So-called "supporters" behaving like ?

Konovolov

It's really starting to get annoying all these bully-boy tactics being used to try to force Green and his consortium to walk away. I admit that when I heard Walter wanted to get involved with a consortium involving Scotland's richest man, my first reaction was "Yes ya dancer!", but that has been tempered somewhat by the lack of noise from said group after Green offered Wattie chairmanship and the other members the opportunity to invest and have a say on the board. One would have thought that this would be the ideal situation.

Now there's talk from the RST advising supporters to hold off buying season tickets, a planned anti-Green march, and even sponsors - Central Car Auctions - stopping sponsorship whilst Green's consortium are in charge. This, to me, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Stooping to financial blackmail, and stomping your feet shouldn't be the Rangers way- leave that sort of pish to the Bheastenders.

And then there's the "We want Rangers men for Rangers!" brigade. I'm sorry, but look where the past few Rangers men left us. Get your heads out your arses and look at the bigger picture. Perhaps the fact that Green and Zeus are purely looking at the business aspect is the best thing that could happen? They want to steady the ship, create a well-run, profit-making club, and jump when they can make a good return. I see nothing wrong with that, and Wattie and his mob should surely jump aboard if their aim is purely to see the best for Rangers and not have the responsibility of ownership.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really starting to get annoying all these bully-boy tactics being used to try to force Green and his consortium to walk away. I admit that when I heard Walter wanted to get involved with a consortium involving Scotland's richest man, my first reaction was "Yes ya dancer!", but that has been tempered somewhat by the lack of noise from said group after Green offered Wattie chairmanship and the other members the opportunity to invest and have a say on the board. One would have thought that this would be the ideal situation.

Now there's talk from the RST advising supporters to hold off buying season tickets, a planned anti-Green march, and even sponsors - Central Car Auctions - stopping sponsorship whilst Green's consortium are in charge. This, to me, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Stooping to financial blackmail, and stomping your feet shouldn't be the Rangers way- leave that sort of pish to the Bheastenders.

And then there's the "We want Rangers men for Rangers!" brigade. I'm sorry, but look where the past few Rangers men left us. Get your heads out your arses and look at the bigger picture. Perhaps the fact that Green and Zeus are purely looking at the business aspect is the best thing that could happen? They want to steady the ship, create a well-run, profit-making club, and jump when they can make a good return. I see nothing wrong with that, and Wattie and his mob should surely jump aboard if their aim is purely to see the best for Rangers and not have the responsibility of ownership.

One would have thought that this would be the ideal situation.

Why would you think that? A split board with different aims for the club - one wants money out of The Rangers and the other wants money into The Rangers.

MacDonald lurks in the background ready to fund new players - for the good of his health do you think?

Agreed. I think the treatment that's being dished out to green and co is shocking. I'm fucking far from impressed with the way walt and co have gone about this. Complete and utter disrespect for green by using the media and the fans in this way to mount against him. I'm sticking with green as he came forward and done what had to be done

Sorry mate, good post, but , I've never trusted Green from day 1 and I ain't changing my mind now.

Agree, looks crap the way Walters consortium have went about it, but, I personally wouldnt like to work under a man who stated TUPE doesn't mean players can walk out. I believe the mans a bully and if his group stays I feel it will be seen.

Also, majority fans on here have expressed they rather go down to Division 3 than go to them pricks with a begging bowl.

Green and Zeus are in for the money, they say so, and no harm there.

But, Green will beg SPL to have us there, even with more punishments.

Walter smith and his consortium will come back and make another bid.

Agreed. I think the treatment that's being dished out to green and co is shocking. I'm fucking far from impressed with the way walt and co have gone about this. Complete and utter disrespect for green by using the media and the fans in this way to mount against him. I'm sticking with green as he came forward and done what had to be done

What was that? form a newco get rid of all the debts make more money for himself in the future.

The ideal situation now would be for green to step aside

It will be much better for the club with Walters consortium in charge.

Like many others I don't like the bully boy tactics being employed to make this happen I just hope he agrees to cash in trouser his profit and move on with the minimum of fuss.

I am sick of the bad publicity our club has been getting I just want it to stop.

Well said dude.

I want Walter to win purely because they will reinvest any profit whereas green will not.

That behind said, the way they are going about it is crap. Just pay up or move on.

Who is to say that maybe greens consortium have better plans for the club and would be a better board.

Well said dude.

I want Walter to win purely because they will reinvest any profit whereas green will not.

That behind said, the way they are going about it is crap. Just pay up or move on.

Who is to say that maybe greens consortium have better plans for the club and would be a better board.

The bit in bold. How will green have better plans if he doesn't want to invest?

What better plans can this guy possibly have if he's not willing to do this?

Sorry mate, good post, but , I've never trusted Green from day 1 and I ain't changing my mind now.

Agree, looks crap the way Walters consortium have went about it, but, I personally wouldnt like to work under a man who stated TUPE doesn't mean players can walk out. I believe the mans a bully and if his group stays I feel it will be seen.

Also, majority fans on here have expressed they rather go down to Division 3 than go to them pricks with a begging bowl.

Green and Zeus are in for the money, they say so, and no harm there.

But, Green will beg SPL to have us there, even with more punishments.

