Get it right - Rangers did not Liquidate

It annoys me hugely in particular when I hear our fans saying the club has been or is in liquidation.

We are not, on Thursday we exited administration.

When Leeds performed the exact same thing we did, the press correctly stated the club was saved from liquidation.

When Luton Town NewCo'ed with the OldCo being liquidated, the press correctly stated the club was saved from liquidation.

Same with Darlington and many others.

Rangers FC is now sitting out of administration, with no threat of liquidation.

Only the press in this country are pushing this idea that we are somehow still getting liquidated! A shell of a corporate entity, which no longer contains our football club is getting liquidated.

Why would someone have paid £5.5m for something that is still under threat of liquidation?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that you say that, you're right!

Rangers Football Club (RFC) were a football club owned by a company called Rangers PLC (RPLC), well, it was something like that.

RPLC had to sell RFC to another company called The Rangers Football Club (TRFC)

RFC are now owned by TRFC, and RPLC will go into liquidation in a few weeks.

RFC was transferred from RPLC to TRFC before liquidation took place.

:21:

Now that you say that, you're right!

Rangers Football Club (RFC) were a football club owned by a company called Rangers PLC (RPLC), well, it was something like that.

RPLC had to sell RFC to another company called The Rangers Football Club (TRFC)

RFC are now owned by TRFC, and RPLC will go into liquidation in a few weeks.

RFC was transferred from RPLC to TRFC before liquidation took place.

:21:

Ma heed hurts but aye

It annoys me hugely in particular when I hear our fans saying the club has been or is in liquidation.

We are not, on Thursday we exited administration.

When Leeds performed the exact same thing we did, the press correctly stated the club was saved from liquidation.

When Luton Town NewCo'ed with the OldCo being liquidated, the press correctly stated the club was saved from liquidation.

Same with Darlington and many others.

Rangers FC is now sitting out of administration, with no threat of liquidation.

Only the press in this country are pushing this idea that we are somehow still getting liquidated! A shell of a corporate entity, which no longer contains our football club is getting liquidated.

Why would someone have paid £5.5m for something that is still under threat of liquidation?

Newspapers are slowly dying..........this story has sold a few extra copies, as the Bears & taigs gobble up every piece of misinformation out there, and form their own misguided opinions. Facts are meaningless to these rags, you get more facts in Viz.

The administrators confirmed that we remain in administration for another 6-8 weeks.

"We will remain as administrators for possibly a further six to 10 weeks. Only then, after that is concluded, will the liquidators that have been appointed, BDO, come on board.

"We will, of course, co-operate fully with BDO and try to help them get a better understanding of what has happened over our tenure at the club."

Once they arrive at the end of the administration period, BDO will carry out the process of winding up the old company.

The OP is 100% correct, but what we really need to do is get this sorted, either by contacting the SFA, who after all are the governing body, so that they can verify that Rangers FC still exists and still holds all trophies etc, the taigs are on a feeding frenzy over this, and i'm sorry to say that some of our own fans are beginning to believe them, which is a total tragedy, we need clarification from the proper authorities and then put in the press so that everyone is clear on this, its extremely important to every bear and we should all endeavour to make sure that they know the facts.

This needs to be said at the earliest in an interview by a club official.

Green or Murray have to explain this as I am sick of having to repeat myself to these fuckers.

Come out and say it like it is and saves the fans all the hassle.

I enjoyed putting people in their place the first few times but now I just want to punch the fuckers

The administrators confirmed that we remain in administration for another 6-8 weeks.

No they didnt.

They confirmed Rangers Football Club PLC will remain in administration for another 6-8 weeks. This is not our club, just an empty corporate shell with £5.5m in a bank account.

Our club is now out of administration and is owned by Green.

Even the HMRC confirmed that "the club will be sold" after they rejected our CVA.

"We will remain as administrators for possibly a further six to 10 weeks. Only then, after that is concluded, will the liquidators that have been appointed, BDO, come on board.

"We will, of course, co-operate fully with BDO and try to help them get a better understanding of what has happened over our tenure at the club."

Once they arrive at the end of the administration period, BDO will carry out the process of winding up the old company.

Rangers plc are in Administration for another 6-8 weeks, the club has been sold to another company not in administration

Rangers plc are in liquidation for another 6-8 weeks, the club has been sold to another company not in administration

Of course the administrators are remaining for another 6-10 weeks, although you haven't yet told them they are mistaken. :uk:

So in simpler terms, we're not a new team, we're a new company?

We'll still wear the same strip, play at Ibrox, train and MP (hopefully changes name)

The only massive change will be the drop to the lower divisions and that's a change I can live with personally

Amazing how much fuss this has created outside of Rangers, down here teams have been Newcoed and nobody bar a few accountants and the clubs fans even cares but only in Scotland does it have our rivals slabbering at the mouth to try and put the boot in. Always in our shadow.

So in simpler terms, we're not a new team, we're a new company?

We'll still wear the same strip, play at Ibrox, train and MP (hopefully changes name)

The only massive change will be the drop to the lower divisions and that's a change I can live with personally

A football club has to be owned by a company, we've just got a new company, same club though :)

Still called Rangers FC, The Rangers FC is just the name of the company who owns the football club - Rangers FC.

Of course the administrators are remaining for another 6-10 weeks, although you haven't yet told them they are mistaken. :uk:

So u think the Adminstrators are there because the club are in administration?

It never was, the plc was!!!

I think they know the difference between club and company as do hmrc and the liquidators

So u think the Adminstrators are there because the club are in administration?

It never was, the plc was!!!

I think they know the difference between club and company as do hmrc and the liquidators

I don't believe you quite grasp what the administrator stated although I did post their full unabridged quote for your perusal, I will leave it with you. (tu)

A very small hint, administrators administrate, liquidators liquidate. ;)

I don't believe you quite grasp what the administrator stated although I did post their full unabridged quote for your perusal, I will leave it with you. (tu)

Ray, you do know that the administrators are remaining with the OldCo for 6-8 weeks to wrap up proceedings before handing that over to the liquidators?

D&P no longer have any real involvement with the club that Green has bought.

I think it is you that is not grasping what they are saying.

They are administrators for the plc not the club. The club has never been in administration.

The plc is in administration and will eventually be liquidated

I think it is you that is not grasping what they are saying.

They are administrators for the plc not the club. The club has never been in administration.

The plc is in administration and will eventually be liquidated

The club is a newco it has a new name you do not seem quite able to grasp that, for it to be a newco the oldco is kaput. The Rangers Football Club not much of a difference granted but a difference, the reason why we must reapply for either the share transfer and or readmission to the SPL is because they whither you or I or anyone else likes it see us The Rangers Football Club as a brand new entity, I am sure if our legal people thought that the SPL had got that wrong we could use our ticket for the CoS.

The club is a newco it has a new name you do not seem quite able to grasp that, for it to be a newco the oldco is kaput. The Rangers Football Club not much of a difference granted but a difference, the reason why we must reapply for either the share transfer and or readmission to the SPL is because they whither you or I or anyone else likes it see us The Rangers Football Club as a brand new entity, I am sure if our legal people thought that the SPL had got that wrong we could use our ticket for the CoS.

The club are owned by a new company that is all, it is still the same club.

The Sfa membership and Spl share ate still with the oldco, hence why an application for their transfer has been initiatef