Transfers

If I was Wenger I'd send a couple of cheeky bids to Swansea for Ashley Williams, they could get him and lose for Vermaelen and still have money left over!

Edit - Also disappointed to see Wenger saying he isn't going after Khedira and doesn't want to add anymore players to the midfield. He still doesn't have a leader, there's still that stubbornness there that works against him. If you have the money, use it!

They will. Can almost guarantee it. David ornstein who gets info directly from the club aswell as a couple of people with the inside track at Arsenal all think there will be 2 brought in

They will. Can almost guarantee it. David ornstein who gets info directly from the club aswell as a couple of people with the inside track at Arsenal all think there will be 2 brought in

I just think that signing Khedira would be that signing that made everyone think, you know what Arsenal could win the League. He needs someone solid in the midfield and I don't think he'll sign that type of player. It's a perfect match.

I just think that signing Khedira would be that signing that made everyone think, you know what Arsenal could win the League. He needs someone solid in the midfield and I don't think he'll sign that type of player. It's a perfect match.

If it's going to be Khedira it will be late in the window, if not I think it will be William Carvalho

How much is that Liverpool have spent in the transfer window now ?

Net spend: £11mil. £23mil when the Moreno deal goes through.

Nothing compared to what the likes of Chelsea, Utd and City have done over the years. If they want to compete in both the league and in Europe they had to bring in plenty of players.

Net spend: £11mil. £23mil when the Moreno deal goes through.

Nothing compared to what the likes of Chelsea, Utd and City have done over the years. If they want to compete in both the league and in Europe they had to bring in plenty of players.

Almost 90 million on bringing players in though, wow!

Yes, they have to spend if they want to compete. Although so did Chelsea, United and City yet that didn't stop the whining bastards complaining about them spending big.

Also interesting that Chelsea's net spend is less than Liverpool's.

Almost 90 million on bringing players in though, wow!

Yes, they have to spend if they want to compete. Although so did Chelsea, United and City yet that didn't stop the whining bastards complaining about them spending big.

Also interesting that Chelsea's net spend is less than Liverpool's.

I disagree. They've brought in just as much (if not more) than Liverpool with the departures of Luiz, Lukaku and Ba.

They were also in my opinion a more finished article than Liverpool. While they've spent well improving they're weakest areas in their main starting XI, Liverpool have pretty much had to buy a 2nd team to compete in 4 competitions.

Liverpool before this summer had roughly 13 or 14 Premier League quality players and after that there was a real drop in quality of their players.

They got really lucky having next to no injuries last season which was one of the main reasons they did so well imo.

Genuinely think they've spent relatively well, within their means and haven't spent for the sake of spending. Been a lot worse cases of that the past few years... Liverpool themselves the summer they spent 80mil on Adam, Carroll, Downing and Henderson.

I don't think Liverpool have spent well at all to be honest. Won't make the top 4 this season imo.

I understand people saying they have to add some numbers, but I don't think they've signed a single top player, and with Suarez gone and Gerrard in decline they are going to struggle big time this season.

Markovic and Lallana are the "biggest" two and neither excite me greatly at all. Can genuinely see them finishing 7th this season with Spurs and Everton beating them (unless they sign someone else). Probably an unpopular opinion.

I don't think Liverpool have bought well at all.

I think they had to buy the way they have (expanding the quality of their squad) but they've signed too many players similar to what they've already had, and haven't signed players that are good enough to win them the points that losing Suarez will cost them.

They were never going to be able to replace Suarez just like Spurs couldn't replace Bale either.

Those players won you games and made the difference in getting top 4. Liverpool tried with Sanchez but he simply didn't see them as a big enough club and that's where they will struggle...I don't think the top top players would want to go to anfield right now