Coisty admits "to considering his future"

ray

ALLY McCOIST last night admitted he was hours from quitting Rangers but “stepped back from the brink” after crunch talks with Charles Green.

McCoist confirmed the Record Sport story that he was set to leave the club after a row on Wednesday with newco chief executive Green.

The manager believed he’d been put in an impossible position when told by a former director that Green was planning on getting rid of him.

But after an early-morning meeting yesterday the pair agreed to end the feud which led to McCoist deciding he would remain in his post.

And last night McCoist confirmed our story. He said: “It’s fair to say I didn’t deny that line at any time.

“At first, when I was told there might have been a move to get me out my reaction was natural. I was furious.

“I did confront Charles Green about it on Wednesday. I was looking for answers and that meeting didn’t end well.

“I was then left with no other option but to contemplate my future believing that I wasn’t part of the plans.

“It was clear we had to sit down and talk about all of this and we had another meeting yesterday.

“I’ve reassessed my position and taken a step back from the brink.

“As things stand at the moment I am still manager.

“At critical times we all have to consider our futures but having said that the most important thing is not my future or what happens with Charles Green.

“The most important thing is the future of my club.

“Right now that is all that matters. So let’s all just see what happens but it must always be the right thing

for Rangers.”

McCoist’s fury erupted on Wednesday but everything changed a day later when a wealthy and powerful

consortium headed by his mentor Walter Smith broke cover declaring they wanted to buy out Green’s group.

Green paid only £5.5million for the assets of the old club after it was pushed into liquidation by HMRC but suddenly, despite his bluster, he found himself under pressure he didn’t expect.

Rangers fans made it clear they wouldn’t be buying into his scheme, his day of triumph was undermined and he had to deal with the McCoist fall-out.

In an attempt to claw back some credibility with the fans Green tried desperately to rubbish Record Sport’s story – with The Sun only too willing to swallow the line because they’ve been so far off the pace for more than a year – and then pressed for a meeting with McCoist yesterday.

They met at 7.30am at the Glasgow offices of the club’s lawyers and McCoist agreed to stay on.

Smith’s group, which includes bus tycoon Douglas Park and Jim McColl, regarded as one of Scotland’s wealthiest men, have been told they’ll have to come up with £20m to purchase the club, which is in keeping with Green’s outrageous statements.

Even though he is given to hyperbole Green knows he can’t succeed without the fans and they have made it clear they won’t buy season tickets and they want him to deal with Smith’s group.

Last night this consortium were still confident of buying Green’s people out believing the fans will line up behind them in ever greater numbers in the days ahead.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good. He can play the resignation card if more pressure needs to be put on Green to sell later.

If you see Coisty resigning "as a card to play" that boat has obviously sailed.

More interesting to see what wasn't said by McCoist. He didn't have anything positive or otherwise to say about his meeting with Green. And the "As things stand I am still manager" doesn't sound as if he's in a happy place.

McCoist will be more sick to the back teeth of this saga than anyone. But he needs to keep his cool and keep the focus on what's best overall for Rangers. If he leaves and a new manager with no Rangers ties comes in then we're doomed.

More interesting to see what wasn't said by McCoist. He didn't have anything positive or otherwise to say about his meeting with Green. And the "As things stand I am still manager" doesn't sound as if he's in a happy place.

McCoist will be more sick to the back teeth of this saga than anyone. But he needs to keep his cool and keep the focus on what's best overall for Rangers. If he leaves and a new manager with no Rangers ties comes in then we're doomed.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now there's a visionary viewpoint:

"Nae Ally, nae Rainjurs."

Did we learn nothing from the PLG v Barry Ferguson fiasco?

I despair.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

I despair.

What a stupid and pathetic comment that is They both don't compare .some bluenose you are

!!!!!!!!!!!!

I despair.

I am not talking about the football side of things - we're still a long way off from worrying about tactics or team selection. If only that was all we had to worry about. I'm talking about the need to have someone that understand what The Rangers are all about. Once we're back playing in the SPL on a level playing field then folk like you can revert to whinning about Rangers fans managing or playing for Rangers.

