Transfers

Man Utd in the last 5-7 years might well be one of the worst managed clubs I've ever seen in terms of making absolutely attrocious signings and horrific waste of resources on bang average, over-inflated players.

Even putting aside this report of £30m on a 16 year old. 

On 18/01/2020 at 16:23, ben51 said:

Jordan Thompson signed for Stoke.

Michael O'Neil has capped him for Northern Ireland... done well for himself since lbeing released from Rangers.

Boy is outright bluenose but even bigger prod, along with the Evan's brothers, come from a staunch loyalist estate. 

10 hours ago, Broxi said:

Man Utd in the last 5-7 years might well be one of the worst managed clubs I've ever seen in terms of making absolutely attrocious signings and horrific waste of resources on bang average, over-inflated players.

Even putting aside this report of £30m on a 16 year old. 

It’s an absolute shambles tbh. 

Said it for ages now but they need to go to Leicester and Wolves and pay whatever they ask for Ndidi and Ruben Neves and that would give them the quality at the base of the midfield that they need with two players who would have been in the Ferguson mould (stand out young players with good Premier League experience who still have room to improve more).

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

It’s an absolute shambles tbh. 

Said it for ages now but they need to go to Leicester and Wolves and pay whatever they ask for Ndidi and Ruben Neves and that would give them the quality at the base of the midfield that they need with two players who would have been in the Ferguson mould (stand out young players with good Premier League experience who still have room to improve more).

I don't get why they don't just raid the Bundesliga and Serie A. They would rather spend £50m on an average Premier League player or £30m on a Championship player when you could easily go to the Bundesliga and buy the best talent there for the same amount like Werner, Sancho, Bailly, Brandt etc etc. Liverpool did it with Firmino, Salah, Fabinho etc while Man Utd went for Martial (right market but questionable buy) but other than that buy dross from England for huge money. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

They did with Kagawa and he flopped. Lets not ignore they have brought in quality signings on paper like Pogba and Di Maria for example.

People were saying Martial and Fred were good signings. 

The structure from top to bottom is flawed. A whole clear out is needed.  Honestly can see them being the next Liverpool with no league is many years.

Di Maria was 5 and a half years ago though. Pogba 3 and a half. 

I seem to remember people saying spending £35m on Martial at the time was outrageous. I'd even argue that was one of the major cases of 'inflated fees' at the time it happened, back when £35m was still a decent chunk of money. 

Fair point about Kagawa but I think the chances are a lot higher for success going for those types of players rather than the other players they've gone for. 

On 22/01/2020 at 17:21, Rangers_no1 said:

That's the point though they've tried different routes at different periods over last 5 years and all unsuccessful. They need a structure and to stick with it for majority.

Was only a couple of years latter Mbappe went for 110m euros more tbf. Martial was regarded as a special talent at the time.  Firmino went for 30 that summer, United also spent 25m on Schneiderlen 🤣  Liverpool 30 odd on Benteke, sure was that year Sterling went to City for 45m?

Prices were high then as well, seen a couple posts on here yesterday from around that time that said Ibe was better than Sterling. 😮

Not on here but think I said that lol

On 26/01/2020 at 17:33, Rangers_no1 said:

What?

You think a player not in the top 50 best players in the world, should get 350k a week? Thsts 150k more a week than Salah and even more than Van Dijk's wage.

The thing i'm most astounded by is that he's only 27! How the fuck is that possible! Seems to have been around far longer.

I do like him as a player to be fair so I guess the fee of about £16 million plus £350,000 a week as an overall package isn't quite as bad. Italy will probably suit him too.

The amount clubs are paying on wages is just eye watering. Literally millions of pounds per week! Madness.