Transfers

I'm not talking about the shitey Spanish clubs, I'm saying a striker playing for a top club in Spain such as Atletico Madrid, Real, Barca, Valencia (and if they can keep their team together, maybe even Bilbao) would have an easier time finding the net on a consistent basis than if they played for a top team in the EPL, the Bundesliga, or Serie A.

And if I had to choose between an in-form Drogba and an in-form Falcao, It'd be Drogba every time.

Holds the ball up better, stretches defences, can bully defenders, score goals, and stop the opposition building momentum by diving every 2 seconds.

Based on what? <cr> And how are the 5-10 clubs shite in Spain? The 10th placed team in Spain fucking trashed Man Utd over 2 legs.

And Drogba was in form about 5 games a season the last couple of years, so that argument is mince.

Based on what? <cr>

And Drogba was in form about 5 games a season the last couple of years, so that argument is mince.

Put Falcao, Soldado or Llorente in a top 5 EPL side, and I'm pretty sure they'd score less goals than what they would at their current club. For how exciting Spanish football is, there is many teams that are great defensively over there.

And in the last couple of years, It could be argued that Drogba's lack of form was down to AVB trying to radically change Chelsea's playing style, Torres arriving at Chelsea, and Drogba picking up Malaria.

And even though Drogba may have been "off form" last year, he still managed to top the EPL combined goals & assists table (albeit Tevez and some other guy topped it with him.)

An in form Drogba is unstopable, he wins matches on his own when he turns it on.

To still dominate at 34 at the top level is impressive. Not in my top strikers this season but overall he is up there in the past few years.

Falcao is the best imo at the minute as an out and out striker.

Put Falcao, Soldado or Llorente in a top 5 EPL side, and I'm pretty sure they'd score less goals than what they would at their current club. For how exciting Spanish football is, there is many teams that are great defensively over there.

And in the last couple of years, It could be argued that Drogba's lack of form was down to AVB trying to radically change Chelsea's playing style, Torres arriving at Chelsea, and Drogba picking up Malaria.

And even though Drogba may have been "off form" last year, he still managed to top the EPL combined goals & assists table (albeit Tevez and some other guy topped it with him.)

Falcao scored 23 goals. Llorente and Soldado both scored 18.

If Yakubu can score 17 goals for a relegation side, I'm pretty sure they could score more.

And if Llorente can score 18 for a team that finished 10th in La Liga, I'm pretty sure he'd at least score the same for a top 5 epl side.

Aurelio returns to Brazil

By Paulo Freitas.   Last Updated: May 24, 2012 9:35pm

Gremio have announced the signing of Fabio Aurelio on an 18-month deal after he was allowed to leave Liverpool.

Aurelio has spent the past six years with Liverpool, having previously plied his trade for Valencia when he first came to Europe.

However, his involvement in recent times has been restricted by injuries and Kenny Dalglish confirmed at the end of the season that he would not be staying on as his contract was set to expire.

Aurelio has now returned to his native Brazil after Gremio confirmed on their official website they had signed the 32-year-old.

The full-back has penned a deal which keeps him at the club until December 2013 and he will be looking to play far more regularly after a frustrating few seasons at Anfield.

Portuguese defender joins Los Che from Sporting Lisbon

Last Updated: May 24, 2012 10:33pm

Valencia have signed defender Joao Pereira from Sporting Lisbon for a fee of €3.7million (£3m).

The Portuguese club made the announcement on Thursday, outlining the details of the deal they have struck with their Spanish counterparts.

"Sporting reached an agreement with Valencia for the transfer of Joao Pereira for a set fee of €3.7million and a variable fee of €526,000, depending on whether Valencia participates in the Champions League group phase or not," Sporting wrote in a statement published by Portuguese regulator CMVM (www.cmvm.pt).

Pereira, a right-back, is rated as one of the better players in his position in Europe and is a regular Portugal international.

