Those who back Charlie Gr**n

I'm not knocking Charles but those who support him unconditionally need to take Walters statement & Supers dilemma into account.

Very uncharacteristic for Walter not to acknowledge anyone who has the clubs interests at heart.

He has asked for Charlie to step aside without thanking or recognising his contribution when Bill Miller pulled out.

Ally has now gone on record as having had a meeting with Charlie that didn't end well.

Not consistent in any way with previous statements/press conferences

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read between the lines? How about facing up to facts.

All these so called Rangers men either did fuck all or attempted to get the club on the cheap, and of course there is one who actively encouraged liquidation.

When the call came to save us, these wealthy individuals ignored our plight and now as the club is debt free, they now want to be involved but don't want to own it but do to save it (confusing, I know).

Nobody is supporting Charles Green unconditionally, but the man stepped in to save us when our friends ignored us and for that he currently has my gratitude.

Green makes money by making Rangers successful, in essence we both want the same thing.

If Walter and his consortium want what's best for Rangers then they'll stump up the money to buy Green and his consortium out. Until that happens, Walter isn't important to the situation.

Green did what NOBODY else was willing to do - save Rangers. The stick he is having is unbelievable on here. What has he done wrong?

Sorry BT....your thread starts "Im not knocking Charles but......" so you are.

I would love Sir Walter to be involved. Dream team. But he wont even be on the board. He is putting his name to the bid. If all true Rangers men really want whats best...why cant they work together?

Im not an ardent Green fan...but ffs the guy has had rubbish to deal with and deserves at least some appreciation from us.

I'm not knocking Charles but those who support him unconditionally need to take Walters statement & Supers dilemma into account.

Very uncharacteristic for Walter not to acknowledge anyone who has the clubs interests at heart.

He has asked for Charlie to step aside without thanking or recognising his contribution when Bill Miller pulled out.

Ally has now gone on record as having had a meeting with Charlie that didn't end well.

Oh dear - next we will need to analyse all the body language involved.

Reading between the lines is all we have done for months and everyone who reads between the lines comes up with a differnt theory!

Here is my theory - I want Rangers to survive - up till Walter came in Green was the only game in town - and for that I thank him - I want Walter to get the club but NOT at the cost of sticking the knife into Green nor of making up stories wich is basically what reading between the lines is.

Read between the lines? How about facing up to facts.

All these so called Rangers men either did fuck all or attempted to get the club on the cheap, and of course there is one who actively encouraged liquidation.

When the call came to save us, these wealthy individuals ignored our plight and now as the club is debt free, they now want to be involved but don't want to own it but do to save it (confusing, I know).

Nobody is supporting Charles Green unconditionally, but the man stepped in to save us when our friends ignored us and for that he currently has my gratitude.

What did Charles green save us from ?

doh

Hard to read between the lines of SWS et al bid as they havent laid it out. Blindloyalfaithful.

Green on the other hand has made it clear he isnt doing it for any love of the club. He is looking to make money and in the process save Rangers. Whats so wrong with that?

Until very recently, Walter was still giving interviews saying how David Murray has been a great chairman. His judgement in this type of thing is very much in question.

Green didn't save us........the CVA was rejected. He didn't offer enough to save us. And he didn't get involved out of concern and love for us. He's in it only to make money and that isn't dependent on us being successful as mentioned earlier.

The where's and why's as to why others didn't get involved earlier should be parked. What is important is the here and now.

Green isn't the messiah. He'll fleece you and me for as much as he can and to Hell with the long term well being of our club. His track record in business is littered with question marks and black marks. Remind you of anyone?

Gee it a rest FFS!!!

Now we are all experts as forensive detectives!

No one is supportin anybody unconditionally FFS and that includes Walter and his co-op! What this group did was so wrong at so many levels!

I you can't do ''united'' YOUR loss!!

Let us hang the guilty before they are proven innocent, why don't we.

Some just don't ever learn! Peddlin their diatribe like good wee taig choir bhoys FFS, gee us peace!

Green didn't save us........the CVA was rejected. He didn't offer enough to save us. And he didn't get involved out of concern and love for us. He's in it only to make money and that isn't dependent on us being successful as mentioned earlier.

The where's and why's as to why others didn't get involved earlier should be parked. What is important is the here and now.

Green isn't the messiah. He'll fleece you and me for as much as he can and to Hell with the long term well being of our club. His track record in business is littered with question marks and black marks. Remind you of anyone?

... and until we heard of Walters bid Green saved us from actually being liquidated! - That is End-ex, shut the doors - no more club.

maybe greens history is, but he isnt the owner ffs

again people are getting things wrong, it isnt green vs smith, its greens consortioum vs smiths consortium, and so far mccoll and park have done heehaw for the club

When Green became involved, he always stated that he was here to make money, he never denied that and those who criticise him for this are also the people who wanted the truth and transparency.

Yes, some of his Yorkshire bluster is annoying but with the abuse he has taken, is there anything wrong in him defending his position.

