Zeus want to Sell NOW

North Rd

All over the place bp, RST tweets, FF ect.

So by 'on here' did you mean 'on the internet?' I assumed you meant on RM, hence my confusion.

Yes, I agree, the RST have acted poorly over this, demonising Green. Some of the stuff I've seen written have been utterly shameful. I don't see and agenda 'on here' (RM) though, if anything I think the main sway of opinion 'on here' is that Green should be thanked for what he has done. I personally hope he now sells to a consortium backed by Walter, but I'm not anti-Green by any stretch of the imagination.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But, I will thank Green for having the balls to take us to a newco. It's not something I will criticize Smith and co for not doing, what Rangers supporter would do it? Answer: None.

I understand what you are saying, but he had no choice. It was NewCo or Death after the CVA was rejected.

I understand what you are saying, but he had no choice. It was NewCo or Death after the CVA was rejected.

He could have walked and left D&P to try and enforce an alleged tighter than a duck's arse deal, and then ?

Exactly.

Also if people are saying they have only seen rangers fans on here thanking Green then they have not been on for a few days.

I take it the GTF green and no green and Whyte posts didn't happen?

I'm still waiting to see the lies some have said Green has told....

I'd put good money on there being significantly more who have thanked Green than those who have given him stick.

There's always some idiots out there.

It's well within people's rights to not want to take another needless risk on Green when there is a safer option right here.

The majority of posts have thanked Green for what he did but would like him to make his profit and sell the club to Walters consortium

My feelings exactly.

And I like Green but you have to worry about some of the stuff. The Ian Hart involvement was a lie to begin with

So by 'on here' did you mean 'on the internet?' I assumed you meant on RM, hence my confusion.

Yes, I agree, the RST have acted poorly over this, demonising Green. Some of the stuff I've seen written have been utterly shameful. I don't see and agenda 'on here' (RM) though, if anything I think the main sway of opinion 'on here' is that Green should be thanked for what he has done. I personally hope he now sells to a consortium backed by Walter, but I'm not anti-Green by any stretch of the imagination.

Yup

I for one will never forget Charles Green for having the balls to get involved and move us through those horrible days. I honestly believe the guy is genuine.

Thank You Charlie.

Me too , I think he deserves credit for doing what no cunt else would even with no ties to our club !

He is a business man and businessmen are out to make money so thanks Charlie! Now name a fair price and pocket the cash and move on as you will always have a place in our history now

Let's calm down a wee bit here. Did i not read somewhere that there had been at least three parties that had approached Green with offers to buy our club. We're all taking it for granted that it's going to be Walter who's getting us ------- just saying

Did mccoll not elude to not being here for too long either? Passed about like a fucking scud book! Stability. That's what required.. Good luck to them, but I will forever be indebted to mr charles green. I hope you realise sir that we are not all against yyou, and I hope you get a good return for your time and effort over the last four months. By god you deserve!

I believe the end game is a fan ownership model. Something that McColl has previously advised on

The next thing we'll get is a derisory offer from McColls lot, followed by further pressure and leaks to try to force Green to accept it.

Christ, they said Miller was dodgy, but this lot make him look straightforward.

Yet the gullible are lapping it up cos they stuck Walters face on it.

So this is the only consortium to have used tactics and spin to try and win the club? Come on

They are using tactics, just as Green us using tactics to try to deny their bid.

You're naive or ignorant if you think that everyone in this is squeaky clean.

Has anyone even offered a price yet?

Fact is, a year down the line, I'd rather have a consortium containing Walter rather than get a nasty surprise when we see who Green will sell to. He's within his rights to sell to whoever offers him the most profit, totally within his rights.

It's time we took the safe option

According to reports, Walter won't be in it for a start.

Where were these safe hands ?

I have no problem with them buying the club, just the dirty tricks they are employing to do so.

It's what David Murray would have done.

They will treat us in exactly the same manner.

I think it's all over bar the price.

I can't see Zeus/Green etc giving it all away for a pittance but I just hope the deal can be done asap.

I still stand by my previous statement that this should all have been done behind closed doors.

It should all have been done months ago. Why wasn't it???

Answers on a postcard please.

The thing people forget about Green is, he has bought the Club. He attempted the CVA but HMRC were going to say no anyway, imagine if they had agreed? He didn't sit back and say "Ach we'll go for a newco tomorrow, we'll just all go home for today", he got everything done and signed with the administrators, appointed some of the board etc AND applied to the SFA and SPL all in the same day.