Marco Di Vaio is set to join MLS club Montreal Impact next month.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7776976/Di-Vaio-to-join-Impact

Dimitar Berbatov's agent has confirmed the Manchester United striker would be interested in a summer move to Paris St Germain.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7777270/PSG-move-interests-Berbatov

Mancini shrugs off Thiago talk

By Simone Bargellini.   Last Updated: May 25, 2012 9:33am

Roberto Mancini has played down speculation Manchester City are preparing a bid for Thiago Silva after insisting his meeting with AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani was a 'courtesy' visit.

City boss Mancini met with Galliani earlier this week and it prompted rumours the Premier League champions are lining up a bid for Silva.

Reports claimed City would offer Mario Balotelli in part-exchange for the Brazilian defender, but Mancini has shrugged off the significance of his trip.

"Why did I meet Adriano Galliani at AC Milan'sheadquarters?" Mancini told Antenna Tre. "Galliani invited me, he congratulated me on winning the Premier League.

"I was there for 10 minutes but we did not talk about anything, it was just a courtesy visit.

"Did Galliani say there was an assault on Thiago Silva from the richest European clubs? According to me, he was talking about Barcelona and PSG, a very rich club."

Happy

Galliani is also determined to keep Silva, saying: "We will do the possible and the impossible to resist the temptations, which are really strong, that there are for him.

"Certainly, there are clubs with big financial resources but he's happy to stay at Milan and he has a contract until 2016."

Meanwhile, former Inter Milan boss Mancini has confirmed that he is likely to eventually return to coach in Italy, but has no plans to leave City.

He added: "Will I come back to coach in Italy? Yes, probably yes, but it will still take some time."

Parma - No Giovinco offers

Ghirardi expects forward to stay or return to Juventus

Parma president Tommaso Ghirardi does not expect Sebastian Giovinco to move anywhere other than Juventus after he was linked with Manchester City.

Giovinco's agent claimed last week that Premier League champions City are keen on the forward, who scored 15 goals in Serie A this season and has been named in Italy's Euro 2012 provisional squad.

Barcelona and Inter Milan have also been mooted as admirers, but Ghirardi insists there are no offers on the table for Giovinco.

The attacker is part-owned by Juventus and Ghirardi believes Giovinco will either stay at Parma or head back to the Serie A title winners.

Difficult times

"A lot of sides have asked us about Giovinco, but there are no real offers on the table," Ghirardi told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We first need to speak with Juventus. That will happen soon so that we can sort out his co-ownership status.

"There will be plenty of time for other scenarios. But I think that he will either stay here with us or rejoin Juventus. Those are the two most likely outcomes.

"But then if a club wants to offer a lot of money then anything can happen, but these are difficult financial times.

"I've spoken to Sebastian and he told me that he wants to stay here or go to Juventus.

"We don't have the need to generate money and a lot will depend on what Juventus want to do.

"He is good enough to get into the first team at a side like Juve, but we have to understand if the Bianconeri are convinced of his ability."

Falcao scored 23 goals. Llorente and Soldado both scored 18.

If Yakubu can score 17 goals for a relegation side, I'm pretty sure they could score more.

And if Llorente can score 18 for a team that finished 10th in La Liga, I'm pretty sure he'd at least score the same for a top 5 epl side.

A relegation side that basically built their team around him, that's not going to happen for any of these players in a top 5 side.

And Bilbao would have finished quite a bit higher than 10th if their beginning of season form wasn't so terrible, and Llorente would have been around 22/23 goals if that was the case. Playing for a team like Man U or Tottenham, I think he'd probably get around 15 goals in the EPL.

Eden Hazard claims he will play his football in the Premier League next season, but still hasn't confirmed which side he'll join.

Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea have all be chasing the star after impressive performances for French club Lille this season.

Now the 21-year-old has told Belgian news website HLN that he will be joining one of the three, but has yet to make a decision.With Hazard he wants to know where, and how often, he'll be playing before committing himself to a particular side."I do not know when I'll make a decision about my future club," he said. "It will anyway be Manchester City, Manchester United or Chelsea. "The decision will depend on the amount of play I would see and the position where I would play."Not everyone can say that he can make a choice between the three top clubs."