And your use of the tarrier's way of spelling Rangers above wouldn't normally prompt me to grace you with a reply. But in this case, I have done so in order to help you understand the situation better.

What a stupid and pathetic comment that is They both don't compare .some bluenose you are

The poster I quoted said, "If he (Ally) leaves and a new manager with no Rangers ties comes in then we're doomed."

In what way is that statement different from, "Nae Barry Ferguson, nae Rangers"?

I am not talking about the football side of things - we're still a long way off from worrying about tactics or team selection. If only that was all we had to worry about. I'm talking about the need to have someone that understand what The Rangers are all about. Once we're back playing in the SPL on a level playing field then folk like you can revert to whinning about Rangers fans managing or playing for Rangers.

And your use of the tarrier's way of spelling Rangers above wouldn't normally prompt me to grace you with a reply. But in this case, I have done so in order to help you understand the situation better.

Thanks for telling me how a tarrier spells. Very enlightening.

If "we're a long way off worrying about tactics and team selection", what difference does the identity of the manager make? Where is the impending "doom" you speak of if results don't matter?

I would doubt that is what he is tbh

Hey, it's Mr "I'm not harrassing Green, I'm just blackmailing him by refusing to sign my ST renewal. So what if, insodoing, I'm helping to choke the life out of Rangers FC financially? It's Walter I want running the club, not some Yorky."

How are you this fine day?

No Man Is Greater Than THE RANGERS........................simple as that and no fan who cares for the club is better than any other fan.

That is a strength we have had as a club..........................

Walter is a Rangers fan , no more so than you or I.

Ally is a Rangers fan, no more so than you or I.

Malcolm Murray is a Rangers fan, no more so than you or I

The above guys may have Managed , been player also and Chairman .but this dosen't make them any better than any of us.

We all want the same thing....we have heard for posters on here say they will not go back as a result of a newco......their choice to do so, as we who will go back know that this is still the Rangers Football Team fans have followed from their early days.

We have heard calls from unelected self styled fans groups spokespeople say let's take to the streets....but this is not against anyone it is Pro Rangers.....yet by using this very heading they are indeed making it an anti Rangers as anyone who cares to take a step back can see it is against our new owners, our new owners who are these people , we hear as the big hooha

Well they are the people who bought our club, when quite frankly no one else was really up for it(yes talk is cheap), but they are in it for a quick buck.............then we hear the very same people say.there's no money in Scottish football so taking their view on no money, well that certainly should show that the investors are in this for med/long term.

Charles Green is the one who has said he will be gone as soon as his job is done, it's obvious that by this staement Charles Greens role in Rangers was to get control of the business (yes business) on behalf of the investors...why Charles Green, maybe just maybe that he did this very same thing with Sheffield Utd and did he hang around .no he left.

Malcolm Murray any one listening to this guy must take from him he is a bluenose(his word) but more importantly listen to his actual words , this man will take no prisoners and will be voice to speak up for us if that is required...............also look at his business background , he controlled 25% of the shares of Man Utd anyone doubting his acumen should leave the room now............(have they gone uk.gif)

How did he end up in this position not by Charles Green, he hadn't spoken with him prior to the invite to be PLC Non Exec Chairman , he was invited by Zeus Capital ,who got to know him through their involvement also in Man Utd and also take not that the other two people on the PLC board happen to be Zeus Capital people .what does that tell you?

Go and have a look at http://www.zeuscapital.co.uk/index.php and see their latest acquisition.

What was one of the moans about whyte from s and the media...hard to find anything about him, well not the case with these guys...we have solid business man running the business side now, what everyone has been calling out for.

Walter.........they have publically offered him the Chairmanship of the one thing Walter knows the football side of things.............so instead of this Pro Rangers !! march .....why not have a march to get Walter/McColl/Parks and co to join up with the new and solid owners and make this an even stronger business and have what the majority want Walter being involved as Chairman of the football side of things.

This would give us ..............