Yes, some may not like the Newco route or the fact that we have went down this way (referral to some shareholders interviews on tv) but that was the only option after a CVA. Charles Green has effectively saved the Club from extinction. Although, looking at it now, Walter's group would have came in had Green stepped down.

What people seem to be forgetting is that Green bought the business and assets, that was crippled and on it's knees. Smith, McColl and Park are about to buy a completely debt free Rangers Football Club, with Ibrox, Murray Park and everything else all coming part of the package.

Who knows? If we are kept in the SPL and Smith becomes the new owner we may very well still have some star players to add into the team.

I believe the end game is a fan ownership model. Something that McColl has previously advised on

Indeed. Frankly, Greens investors will simply be looking for profit down the line, regardless of who buys the club. Don't think it is exactly daft for fans to place their trust more in a consortium containing Walter

I'd put good money on there being significantly more who have thanked Green than those who have given him stick.

There's always some idiots out there.

It's well within people's rights to not want to take another needless risk on Green when there is a safer option right here.

The majority of posts have thanked Green for what he did but would like him to make his profit and sell the club to Walters consortium

My feelings exactly.

And I like Green but you have to worry about some of the stuff. The Ian Hart involvement was a lie to begin with

It would appear hart was more confused than anyone with whom he was involved, his statement was nothing more than a frantic attempt to keep in with Smith's group after the too late intervension of that group.

Sorry for late reply Ed, Rfc52 stated earlier post McColl been seen at lots of Away games in Europe with the boys, so, take it he is a blue nose

No problem bud..have had no doubts re Park was directed towards McColl and only one person has actually come back and said they have been told he is.

He could have walked and left D&P to try and enforce an alleged tighter than a duck's arse deal, and then ?

Walked? No way. He and his group are in this to make money, oldCo or NewCo. Which they will and I'm not criticising that. All I'm saying is this was not done out of altruism. I am glad he didn't walk as It would have been too late for anyone else. He deserves credit but the NewCo route was always the most likely whether we as fans liked it or not.

On here? <cr>

There have been as many of us backing what Green has done for us as not, including those who think Green has done what is necessary but hope he sells (and makes a bit of money for his time) to Walter's consortium.

Would offer the opinion that it is much Walters consortium as Greens is his.

Can someone direct me towards this 'hate'?

There's been a great deal of suspicion, rightfully so after Whyte. And there's always a few idiots who'll give him some boo's and whatnot, but where is this 'disgusting' 'hate'?

Agree some of the total shit slagging off fellow bears for backing a Rangers Legend and some wealthy Rangers fans and only voicing there mistrust of Green in there opinion is a total fucking disgrace .

According to reports, Walter won't be in it for a start.

Where were these safe hands ?

I have no problem with them buying the club, just the dirty tricks they are employing to do so.

It's what David Murray would have done.

They will treat us in exactly the same manner.

Its a reality. Can't quite fathom that with all the spin and tactics used in all previous attempts to buy us, we have to be suddenly outraged by it now.

Walter will have involvement, that's unquestionable. Even if he isn't an active part of the day to day involvement (a quoteless Herald article hardly was convincing), there's not a question that should Craig Whyte say 'oh, i'd like to buy Rangers' in a years time, that Walter would make sure he was told to get to fuck. Can we really say the same of Green? That's not a criticism, he's well within his rights to sell to whoever gives him most profit. I'd rather just eliminate that risk now

The thing people forget about Green is, he has bought the Club. He attempted the CVA but HMRC were going to say no anyway, imagine if they had agreed? He didn't sit back and say "Ach we'll go for a newco tomorrow, we'll just all go home for today", he got everything done and signed with the administrators, appointed some of the board etc AND applied to the SFA and SPL all in the same day.

Yes, some may not like the Newco route or the fact that we have went down this way (referral to some shareholders interviews on tv) but that was the only option after a CVA. Charles Green has effectively saved the Club from extinction. Although, looking at it now, Walter's group would have came in had Green stepped down.

What people seem to be forgetting is that Green bought the business and assets, that was crippled and on it's knees. Smith, McColl and Park are about to buy a completely debt free Rangers Football Club, with Ibrox, Murray Park and everything else all coming part of the package.

Who knows? If we are kept in the SPL and Smith becomes the new owner we may very well still have some star players to add into the team.

I'm sorry but this is what is annoying me, very few are forgetting this. They are praising him for it. They just have a preference for Walter's leadership now (tu)