***The official Euro 2012 thread***

Want Holland to win, will depend on a little luck as while they've got the best attacking combinations in the Euros their defence leave something to be desired. For a long time you'd be feeling safe with VDS between the sticks but Skalenburg is yet to impress me.

Was watching 'Hold the back page' on SS1 last night, it's just Sunday Supplement but not on a Sunday. Anyway they went onto discuss Hodgson and one of the journos, Paul Smith, was just an arse.

They were still moaning on about Harry the goldenboy, and Smith went onto say 'I hope they don't start playing like the managers personality, because he doesn't have one'.

No need for it all but typical from the English media. I'm sure he works for the Sun so I shouldn't be surprised.

Was reading STV's preview of Denmark and noticed that they have been in 7 of the last 8 European Championships.

They have a similar population to Scotland so you have to wonder what has gone so wrong here that we can't qualify for tournaments of produce players of a similar quality?

Was reading STV's preview of Denmark and noticed that they have been in 7 of the last 8 European Championships.

They have a similar population to Scotland so you have to wonder what has gone so wrong here that we can't qualify for tournaments of produce players of a similar quality?

We've a government who dont give a shit about football. Our diet is piss poor. They dont let kids play football in the street or even in parks now. We concentrate too much on height and power, when we should be focusing on technique and tactics. Then when we finally get a player with good potential, we put too much pressure on him or inflate the boys head.

I know a boy whos just signed his first contract for Hearts. And i was shocked when he told me his training schedule. Most of his time is spent in the gym. And they dont have to clean boots any more.