Walter Smith to try and buy Rangers

Dunny_01

apparently Green has just released a statement saying he has now completed the purchase, meaning it's too late for Walter - so they are saying on SKY

Walter was always going to have to buy it from Green. He was never leaving without a profit.

Don't panic everyone

If fans say they aren't buying season tickets and are boycotting the club until it is sold to Walter, what can Green really do?

It had to reach this point. They could never buy the shares. It had to get to the point the fans accepted the newco route. Plus you need to realise McColl, Park etc don't want or need the hassle of this. They are just Bears doing the right thing. They have no interest in being hands on.

It has been a long, frustrating and emotional process but this is the first genuinely good news in a long long time

This ^

There is no way true Rangers men would have wanted to have been associated with the liquidation of the parent company and to be tainted by that. Hence maybe why they have let CG play out the CVA failure and waited for that. Hardly coincidence Sir Walter's consortium emerged and announced this 2 days after the leaked CVA outcome and on the day it officially failed meaning newco.

Greens position now is untenable and one thing he doesn't seem to be is stupid. Thanks for everything you have done CG but it is time to let the people we want to take us forward.

Dunny with predictions like that can't you do other things like lottery numbers and buy in!

In terms of investors in the company, to date our investors include Chris Morgan, a UK-based businessman representing family trusts; Glenmuir, the renowned Scottish clothing company; Ian Hart a Glasgow-based businessman; Alessandro Celano of Blue Pitch Holdings and Zeus Capital

Above is partof Greens Statement, dunno who the investors are but let's hope Walter's consortium can buy them out, fingers crossed loyal

it's like one big long episode of Scooby Doo wey folk rippin masks aff everywhere.

So what if it's all part of the plan. Murray runs a pile of shite debts up and runs for the hills = Murray bad guy. Whyte comes in and runs up further debts and runs for the hills = Whyte bad guy . Various others come and go with kiddy on offers = they're aw bad guys. Green comes in with weak CVA offer, wants to rename everything thats rid , white & blue , HMRC pish aw over it and liquidate us = Green bad guy.

Sir Walter Smith arrives at the 11th hour with no 'toxic' debts to answer to, no CVA to answer to, no will we go into liquidation to answer to. It's aw taken care of.

Sir Walter Smith Training Academy has a certian ring to it !!!

Bloody hell mate. Look on the bright side of life eh?

Green has always stated his intention is to sell us on. If he can make a profit within a day of buying us, he will be interested. Fan power comes into play. No Rangers fan will buy a season ticket should Green just refuse to sell to Walter. Walter has essentially just slain him

Mate im just being realistic, it's all well and good to think about how sweet it would be for Walter to come back and save us however the reality is Green has the power, has invested a fair amount already and I cant see him leaving without something to show for it, if reports of the bid only being £500k more than greens are correct then I can't see Green settling for something as little as that. It would all depend on how much Walter and his consortium are willing to pay Green and to be honest the guy doesnt seem to be the type that would give a monkeys if the fans hated him he'll do what makes him money.

But as I said I would love it to be Walter but not at the expense of drawing this saga out another X amount of months with nothing to show for it at the end apart from fans in different camps at each others throats like we've had in the past. Although this would be less likely seeing as its Walter and most fans would be behind him.

Im just interested in putting this sorry episode behind us and getting us back to steady footing, at the end of the day if green can do that then I cant say I'd stand in his way.

can anyone explain to me why walter and his consortium didnt make an offer before now ? surely with the wealth of the men involved in his consortuim we cold have made a better offer to hmrc , gained a cva and avoided liquidation altogether ?

dont get me wrong , i would love nothing more than to see walter back involved with the running of the club , but i just wonder if he could have been involved sooner .

can anyone explain to me why walter and his consortium didnt make an offer before now ? surely with the wealth of the men involved in his consortuim we cold have made a better offer to hmrc , gained a cva and avoided liquidation altogether ?

dont get me wrong , i would love nothing more than to see walter back involved with the running of the club , but i just wonder if he could have been involved sooner .

It always had to get to the point the fans accepted a newco. These guys were NEVER going to buy the shares. Just not a realistic route.

Green and his group have done the dirty work. If they turn a profit of a few million for a couple of months work... well fair enough, I'm sure the possibility was always factored in to their planning that this might come to pass.

HMRC were never going to accept any sort of CVA, they clearly stated that the other day.

Green is not stupid, he knows the fans are not behind him now and will not buy season tickets.

IMO he will sell to Walter for a small profit.

Do you reckon if he does, more players will be convinced to stay regardless of what league we are in?

Walter is a man of honour, would he willingly take Rangers to Division 3?

I think the debt was the main stumbling block, even then had the cva been agreed with Green then Walter would maybe still have came in to buy it.