Transfers

34 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Fs. Can't see Lennon and Lafferty working together at all

I remember when he was a pundit at the Euros he was very complimentary of Lafferty saying how much of a handful he was in Old Firms etc.

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Fs. Can't see Lennon and Lafferty working together at all

I'd rather Lafferty went to Hearts.

There is an NI connection at both clubs. Hearts have Aaron Hughes and NI assistant Austin McPhee and obviously Lennon is an ex international. Either way, Michael O'Neill lives in Edinburgh, so it might help keep Lafferty on the straight and narrow.

59 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I remember when he was a pundit at the Euros he was very complimentary of Lafferty saying how much of a handful he was in Old Firms etc.

The quote that always sticks in my head is when he said they all celebrated and congratulated Scott Brown for hacking Lafferty

11 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

I'd rather Lafferty went to Hearts.

There is an NI connection at both clubs. Hearts have Aaron Hughes and NI assistant Austin McPhee and obviously Lennon is an ex international. Either way, Michael O'Neill lives in Edinburgh, so it might help keep Lafferty on the straight and narrow.

I'd rather his career was ended, absolute prick of a guy.

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Matic to Man Utd for £40m

Tell you something, Chelsea got a lot of stick for buying their way to the title but these days they are very shrewd operators in the transfer window. Pretty much since that Granovskaia lassie took over they do fantastic business. Going to replace Matic with that Bakayoko from Monaco.

2 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Lafferty must feel like a fucking tit, then when he walks into the away dressing room at Ibrox I think it will eventually hit home for him just how much a cunt of it he made.

he signed for them?

Some.impressive business hearts are doing imo

Few papers saying Man City and Arsenal are in talks to arrange a swap deal for Aguero and Sanchez. 

Hard to tell who'd be getting the better end of that deal. Sanchez is a phenomenal player but Aguero is one of the best finishers on the planet. 

35 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Few papers saying Man City and Arsenal are in talks to arrange a swap deal for Aguero and Sanchez. 

Hard to tell who'd be getting the better end of that deal. Sanchez is a phenomenal player but Aguero is one of the best finishers on the planet. 

There is the fitness aspect.. Incredible player on his day (Aguero).

11 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Aguero was a shell of his former self last season. His finishing was rotten. He missed a lot of chances. He is also injured a lot. 

Man city are definitely getting the better deal. 

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Yet still scored 20 league goals and had the second highest goals to minutes ratio in the league(only Kane higher)

Man City would not be getting the better deal here, IMO. Only a years difference, Sanchez has a single year left on his contract whilst Arsenal have been crying out for a striker of the quality of Aguero for years. City have similar type players albeit not as good as Sanchez already at the club.

Arsenal need to KEEP Sanchez and ADD someone of the quality of Aguero. They will never compete if they keep doing this..

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Arsenal need to KEEP Sanchez and ADD someone of the quality of Aguero. They will never compete if they keep doing this..

Sanchez is offski anyway. You know he ain't going to sign a new deal as long as Wenger is around. Same with Ozil. Find it unlikely that Aguero would sign for them either, ain't he on 200k a week? Arsenal have to shop in the poor mans 'world class' player category, likes of Lacazette etc. 

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Sanchez is offski anyway. You know he ain't going to sign a new deal as long as Wenger is around. Same with Ozil. Find it unlikely that Aguero would sign for them either, ain't he on 200k a week? Arsenal have to shop in the poor mans 'world class' player category, likes of Lacazette etc. 

I know he wants away and its because Wenger has been doing this for too long. I reckon he could convince him to stay if he got world class players in.. they can afford it.

7 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Yet still scored 20 league goals and had the second highest goals to minutes ratio in the league(only Kane higher)

Man City would not be getting the better deal here, IMO. Only a years difference, Sanchez has a single year left on his contract whilst Arsenal have been crying out for a striker of the quality of Aguero for years. City have similar type players albeit not as good as Sanchez already at the club.

3rd, behind Giroud.