Transfers

3 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

It's hard to believe he's only 35 he seems to have been around for years.

Absolutely. Im surprised he's actually stayed that long at Midtjylland... His wages were astronomical as well.. he must have dropped a shiteload in order to join Esbjerg.

31 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Absolutely. Im surprised he's actually stayed that long at Midtjylland... His wages were astronomical as well.. he must have dropped a shiteload in order to join Esbjerg.

I would assume he's on practically nothing now. He is way past his prime and is playing in a low level team.

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

That's probably true but he's playing in Denmark in what I think is the second division there so it will be a relative pittance.

They are in the Superliga. Decent enough wee club.. 17.000 capacity stadium. They are not a rich club, though.

The Superliga attracts double the TV money that the SPFL does, by the way.

3 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I would assume he's on practically nothing now. He is way past his prime and is playing in a low level team.

He was way past it when he signed for FC Midtjylland. It really surprises me that they even went for him.. its not their style.

53 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

They are in the Superliga. Decent enough wee club.. 17.000 capacity stadium. They are not a rich club, though.

The Superliga attracts double the TV money that the SPFL does, by the way.

I don't doubt the superliga is better than the SPFL to be fair I just don't know much about it.

53 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

He was way past it when he signed for FC Midtjylland. It really surprises me that they even went for him.. its not their style.

I guess they are hoping for merchandising or something.

Just now, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I don't doubt the superliga is better than the SPFL to be fair I just don't know much about it.

I guess they are hoping for merchandising or something.

They dont really have the fanbase to "pay" for a player like that through merch.. they are more clever in their approach. The guy that owns Brentford owns them as well.

35 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

They dont really have the fanbase to "pay" for a player like that through merch.. they are more clever in their approach. The guy that owns Brentford owns them as well.

Fair enough it seems like an odd situation then. Maybe he is playing for the love of the game and on small wages then.