As for the Cardigan Consortium, where were they when Miller, Ng et al just disappeared and let us whistling in the wind?

McColl and his team could easily have found the money then but they waited .... but waited for what?? For the club to be available at a cheaper price? Waited for the club to be at it's lowest ebb? Waited for(or engineered) the right PR moment when Green was at his weakest and they could take advantage !!

I am a fan of Walter, I do believe that he has the best interest of the club at heart but this could have been done so much better.

Rather than splitting the support, which this has done, it could have been a catalyst for good, Walter could have led us forward, together, bringing Green and his money along with McColl and his funds. Partners can eventually buy out other partners, Green could have left with his money and the thanks of a grateful support.

I just hope this works out for the best .... The best for the club, the best for its support and the best for its investors.

... and until we heard of Walters bid Green saved us from actually being liquidated! - That is End-ex, shut the doors - no more club.

Please remember the much vilified Blue Knights put a proposal forward at the same time as green did. Unfortunately those bastions of virtue, Duff and Phelps, decided that Charlie's was the one to go forward with. So let's explode that myth once and for all that he was the only one prepared to step up and play.

When the dust settles a long time from now, we'll know who were the good guys and bad guys in this whole sorry saga. There are serious doubts over Green and his motives and these are justified. He's a lying bastard. Three times now he's spun us one and been found out. There can be no doubts right now on the motives of the Smith consortium.

It's academic anyway as Green will be history soon.

When Green became involved, he always stated that he was here to make money, he never denied that and those who criticise him for this are also the people who wanted the truth and transparency.

Yes, some of his Yorkshire bluster is annoying but with the abuse he has taken, is there anything wrong in him defending his position.

As for the Cardigan Consortium, where were they when Miller, Ng et al just disappeared and let us whistling in the wind?

McColl and his team could easily have found the money then but they waited .... but waited for what?? For the club to be available at a cheaper price? Waited for the club to be at it's lowest ebb? Waited for(or engineered) the right PR moment when Green was at his weakest and they could take advantage !!

I am a fan of Walter, I do believe that he has the best interest of the club at heart but this could have been done so much better.

Rather than splitting the support, which this has done, it could have been a catalyst for good, Walter could have led us forward, together, bringing Green and his money along with McColl and his funds. Partners can eventually buy out other partners, Green could have left with his money and the thanks of a grateful support.

I just hope this works out for the best .... The best for the club, the best for its support and the best for its investors.

Great post. I want Walter involved in our club, what fan would not, but the way it has been handled so far is not good. I hope during the next few days some sort of deal can be done as you say for everyones advantage. (tu)

maybe greens history is, but he isnt the owner ffs

again people are getting things wrong, it isnt green vs smith, its greens consortioum vs smiths consortium, and so far mccoll and park have done heehaw for the club

Take your point but by extension the consortium members are in it for the money too and they will always put the potential return before a successful club. Zeus will want a big return on their wedge for their members. That's all they are interested in. The Smith consortium have the clubs long term interests as their main goal. That's why it's pivotal for Rangers that the fans mobilise and see Green and friends off the premises. They'll do okay from it so don't worry about offending them or hurting their feelings.

Yes, yes and yes! real Rangers men who didnt want to step in and save us from all this anguish because it would have cost them a few quid more and because they didnt want to be tarred with the liquidation brush.

The support has now been split and I think its a real shame. A few months back before admin has SWS and his gang of knights came forward I would probably have exploded with excitement. However the timing is just downright underhand to me.

Please remember the much vilified Blue Knights put a proposal forward at the same time as green did. Unfortunately those bastions of virtue, Duff and Phelps, decided that Charlie's was the one to go forward with. So let's explode that myth once and for all that he was the only one prepared to step up and play.

let's remember that TBK's offered around £9m which included money gained from future European qualifications, so really the bid was probably around £6m, while Greens bid was £11m of real cash, only one bid could be seriously considered as a solution to all creditors (not knowing that HMRC was always going to torpedo the CVA)

Let's explode THAT myth !!

Yes, yes and yes! real Rangers men who didnt want to step in and save us from all this anguish because it would have cost them a few quid more and because they didnt want to be tarred with the liquidation brush.

The support has now been split and I think its a real shame. A few months back before admin has SWS and his gang of knights came forward I would probably have exploded with excitement. However the timing is just downright underhand to me.

No one honestly knows the reasons why we are where we are just now. So stop getting uptight about fanciful assumptions and just be pleased that we have the option of a BETTER way now.

For the record though, I would guess that they never got involved due to TBK's being a front runner and that it's highly likely that this is TBK mark 2 with McColl and Smith fronting things at this stage to bring the support together. Only a guess though........

The Smith consortium have the clubs long term interests as their main goal. T

Do they, i take it they have released their future plans for the club and how they intend to fund the club

Remember that if all players come over to the newco we still have a black hole to plug, which Green's mob are plugging as we speak