Walter Smith to try and buy Rangers

Dunny_01

Agree..............depends on what Green wants to walk away, posted a tweet from lamont saying Green said come and talk to us if you want the club , not D&P or BDO so looks like he is battening down the hatches.

He obviously will, and probably quite rightly, want to at least recoup whatever's been spent but he doesn't look or sound like a stupid man and you'd have to think, once the groundswell of opinion rises he will see that Walter has 100% of the fans support and he has none. If Walter hadn't come out and said this, no doubt most of us would have at least tentatively supported Green but with Walter in the mix it's no contest surely.

Agree..............depends on what Green wants to walk away, posted a tweet from lamont saying Green said come and talk to us if you want the club , not D&P or BDO so looks like he is battening down the hatches.

No way Green could survive knocking Smith back, he'd be hated more than Whyte, just a case of him holding out for as much as he can.

Let's use what's left in the RFFF to pay off Green if it means Walter can get a clear path.

Be the best money spent from it yet.

Agree because he wont walk away at this stage after spending all the time energy & money trying to save our club.....Pay him off & thank him for his efforts.

It cant be a bidding war.

Green has an agreed price.

If he wants to buy the club for £5.5m then no-one can stop him.

He can however, sell straight over to Walter for say £6m, making a tidy £500k profit.

Buys Rangers assets today for £5.5 million, sells tomorrow for £6million. Good day at the office for him. With all the uncertainties ahead, I would take it.

Frankly, if Green isn't willing to step aside, we have to do absolutely everything to make sure he steps aside.

I've got nothing particularly against Green but Walter wins, hands down. There is no single person in the world i'd place my trust in regarding Rangers more than Sir Walter

Just got in and it's the fist I've seen of it. Great news! They would have to pay Green back everything he's already spent though preparing his bid with legal fees etc though. Jim McColl and Douglas Parks sounds promising, looks good.

Still not sure whether Green is just going to walk away though.

Whilst we haven't seen any details on "Walters" bid, surely we should be asking some questions.

I have no wish to be negative, but a lot of the folk urging caution over the past while are now turning cartwheels and nobody is doing what they insisted we do, and ask questions.

Who is in this consortium and what are their plans.

Is it just TBK, with Walter as frontman as they cynically knew that would win votes ?

What are the plans ?

How much are they putting in of their own money and how is their bid funded ?

Will they be having a share issue like Green was slated for ?

What will they use to provide working capital ?

We mustn't let Walters involvement, albeit welcome, to cloud the issues.

No doubt I'll get pilloried for this, but we've been diddled before and must be eternally vigilant.