Transfers

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Don’t know if it’s just me but I instantly lose respect for any player who signs for PSG.

I know Lillie won the league last season but I struggle to see it as anything other than a cash grab by the player.

Really don't see the issue with a player chasing money.

Wouldn't be frowned upon in any other walk of life, so why football?

It's a job to most footballers.

4 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Really don't see the issue with a player chasing money.

Wouldn't be frowned upon in any other walk of life, so why football?

It's a job to most footballers.

It is weird that most people class football differently to normal life.

If someone offered me double my wage I'd be off. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Football is a business these days, it's now a high majority(especially at the top level) that are more interested in the cash than winning things. Not something I particularly enjoy but it is what it is and have no real issue with it. It's players like Ozil that piss me off, happy to do f all and get paid millions. 

Sometimes it’s not the players fault mate. These clowns that offer huge amounts are also to blame. 

7 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

It is weird that most people class football differently to normal life.

If someone offered me double my wage I'd be off. 

Factor in playing for PSG is arguably an easier job than playing for someone like Man City/Man Utd etc then I can see why it's a no brainer for many players.

I understand why players do it, careers are short and it must be difficult to turn the money down but that doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t rather see players playing at the highest and most competitive level week in week out, just like every other football fan would either.

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I understand why players do it, careers are short and it must be difficult to turn the money down but that doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t rather see players playing at the highest and most competitive level week in week out, just like every other football fan would either.

Nah I absolutely agree that I'd rather see the best players play against each other in competitive leagues and it's disappointing from a fan's perspective when that doesn't happen.

But your post mentioned respect for the players, and I don't see how that comes into when (as you admitted yourself) they have made a completely rational and understandable life choice based upon a very short career and window to make money.

2 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Nah I absolutely agree that I'd rather see the best players play against each other in competitive leagues and it's disappointing from a fan's perspective when that doesn't happen.

But your post mentioned respect for the players, and I don't see how that comes into when (as you admitted yourself) they have made a completely rational and understandable life choice based upon a very short career and window to make money.

True but at the same time it comes back to the argument people often make about billionaires, actors, singers and what not..how much money do they ultimately need?

Understanding why they do it, doesn’t mean I have to respect them for doing it. People will say oh but you would do the same thing in their situation, and maybe I would, but I would also be considering how rewarding the job would be too, as much as I would factor in how much money I would get. I’m not even sure the money would be a factor if I was playing at that level. It’s not like they are earning £20-£25 an hour. They are already multimillionaires multiple times over.