PLC board.......................Malcolm Murray.Non Exec Chairman

Imran Ahamd Imran Ahmad

After training with Barclays De Zoete Wedd Limited in the early 90’s Imran has spent most of his career in small and mid cap broking. In September 2008 Imran founded and was Chief Executive of Allenby Capital Limited which grew from nothing to approaching 40 AIM clients by the time he sold his stake in September 2011. Imran has completed a significant number of transactions in the Resource, Energy, Engineering and Technology sectors. Imran joined Zeus Capital in April 2012 as Managing Director.

Brian Stockbridge Finance Director

Brian joined Zeus in January 2012 as a Director and focusses on helping directors and their companies with all aspects of corporate finance advice, including advising on takeovers and mergers and with raising money by floating their companies on AIM. Brian has 15 years experience in the City having worked in the nominated adviser teams at Grant Thornton, Noble & Company and Allenby Capital. Brian was also trained at the Panel on Takeovers & Mergers where he was the primary case officer

Add on McColl and Parks to this board and we have a very strong group of people. Pus Malcolm Murray has said there will be another Scottish businessman shortly added to be the board

How any Rangers fan would not go for this, is well puzzling.

Only the Club will suffer by this unfounded call for not renewing season books and some of the people who have posted and question certain fans of minor clubs for threatening the same thing as hurting their club................have a look in the mirror guys, I know not  based on hatred and sectarianism like those of the minor clubs.........but will hurt our club.

The above is my opinion put honestly and with no other group involved , so think carefully why are you really being asked to march?

Onward and Upwards on our stunning and thrilling journey following the must successful team the world has know and recognised as this by UEFA and FIFA.

Fantastic post ED.

Cheers bud .......meant to put it in new thread uk.gifPeople have missed the point Charles Green is the figurehead and he is the one that would walk away in a year.........did you check the Zeus Capital website they have Rangers as their latest acquisition.

Cheers bud .......meant to put it in new thread uk.gifPeople have missed the point Charles Green is the figurehead and he is the one that would walk away in a year.........did you check the Zeus Capital website they have Rangers as their latest acquisition.

I did, its intriguing stuff.

I am with you on this as if we add Walters people to what's already in place then The Rangers would be very strong. Green like you say is not here for long so I don't see the problem here..

If everyone wants what is best for Rangers then let's do it.

Great post. Interesting to see the Zeus website. Big hitters in a big company. Brian Stockbridge looks a bit Clark Kent :) . They will have a plan and their reputation is at stake so even though they're out to make money, they will hopefully do it with a bit of respect.

Twitter is full of folk dissing Green with the knee jerk reaction to follow Walter. I think we need a fine blend of the two.

Hey, it's Mr "I'm not harrassing Green, I'm just blackmailing him by refusing to sign my ST renewal. So what if, insodoing, I'm helping to choke the life out of Rangers FC financially? It's Walter I want running the club, not some Yorky."

How are you this fine day?

Hahaha ya fucking spacker

Great post. Interesting to see the Zeus website. Big hitters in a big company. Brian Stockbridge looks a bit Clark Kent :) . They will have a plan and their reputation is at stake so even though they're out to make money, they will hopefully do it with a bit of respect.

Twitter is full of folk dissing Green with the knee jerk reaction to follow Walter. I think we need a fine blend of the two.

Joint venture would be great 00000042.gif

Don't know how long that took, but well done for cutting through all the crap & getting to the nub of things.

Seems that Green has assembled quite an impressive team on the quiet - this looks to have been lost among all the scaremongering about what Green's going to do with the ST money, capital raised by a 'shareissue', etc.

Can't blame Bears for not trusting.

Unfortunately, it's easy for anyone to start & run a story about what Green may do with the money, with Ally, etc - after all, his only track record with us is that he's followed through & bought us out of liquidation (having failed to deliver the CVA).

No Man Is Greater Than THE RANGERS........................simple as that and no fan who cares for the club is better than any other fan.

The above guys may have Managed , been player also and Chairman .but this dosen't make them any better than any of us.

We all want the same thing....we have heard for posters on here say they will not go back as a result of a newco......their choice to do so, as we who will go back know that this is still the Rangers Football Team fans have followed from their early days.

