The Potential 'stricter' Punishments

Does anybody here think that expulsion from the Scottish Cup next season is a stricter punishment than the transfer embargo? The only reason they wouldn't do it is because of sponsors and TV money, I suspect we can cope easily.

Suspension or termination of membership of the SFA are clearly non-starters anyway.

Since Timothy has failed in his primary target of ensuring that we would not be in a position to challenge them for a few years,

then my guess is that we can expect the howls for the removal of titles from our record to reach mega proportions now.

They either have to jack us out (aye right) or back down. If as said the £160k fine is the max they can impose, they won't dare lose us and the money that comes with it.

if they've already punished us,and fucked it up royally can they even impose another sanction? surely that's not right either

I would expect the appelate panel to send it back to the original panel to review their original decision, so they could do anything, theoretically.

The strangest thing about this is just how un-necessary it was, nobody was expecting this ridiculous ban in the first place, I would've thought the fight would be all about dual contracts and all that nonsense, SFA tried to jump on the punishment bandwagon and made themselves look completely ludicrous in the process, and now they are stuck between looking too tough on us, or being seen as letting us off with something. Idiots.

As much as I cannot see this happening, if it did, I don't think there would be any great loss.

I think the prize money for winnng this is now miniscule given that sponsorship has been a big issue form sometime (although illiam Hill now sponsor it). Even the TV money form it will not be great although revnue is still revenue.

A Rangers-less Cup will be like a Rangers-less SPL and wont find favour with the TV companies or sponsors though so I really cannot see this happening

The problem is, the SFA seemingly have shot themselves in the foot. They stated that expulsion from the league, or not being allowed into the scottish cup, was too strict a punishment. So, now that they've been found to have acted ultra vires....what can they do? Return to punishments they themselves labelled too severe to impose? (not least because of the repercussions of removing us from either of the competitions) 3 supposedly very intelligent people that were on that panel have made a very poor mistake, that's made them a laughing stock. Surely they had a copy of the SFA's regulations in front of them, that said they could impose a,b or c...It's baffling <cr>

There is every possibility that the SFA will impose a suspension on registration during the pre-season. This will curtail our earning potential, knowing that games under the SFA and at Ibrox cannot go ahead.

They know the Scottish Cup doesn't affect us as much. But even at that, I think we'd still be able to play games abroad under another association.

At the end of the day, the SFA has fucked up trying to be smart and issuing a judgement that wasn't commensurate with the crime and wasn't in their regulations. As much as we hate the fact, we are accountable for Craig Whyte's actions - but the SFA's mistake was to try and hammer us with something that wasn't even in their regulations.

It says a lot about Scottish football that a Court of Session had to point that to the SFA despite them having numerous opportunities to read their own rulebook. Now, having already stated that expulsion and suspension were too harsh, they have made a rod for their own back and will need a watered down version of suspension - one that doesn't affect the SPL.

Thus, a suspension until pre season is over. Correct me if that's not feasible.

Idiots. They really are.

The problem is, the SFA seemingly have shot themselves in the foot. They stated that expulsion from the league, or not being allowed into the scottish cup, was too strict a punishment. So, now that they've been found to have acted ultra vires....what can they do? Return to punishments they themselves labelled too severe to impose? (not least because of the repercussions of removing us from either of the competitions) 3 supposedly very intelligent people that were on that panel have made a very poor mistake, that's made them a laughing stock. Surely they had a copy of the SFA's regulations in front of them, that said they could impose a,b or c...It's baffling <cr>

loving your use of "ultra vires" by the way. HR or legal background perhaps? used to love using that phrase at work!

Hearing rumours of an absolute seismic split developing between the spl and sfa.

Relations were not good a few weeks ago - remember that Ralph Topping chose the SPL over the SFA - he knew which of the two would be victorious!

There is every possibility that the SFA will impose a suspension on registration during the pre-season.

Thus, a suspension until pre season is over. Correct me if that's not feasible.

Okay, it's not feasible because a suspension on registration is not a prescribed sanction for a breach of Rule 66.

Okay, it's not feasible because a suspension on registration is not a prescribed sanction for a breach of Rule 66.

Thank you for clearing that up. In any way at all, is it possible under Rule 66 breaches for the SFA to "prevent" Rangers from participating in Scottish football, pre-season or otherwise, for a temporary basis that does not include just the Scottish Cup?

evens

The SFA will be praying royally for a whole load of crowd trouble at The Euros which may deflect FIFA's attention away from this self made shambles and put the heat on UEFA.

The poster on this forum's taxi driver pal might also be overhearing some interesting phone conversations between "Sooty Regan" and his puppet master "Harry Corbett Liewell" in the near future

Should be fun!! :mutley:

The SFA will be praying royally for a whole load of crowd trouble at The Euros which may deflect FIFA's attention away from this self made shambles and put the heat on UEFA.

The poster on this forum's taxi driver pal might also be overhearing some interesting phone conversations between "Sooty Regan" and his puppet master "Harry Corbett Liewell" in the near future

Should be fun!! :mutley:

Sweep, sweep?