I know there's a big clamour to just give the SPL a big GIRFUY and go to Div 3, watch the chunts implode due their own hypocracy and jealousy and come back bigger, better and stronger - but thinking about it, I can't see it going to plan. Yes we'll have 3 years (2 if the SFA league changes go ahead) of bringing through the youths and probably being able to cherry-pick the cream of the lower division talent, but to what end? We come back to a weakened, embittered SPL, missing several clubs due to future newcos (assuming the SPL don't continue with the "one rule for Rangers" approach).

I can't see Green accepting any financial punishment, so we're possibly talking points deduction/cup ban. I'd love to see the Gers overcoming a 10 point deduction to win the league despite no European incentive, and even if the Tarriers did win the league, if we were within the points deduction of them, we'd know who the champions really were, and it'd be yet another tainted title for their collection.

Walter smith and his consortium will come back and make another bid.

It's not really Walters consortium and you're right they will do.

I don't think anyone is against that. Anyone is welcome to bid.

However the way they've gone about it is underhand and the dirty tricks have to stop.

The bit in bold. How will green have better plans if he doesn't want to invest?

What better plans can this guy possibly have if he's not willing to do this?

A business does not always have to invest heavily to make a profit.

I am not saying this is true but the ideas they have may make more money for them and the club in the long run.

Who is to say that rangers men would be better for the club.

Having said that I still want Walter to come out on top. McColl and park are impressive business men

Many people are suspicious of Green. His comments of 20 investors, and the club never being in debt again which have proved to be untrue, haven't helped him. He has put a lot of stock in his no nonsense straight talking Yorkshireman image, yet he has been less than honest on a couple of occasions. The whole Ally McCoist situation hasn't helped him either. By and large, I don't think he has done anything wrong up to this point. He has spotted an opportunity to make money and gone for it. However, he knows football and he knows supporters aren't ordinary customers.

We, as supporters have had a turbulent few years off the park. If you give any fan the option of a hard nosed profit seeking businessman and a consortium headed by (in my opinion) the greatest ever Ranger, there will only be one winner. Just by being linked to Walter Smith, his consortium members will have instant credibility. The fans want these guys in ASAP, and the only tactic we have is to cut off revenue. This is a game of high stakes poker with posturing and bravado on all sides. I am in no doubt that Green and co will sell up, it's just a case of when and for how much.

As much as I don't think Green has done a whole lot wrong, neither have the fans. Calling them "so called fans" and "tims" is harsh and unfair. We have had the power to influence potential revenue for years and have never used it. We've all seen what that approach contributed to.

Have to agree with your views on the situation bud......it's not that we would not welcome Walter.indeed he has been invited to run the Football Board and McColl/Park to have talks about bringing their investment for the benefit of the club.

If Green and his merry men get enough money on the table - enough instant profit - they'll walk right now.

That should tell you everything about their 'long term' goals.

And he's entitled to that and I wouldn't have a problem. If Walter's consortium put the money on the table and get everything sorted quickly and above board, everyone will be happy- but when will they? And as I said, just because Walter is a figurehead for some "Rangers men" doesn't mean that they'll be any better or less ruthless in a business sense.

I know there's a big clamour to just give the SPL a big GIRFUY and go to Div 3, watch the chunts implode due their own hypocracy and jealousy and come back bigger, better and stronger - but thinking about it, I can't see it going to plan. Yes we'll have 3 years (2 if the SFA league changes go ahead) of bringing through the youths and probably being able to cherry-pick the cream of the lower division talent, but to what end? We come back to a weakened, embittered SPL, missing several clubs due to future newcos (assuming the SPL don't continue with the "one rule for Rangers" approach).

I can't see Green accepting any financial punishment, so we're possibly talking points deduction/cup ban. I'd love to see the Gers overcoming a 10 point deduction to win the league despite no European incentive, and even if the Tarriers did win the league, if we were within the points deduction of them, we'd know who the champions really were, and it'd be yet another tainted title for their collection.

I don't accept the Division 3 clammer either, I remember under John Greig attendances of 12000 , so , I can understand the laptop loyal shouting for Div 3 , but wait till it dies down and it's a winters nov night against Stirling Albion (example) and see how many fans are there then.

Your second paragraph, do you honestly think these cretins will let us off with just a 10 pt deduction? Scottish cup ban? If they had there way we would be dead and buried, Christ, there mob are even writing to the publishers of " The Wee Red Book" to have us struck off for next season, and buried 2012 . That's what we are up against, a well planned vendetta from above.

I want someone (Walter Smith) at Ibrox as our spokesman who, the press have respect for, trust, to fight our case and go eye to eye with those SPL chairmen/ cretins and Fight our corner, someone who IS Rangers, not a man who is scared of losing his investors money

...Calling them "so called fans" and "tims" is harsh and unfair.

Sorry mate, didn't mean to offend, it's just the way they've gone about it. Trying to undermine, blackmail and stamp their feet until they get what they want. Led blindly by Dingwall- who I don't personally know or have much opinion of, but have seen enough on here to know he doesn't have many fans on RM, and seems to have questionable motives.

I don't think its a clamour to GIRFUY the SPL mate. Lots of us don't want to stay in the SPL on a point of principle. Other clubs don't come into the equation. This is about Rangers fans wanting to do things the right way.