a similar age. He's been earmarked for a few years and by Lampard himself as the one to take his old role.

Matt Law also confirms this and also said Shaw and Stones were earmarked at the same stage. Shaw one looks like a bullet dodged 

I think Barkley is a talented player, but do you think he’s going to get enough game time to become that sort of player?

I think they would need to change their entire system to accommodate him in a way to play to his strengths.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think Barkley is a talented player, but do you think he’s going to get enough game time to become that sort of player?

I think they would need to change their entire system to accommodate him in a way to plays to his strengths.

Bakayoko is a terrible footballer so I can see him taking that route. Chelsea play 2 or 3 different ways already this season, he will get the chance to impress so it's up to him really.

They have plenty of attacking options See if they could replace him with a Vidal type player they would actually be some outfit. I don't think they need a like for like player. Van dijk is obviously going to strengthen them at the back but I think they are missing a guy in the centre of the park 

Not that I could give a fuck they're a shite hole of a club but just adding my tuppence

32 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

They have plenty of attacking options See if they could replace him with a Vidal type player they would actually be some outfit. I don't think they need a like for like player. Van dijk is obviously going to strengthen them at the back but I think they are missing a guy in the centre of the park 

Not that I could give a fuck they're a shite hole of a club but just adding my tuppence

Milinkovic-Savic from Lazio would be a good upgrade for their midfield