We have heard calls from unelected self styled fans groups spokespeople say let's take to the streets....but this is not against anyone it is Pro Rangers.....yet by using this very heading they are indeed making it an anti Rangers as anyone who cares to take a step back can see it is against our new owners, our new owners who are these people , we hear as the big hooha

Well they are the people who bought our club, when quite frankly no one else was really up for it(yes talk is cheap), but they are in it for a quick buck.............then we hear the very same people say.there's no money in Scottish football so taking their view on no money, well that certainly should show that the investors are in this for med/long term.

Charles Green is the one who has said he will be gone as soon as his job is done, it's obvious that by this staement Charles Greens role in Rangers was to get control of the business (yes business) on behalf of the investors...why Charles Green, maybe just maybe that he did this very same thing with Sheffield Utd and did he hang around .no he left.

Malcolm Murray any one listening to this guy must take from him he is a bluenose(his word) but more importantly listen to his actual words , this man will take no prisoners and will be voice to speak up for us if that is required...............also look at his business background , he controlled 25% of the shares of Man Utd anyone doubting his acumen should leave the room now............(have they gone uk.gif)

How did he end up in this position not by Charles Green, he hadn't spoken with him prior to the invite to be PLC Non Exec Chairman , he was invited by Zeus Capital ,who got to know him through their involvement also in Man Utd and also take not that the other two people on the PLC board happen to be Zeus Capital people .what does that tell you?

Go and have a look at http://www.zeuscapital.co.uk/index.php and see their latest acquisition.

What was one of the moans about whyte from s and the media...hard to find anything about him, well not the case with these guys...we have solid business man running the business side now, what everyone has been calling out for.

Walter.........they have publically offered him the Chairmanship of the one thing Walter knows the football side of things.............so instead of this Pro Rangers !! march .....why not have a march to get Walter/McColl/Parks and co to join up with the new and solid owners and make this an even stronger business and have what the majority want Walter being involved as Chairman of the football side of things.

Imran Ahamd Imran Ahmad

After training with Barclays De Zoete Wedd Limited in the early 90’s Imran has spent most of his career in small and mid cap broking. In September 2008 Imran founded and was Chief Executive of Allenby Capital Limited which grew from nothing to approaching 40 AIM clients by the time he sold his stake in September 2011. Imran has completed a significant number of transactions in the Resource, Energy, Engineering and Technology sectors. Imran joined Zeus Capital in April 2012 as Managing Director.

Brian joined Zeus in January 2012 as a Director and focusses on helping directors and their companies with all aspects of corporate finance advice, including advising on takeovers and mergers and with raising money by floating their companies on AIM. Brian has 15 years experience in the City having worked in the nominated adviser teams at Grant Thornton, Noble & Company and Allenby Capital. Brian was also trained at the Panel on Takeovers & Mergers where he was the primary case officer

Add on McColl and Parks to this board and we have a very strong group of people. Pus Malcolm Murray has said there will be another Scottish businessman shortly added to be the board

Only the Club will suffer by this unfounded call for not renewing season books and some of the people who have posted and question certain fans of minor clubs for threatening the same thing as hurting their club................have a look in the mirror guys, I know not  based on hatred and sectarianism like thos of the minor clubs.........but will hurt our club.

The above is my opinion put honestly and with no other group involved , so think carefully why are you really being asked to march?

Onward and Upwards on our stunning and thrilling journey following the must successful team the world has know and recognised as this by UEFA and FIFA.

Excellent post ED, that's the sort of thing that's been going through my mind since Thur, I've just been amazed at the response from so many since the WS led consortium appeared after GC had sealed the deal. As you said, we need to unite behind GC, hopefully with WS & co on board, and help bring The Rangers back to the summit of Scottish Football.

Imran Ahamd Imran Ahmad

Only the Club will suffer by this unfounded call for not renewing season books and some of the people who have posted and question certain fans of minor clubs for threatening the same thing as hurting their club................have a look in the mirror guys, I know not  based on hatred and sectarianism like those of the minor clubs.........but will hurt our club.

Rep.