Walter Smith to try and buy Rangers

Dunny_01

if walter pulls this off . id burst into tiers and i havent cryed since wee nacho scored that pen to get us into the uefa cup final ...but walter is more than a legend . he is the alfa and the omega he is god in my eyes . . my first man crush :rolleyes:

Walter rode to the rescue of Rangers once before, now he is doing it again. Without a doubt the greatest ever. However, we should not ignore the backers, after all without them it wouldn't be possible.

So thank you Jim McColl, Douglas Park and the rest of the group.

But most of all, thank you Walter.:praise:

Can someone clarify here? According to Walter's statement it looks like there won't be any Newco. Does this mean HMRC have already given an amount they will accept? And if so, does this mean they would no longer be going after Murray and Whyte?

By fuck this isnae half confusing!

Can someone clarify here? According to Walter's statement it looks like there won't be any Newco. Does this mean HMRC have already given an amount they will accept? And if so, does this mean they would no longer be going after Murray and Whyte?

I must have picked it up wrong because I thought it was still the newco route - confusing either way

Don't know you personally dunny but you've made me a very happy blue nose this morning when I read this post I told workmates and they told menu was bullshiting hahaha

Now I'm so happy at the prospect of this happening iv had butterflies in my tummy all day I'm so excited

We're going Newco I'm sure.

True mate... Walter would not want a newco.. but... maybe that is inevitable.. Here's hoping though. 00000042.gif

Sir Walter hail.gif

People have every right to be cautious about this bid, why wait till now ? Etc etc.

It had to reach this point. They could never buy the shares. It had to get to the point the fans accepted the newco route. Plus you need to realise McColl, Park etc don't want or need the hassle of this. They are just Bears doing the right thing. They have no interest in being hands on.

It has been a long, frustrating and emotional process but this is the first genuinely good news in a long long time

Whilst we haven't seen any details on "Walters" bid, surely we should be asking some questions.

I have no wish to be negative, but a lot of the folk urging caution over the past while are now turning cartwheels and nobody is doing what they insisted we do, and ask questions.

Who is in this consortium and what are their plans.

Is it just TBK, with Walter as frontman as they cynically knew that would win votes ?

What are the plans ?

How much are they putting in of their own money and how is their bid funded ?

Will they be having a share issue like Green was slated for ?

What will they use to provide working capital ?

We mustn't let Walters involvement, albeit welcome, to cloud the issues.

No doubt I'll get pilloried for this, but we've been diddled before and must be eternally vigilant.

It's a fair comment, as Walter mentioned they did not want to own the ckub and that the guys he mentioned are funding the Acquisition and don't really give details unless their obvious aim is to get control of the situation.