Transfers

Ferguson is just bitter.

United 'bought' the league for years before City came around.

i understand where youre coming from but Man Utd were always turning a profit (even with the massive debt) every season and buying players adding to the squad season after season, whereas City and Chelsea were blowing wads of cash building new squads and making losses every season

might be different now mind you

Not going to lie, think they're having a good transfer window. A winger and a full back, plus keep hold of Suarez and they're good to go imo.

Suarez to Barcelona looks like a dead-cert now to be honest.

i understand where youre coming from but Man Utd were always turning a profit (even with the massive debt) every season and buying players adding to the squad season after season, whereas City and Chelsea were blowing wads of cash building new squads and making losses every season

might be different now mind you

definitely different now. the only reasonable profit I've heard of since Ferguson left is £4m for Buttner

definitely different now. the only reasonable profit I've heard of since Ferguson left is £4m for Buttner

aye with the outlay this season its looking City/Chelsea-esque but i was meaning profit from the company not so much transfer fees.

i mentioned in the kit thread earlier that Warrior, Adidas and Nike are all battling for the next kit deal and there has been talk of 600m quid over 10 years, 60m a season compared to the 24m they make just now, itll be the biggest deal by far in world football apparently.

also Chevrolet are paying 53m a season to be kit sponsor then you have the trainging ground and training kit deals aswell.

whereas Chelsea and City were spunking a wealthy owners wedge at the time

although they seem to be catching up in off the field areas but United are still by far the masters at whoring their brand about

30 million pounds worth of brilliant?

I remember after the first World Cup game James Richardson said that although he was brilliant he often flatters to deceive on Siere A.

Not a scout but I'd say so. One of the fastest players I've ever seen and seems to have an amazing work rate and good final product.

Named in the Serie A team of the year as well.

Names

Not a scout but I'd say so. One of the fastest players I've ever seen and seems to have an amazing work rate and good final product.

Named in the Serie A team of the year as well.

Names

I've been impressed with him in the WC for all the reasons you mentioned m, but I've never seen him play until then. I don't watch Siere A.

Based on what AC Jimbo said I was assuming his value was rocketing based purely on his performances at the WC bit if he was in the team of the year then it obviously isn't.

Suarez to Barcelona looks like a dead-cert now to be honest.

Looking pretty likely now. Surprised Real haven't been back in for him when Liverpool seem a lot more willing to sell. They must have a lot of faith in Benzema or have high hopes of Jess/Morata seriously pushing him this season. Is talk of them going in for Falcao I see though.

Liverpool after Lovren now. That will be some amount of money Southampton will have brought in this summer if he goes, hopefully Koeman gets the majority of it to spend.

They have substatial debt to be cleared first I'm afraid.

Looking pretty likely now. Surprised Real haven't been back in for him when Liverpool seem a lot more willing to sell. They must have a lot of faith in Benzema or have high hopes of Jess/Morata seriously pushing him this season. Is talk of them going in for Falcao I see though.

According to Balague, he wants to go to Barca not Real so maybe they just admitted defeat.