Well you would think if it was about a promise of starting games then it would be Chelsea as United have Nani, Young, Giggs, Park ect and City have AJ, Silva, Nasri, Milner ect.

Arsenalhave been linked to Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila this summer.

But BBC Sport's David Ornstein says on Twitter: "M'Vila camp tell me he will not be joining Arsenal or any other PL club as things stand. Only serious interest from elsewhere in Europe #afc"

Belgian striker Eden Hazard, who is wanted by Manchester City and Chelsea, has decided to sign for Manchester United, according to French sources. Hazard, 21, has already confirmed he is heading for the Premier League after a fine season with Lille.

My link

Portuguese defender joins Los Che from Sporting Lisbon

Last Updated: May 24, 2012 10:33pm

Valencia have signed defender Joao Pereira from Sporting Lisbon for a fee of €3.7million (£3m).

The Portuguese club made the announcement on Thursday, outlining the details of the deal they have struck with their Spanish counterparts.

"Sporting reached an agreement with Valencia for the transfer of Joao Pereira for a set fee of €3.7million and a variable fee of €526,000, depending on whether Valencia participates in the Champions League group phase or not," Sporting wrote in a statement published by Portuguese regulator CMVM (www.cmvm.pt).

Pereira, a right-back, is rated as one of the better players in his position in Europe and is a regular Portugal international.

£3mil for Pereira!? Jeezo that's great business for Valancia!

Belgian striker Eden Hazard, who is wanted by Manchester City and Chelsea, has decided to sign for Manchester United, according to French sources. Hazard, 21, has already confirmed he is heading for the Premier League after a fine season with Lille.

My link

If this is true then i think he's made the wrong choice imo.

He stated he would leave for a club that will play him all the time & in his natural position.

ManU have : Valencia,Giggs,Young,Nani,Park etc.

Chelsea should be his 1st choice for guaranteed games.

Duo ready for Radu battle

Gunners & City eye Romanian stopper

Last Updated: May 26, 2012 9:19am

Sky Sports understands Arsenal and Manchester City are set to do battle over Lazio skipper Stefan Radu.

Radu is one of the most highly-rated defenders in Italy, and has been labelled the new Cristian Chivu since an early age - as he can also play at left-back and centre-half.

The Romanian international signed a new long-term deal last summer, but Lazio could find it hard to resist a big-money offer which they now look set to receive from England.

The 25-year-old has now moved to the top of the radar of both Arsene Wenger and Roberto Mancini, who are clearly tempted by his ability to play in more than one position.

Both Arsenal and City lacked defensive numbers at various points during the season, and it is little surprise they have turned their attention towards a high-profile performer such as Radu.

Having been with Lazio since 2008, Sky Sports understands that Radu would welcome the chance to make his mark in England.

Nicky Shorey: Has held talks with Leicester about a possible move as he weighs up his options

Sky Sports understands Nicky Shorey has held talks with Leicester about a possible move to the King Power Stadium.

Shorey is available on a free transfer and is looking for a new club after leaving West Brom earlier this month.

A number of clubs are thought to be keen on signing the former Reading man, but Leicester have made the first move for the full-back.

Foxes boss Nigel Pearson is keen to bolster his squad as he looks to build a side capable of challenging for promotion next season.

However, it is believed Pearson will have to offload some members of his squad before bringing in Shorey having already brought in three new faces this summer.

Shorey is thought to be weighing up his options and is expected to hold talks with other clubs before deciding where to continue his career.

Swansea City have agreed a fee of about £7.2m with Hoffenheim to sign loan midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson, BBC Sport Wales understands.

Great deal for them, I wonder if they will have more funds. £7.2m could be about 70% of Swanseas budget.

More like 5%?

Not saying that's what they're going to spend by any stretch of the imagination, but it's what they've got between getting promoted & staying in the PL.

Possibly. I just don't see them spending more than £10m. If they keep all their good players then there shouldn't be any need to splash out millions. True, the Siggy fee is massive, but I don't think they'll be splashing out any more crazy fees.