Sign in to follow this  
King_gazza

***** Transfer Thread *****

10 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Chelsea tried to get Butland not long ago but he didn't want to sit on the bench. That's the issue not many keepers of decent quality want to not be playing and no one is replacing Tibo on recent form.

I'd expect Gordon to be a 3rd choice tbh but for the little he'd play it wont make a difference to Chelsea.

Rumours of Courtwat to Real Madrid with Morata going to Chelsea.

They rejected £3m for Gordon apparently saying he's not for sale - aka we want more money 

I'm finding it hard to get my head round that, he isn't that good a keeper? If I'm being honest Wes is probably better or not far off just now,  Gordon has terrible distribution and makes a lot of errors. 

Another article says it's a tactic Conte has used before to get the best out of his current players, he doesn't have any intention of actually signing him. 

Fuck knows. 

24 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

They rejected £3m for Gordon apparently saying he's not for sale - aka we want more money 

I'm finding it hard to get my head round that, he isn't that good a keeper? If I'm being honest Wes is probably better or not far off just now,  Gordon has terrible distribution and makes a lot of errors. 

Another article says it's a tactic Conte has used before to get the best out of his current players, he doesn't have any intention of actually signing him. 

Fuck knows. 

Nah Begovic defo is leaving so they need a new keeper.

Sunderland letting Van Aanholt go to Crystal Palace just seals their fate. The amount of awful managers and shite players they've been through these past few years is finally going to take it's toll this season

billscott likes this

46 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

They'd be fine with Gilks as back up can they no just buy him 

seems ridiculous though. Surely there is a better option than Gordon

According to Sky Sports it's between him, Diego Lopez and Muslera. 

Why they chose Gordon over the other 2 is beyond me.

47 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

According to Sky Sports it's between him, Diego Lopez and Muslera. 

Why they chose Gordon over the other 2 is beyond me.

The other 2 maybe don't want to come and sit on the bench. Gordon quite happy to sit and get a payday probably 

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

The other 2 maybe don't want to come and sit on the bench. Gordon quite happy to sit and get a payday probably 

I'd say Muslera was too good but Lopez has had a start stop career since leaving Villarreal. If Gordon is willing to sit on a bench after sitting out the game for 2 years it speaks volumes imo. I'd be surprised if he left.

Gaz52 likes this

1 minute ago, Goianegra said:

I'd say Muslera was too good but Lopez has had a start stop career since leaving Villarreal. If Gordon is willing to sit on a bench after sitting out the game for 2 years it speaks volumes imo. I'd be surprised if he left.

If the Sun is to be believed (I know, I happened to see an article online) then Gordon is pushing for the move. it's Celtic blocking it at the moment.

There's no league cup left and the chances of him playing FA Cup games is low considering this weekend they will be 2 rounds into it

So unless Courtois gets injured then I just don't see how he's going to play

Goianegra likes this

1 hour ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

Serious question. Is Templeton still our player? I had honestly forgotten all about him.

Nah, left at the end of last season.

Barely kicked a ball in the last 18 months. Went on trial at Raith Rovers I think it was and they didn't want him.

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

If the Sun is to be believed (I know, I happened to see an article online) then Gordon is pushing for the move. it's Celtic blocking it at the moment.

There's no league cup left and the chances of him playing FA Cup games is low considering this weekend they will be 2 rounds into it

So unless Courtois gets injured then I just don't see how he's going to play

The loyalty is strong in this one :lol: We get him up to fitness, joins our biggest rivals then jumps ship to sit on a bench. Can't see it tbh, he's got it too good there. Like you say though mate, it is the Sun :p

Media claiming scum have knocked back £3 million for Gordon. Want £5 million for an injury and error prone goalkeeper who got dropped earlier in the season, without talking about him only having 6 months left on his contract. Scum really do have the media in their pockets.

33 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

West Ham agree a fee with Marseille for Payet

Marseille, newly-bolstered with the money of American billionaire Frank McCourt, are expected to confirm the £25m deal which includes bonus clauses. 

The current transfer figure could rise to £29-30m should Marseille qualify for the Champions League and/or win Ligue 1 during Payet's contract.

In his desperation to secure a move back to the south of France, Payet accepted a cut in his weekly pay to help smooth the negotiations.

The winger was given a new contract with the Hammers last year that elevated his wages to around £120,000 per week. But with Marseille trying to structure an affordable deal with West Ham, Payet accepted a pay cut just north of £100,000 a week in order to speed up the process. 

So incredibly strange, could have went down as a West Ham legend and been regarded as a great player. Instead, refuses to play only to earn less money and play for a shite team in a shite league. Potentially a £20million profit for West Ham in a couple of years, not bad. Although he could have been worth far more.

30 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

So incredibly strange, could have went down as a West Ham legend and been regarded as a great player. Instead, refuses to play only to earn less money and play for a shite team in a shite league. Potentially a £20million profit for West Ham in a couple of years, not bad. Although he could have been worth far more.

He turns 30 this year so I'm not so sure. He was outstanding last season and in the EURO's but £25m for a midfielder who's about to turn 30 is probably a good deal for them IMO. The Chinese probably offered double that but I imagine he wasn't keen.

34 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Shite team in a shite league. Whereas West Ham and the EPL is brilliant :headscratch:

On Sat Jan 28 2017 at 10:35 AM, Rangers_no1 said:

Media claiming scum have knocked back £3 million for Gordon. Want £5 million for an injury and error prone goalkeeper who got dropped earlier in the season, without talking about him only having 6 months left on his contract. Scum really do have the media in their pockets.

Apparently they have the option to add another 12 months to his deal the same way Hull did with Snodgrass. That's maybe why it's not been mentioned that he's into the final 6 months of his deal.

They could probably just exercise that clause and force him to stay but risk having an unhappy keeper. That'll be why they're looking to offer him improved terms.

If Chelsea have offered £4m for him though then I think he's off.

Crystal Palace have signed Sunderland defender Patrick van Aanholt for a transfer fee that could rise to £14m.

Netherlands international Van Aanholt, 26, made 95 appearances for Sunderland after joining them in a £1.5m move from Chelsea in the summer of 2014.

He has agreed a four-and-a-half-year deal and Eagles boss Sam Allardyce said: "He'll help at both ends.

"He was instrumental in Sunderland's fight for survival last year, not just as a full-back but for goals."

Very strange selling to your relegation rivals, basically weakening yourselves and strengthening them