Walter Smith to try and buy Rangers

Dunny_01

The least of our worries but I am looking forward to questions being put to Walter regarding the Bobby Sands tribute act who runs D.U. & some other chairmen in the SPL..A few Walter glares and quips are long overdue

For too long have these fkrs taken advantage of us not having any one to defend our club, but now hopefully withSir Walter coming back lets see these wee diddies talk shit now :clap:

Lets not get too excited yet though guys, there have been more than enough false dawns recently. A few twists and turns to go but if this is do-able and goes through then my admiration for Sir Walter will reach even greater levels. However, lets not get carried away just yet.

Well said, but :disappointment::anguish:<cr>:rolleyes::praise::drool::angry::blush::lol:

Lets not get too excited yet though guys, there have been more than enough false dawns recently. A few twists and turns to go but if this is do-able and goes through then my admiration for Sir Walter will reach even greater levels. However, lets not get carried away just yet.

I agree, hard not to see hope when Walter is involved though.

Cautious optimism when possible (tu)

Big question, do we go to Ibrox to celebrate or Erkine bridge to watch the taigs jumping :lol:

Rangers Media will be taig free today. Taig Free Thursday.

oops i hit the wrong button there it was supposed to be approve must have been the chuckling that caused it. i will give you 2 positive to make up for it. Sorry dude

STATEMENT FROM WALTER SMITH

"I can today confirm that following talks over the last few weeks I am leading a new bid for Rangers Football Club.

"I have been assisted by Jim McColl, Douglas Park and other prominent Scottish businessmen with a shared objective - that Rangers Football Club should be in the hands of Rangers people who will stabilise the club and protect it from future situations like we find ourselves in today.

"With this in mind, representatives have, on behalf of my group, made representations to BDO, Duff and Phelps and indeed Charles Green, notifying them of our willingness to offer on the "Newco" basis on which Mr Green is proceeding.

"We would call on Mr Green to step aside and allow us to proceed with our deal which is in the best interests of the creditors, the employees, the fans and the various other stakeholders of Rangers Football Club.

"None of our group has any desire to own Rangers Football Club but we have put this deal in place to save the Club.

"However, our overriding objective is to ensure that the stadium, the history and everything else magical about Rangers Football Club is protected and nurtured back to good health and provide a platform for Rangers for generations to come.

"Let's be clear, this is an acquisition designed to stabilise the Club and ensure history does not repeat itself.

"We are not in this to take money out of the Club but more so to do whatever it takes in a turnaround plan to ensure within a few years the Club can be passed on intact and to the right people.

"The supporters should be under no illusion that it will be extremely hard but with their support we can overcome financial hardship that lies ahead by lending their support to what we feel is the correct way forward - for Rangers people who know the Club inside and out to control its destiny.

"The prominent Scottish businessmen involved have agreed to provide acquisition funding to allow myself and a management team to take on Rangers Football Club and make the business self-sufficient with long term sustainability being essential.

"I would hope that this offer is fully supported by everyone in the Rangers Family as without them the Club cannot and will not survive.

"We therefore want to ensure honesty and transparency in everything we do. We want to rebuild Rangers Football Club and in doing so return the institution to the standards it is known for."

Walter buys us and you will be talking about the biggest fan buy in ever anywhere, I will put up more than I ever have for anything.

On top of season tickets we can have a members scheme for guys like me who live at the other end of the world.

Here is hoping mate.

Cant see Green giving up with no financial gain we need to pay him to fukk off.......Cmon Walter step up & play...

Agreed, unfortunately a wee sweetener may be needed, as I'm sure a bit of money will have been spent by Green's consortium.

Brilliant news to come home to, The Rangers spirit fighting back, let's make it worthwhile this time!