Walter Smith to try and buy Rangers

Dunny_01

i have nothing but the utmost respect for Walter Smith.

But this bid is clearly backed by TBK money, it's touted as Smith, McColl, Park and other business men.

if TBK weren't good enough for most on here at the time, why has that changed now that they are hiding behind a Rangers legend? if this was agreed TBK would then come out the shadows and Smith would sit on the board with little to do in which case everyone should have backed TBK the first time round.

fucking flip flop on here at times.

i have nothing but the utmost respect for Walter Smith.

But this bid is clearly backed by TBK money, it's touted as Smith, McColl, Park and other business men.

if TBK weren't good enough for most on here at the time, why has that changed now that they are hiding behind a Rangers legend? if this was agreed TBK would then come out the shadows and Smith would sit on the board with little to do in which case everyone should have backed TBK the first time round.

fucking flip flop on here at times.

TBK refused to be the ones that failed with a CVA and had to newco the company. I don't think it was to do with money.

Now they can walk in as it was Green that failed the CVA and had to newco the company. Walter's Blue and White Army can say that they are here to right wrongs of the past and do what is right by Rangers. No nasty association with failed CVAs and newcos here.

As much abuse as we've gave SDM and CW have these two actually turned round and played a blinder??

As someone else has said £90M of debt effectively written off, club hopefully back in trustworthy peoples hands, possibly only real sanction is no European football for 3 years and most importantly a debt free club to build back up. :sherlock:

Green is not stupid, he knows the fans are not behind him now and will not buy season tickets.

IMO he will sell to Walter for a small profit.

Do you reckon if he does, more players will be convinced to stay regardless of what league we are in?

Walter is a man of honour, would he willingly take Rangers to Division 3?

Reading Naismith's interview the other day it seemed he was desperate to stay. The same would go for McGregor. SFL3 though is too much to ask. McCulloch is as good as it'd get.

What I can say for certain is ANY senior player who stays will forever be a legend. There was a good article in the Guardian today on a cuban boxer who turned down the chance to go professional and fight Ali (many think he could have won). He was quoted as saying "What is a million dollars worth compared to the love of eight million Cubans?"

Incredible sentiment. Too much to ask of a modern footballer to take a similar view?

Dunny i fucking love you ya maniac.

I just said in another thread when it was officially announced grown men nearly in tears, dancing around and high fiving each other. To me this is the news we Rangers fans have needed

As much abuse as we've gave SDM and CW have these two actually turned round and played a blinder??

As someone else has said £90M of debt effectively written off, club hopefully back in trustworthy peoples hands, possibly only real sanction is no European football for 3 years and most importantly a debt free club to build back up. :sherlock:

I question your sanity.

The debt was caused by them :rolleyes:

Reading Naismith's interview the other day it seemed he was desperate to stay. The same would go for McGregor. SFL3 though is too much to ask. McCulloch is as good as it'd get.

What I can say for certain is ANY senior player who stays will forever be a legend. There was a good article in the Guardian today on a cuban boxer who turned down the chance to go professional and fight Ali (many think he could have won). He was quoted as saying "What is a million dollars worth compared to the love of eight million Cubans?"

Incredible sentiment. Too much to ask of a modern footballer to take a similar view?

At the same time you cant begrudge any who want to leave, although if Sir Walter gets the club I reckon most of the Scottish players will stay on.

Dunny i fucking love you ya maniac.

I just said in another thread when it was officially announced grown men nearly in tears, dancing around and high fiving each other. To me this is the news we Rangers fans have needed

I luv u 2 hahaha

MESSAGE FOR BOGTROTTERS..............

WERES MY P.M !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dunny, do you think Green will sell to Walter

NO BUT i think he will be forced to sell now.....

GREEN Vs WALTER...... hymmmm one winner I reckon, but It wont be cheap, and thats where the financial backing comes in.

PUT IT THIS WAY.

If Walter says, I need Everyone in Manchester to give me a Tenner to Pay Green off.........?????? Im up for it !

NO BUT i think he will be forced to sell now.....

GREEN Vs WALTER...... hymmmm one winner I reckon, but It wont be cheap, and thats where the financial backing comes in.

PUT IT THIS WAY.

If Walter says, I need Everyone in Manchester to give me a Tenner to Pay Green off.........?????? Im up for it !

Citeh fans might be up for it but cannae see the United lot chipping in ;)