Sign in to follow this  
King_gazza

***** Transfer Thread *****

12 million?

Say what you like about those horrible bastards but they are light years ahead of us in that area.

I'm not too sure about that to be honest. First of all, had we not been ruined by Whyte, I reckon we would have got a lot more for Jelavic and Naismith. Secondly, I was looking at the most expensive transfers from Scottish clubs the other day. Wanyama would be top, but the only others big ones they've sold are McGeady, Petrov and Ki. We've had big money in the same time frame for Jelavic, Cuellar, Boumsong and Hutton.

I remember a couple of years ago, Izaguirre was supposed to be going to Barcelona, and Kayal was wanted by Man United. Both are still on their arses at Celtic.

Looks like the Cavani deal to Chelsea is done.

Been unimpressed during the Confed's to be honest. Was fantastic against Chelsea in the CL though.

Lukaku out on loan again to a team like Dortmund maybe?

Been unimpressed during the Confed's to be honest. Was fantastic against Chelsea in the CL though.

Mourinho said he wants to give Lukaku a chance this season.

If Chelsea sign Cavani I think Ba or Torres will leave and they will go with Cavani, Lukaku and one of those two as the strikers for next season.

Cavani doesn't perform for Uruguay for some reason, although Suarez has been terrible in this tournament as well.

Swansea are in talks to re-sign Jonathan de Guzman on a second season-long loan from Villarreal.

I think he's a really good player.

I'd probably put him in a under rated Premiership 11 from last season.

I'm not too sure about that to be honest. First of all, had we not been ruined by Whyte, I reckon we would have got a lot more for Jelavic and Naismith. Secondly, I was looking at the most expensive transfers from Scottish clubs the other day. Wanyama would be top, but the only others big ones they've sold are McGeady, Petrov and Ki. We've had big money in the same time frame for Jelavic, Cuellar, Boumsong and Hutton.

I remember a couple of years ago, Izaguirre was supposed to be going to Barcelona, and Kayal was wanted by Man United. Both are still on their arses at Celtic.

Yes we would have got a fee for Naismith but it wouldnt be anywhere near the money Celtic seem to be getting for Wanyama.

We were awful at these kind of deals before Whyte came in and I very much doubt we would have got much more for Jelavic either.

getting a near 17-18 million for Ki and Wanyama is nothing short of brilliant buisness, something we have never looked being capable of

The fact Cardiff are interested tells me in reality they will get nowhere near £12 mil for him (same was said about Ki). Cardiff wouldn't pay that much nor for a player totally unproven in the EPL. Regarding Southampton, they've shown they can spend decent sums but £12mil on a position not vital for them to strengthen at the moment makes me highly doubtful also, especially when there's better out there.