A call for Malcolm Murray to meet Donald Findlay

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope Green and Co agree do meet Donald and we get some answers.

Lack of information is the foremost problem at this time.

Once all the information is available and we have clarity, then everyone can make informed decisions - do nothing (a traditional fans favourite), back Green and buy seasons to finance his operations, or back Bomber and buy into the trust and making decisions for the club in the future.

This can be settled once and for all.

Malcolm Murray should sit down with Donald Findlay and answer any questions put to him regarding all the concerns which have been raised.

I believe all the various Rangers fan groups should ask for this to happen and we will all hopefully have the answers.

Malcolm Murray stated in his statement that he wished for unity and that he was prepared to talk to John Brown.

Well if he met and talked to Donald Findlay then surely nobody would object to that.

MM has made a statement - a pretty clear and precise statement - he made that statement to YOU in public - what good is validation by a third party going to do - MM is a Rangers man - proven season ticket holder, lets take the man at his word and trust that he is doing the best with the skills and resources he has!

Stop all this calling for verification - it is divisive.

If you dont trust him - based on his staements to date - just say so but man up and stop looking for others to make your decision for you.

I don't see what this has got to do with Findlay his resigning was the start of the full blown attacks on our great club.....If he stood his ground at the time we wouldn't have been verbally raped for years.......New blood a new defender of the faith for me...

I don't see what this has got to do with Findlay his resigning was the start of the full blown attacks on our great club.....If he stood his ground at the time we wouldn't have been verbally raped for years.......New blood a new defender of the faith for me...

Murray kicked him out - he was too much of a prod for the apologist.

Once all the information is available and we have clarity, then everyone can make informed decisions - do nothing (a traditional fans favourite), back Green and buy seasons to finance his operations, or back Bomber and buy into the trust and making decisions for the club in the future.

You say finance his operations if we back green, is that operations running rangers ?

You say finance his operations if we back green, is that operations running rangers ?

Indeed - we will soon see how committed he is when he has to spend a couple of his own pounds rather than ours. If he has the best interest of the club at heart I am sure it will be no issue for him to cover things until the first game, after all, if you are in it for the long term, I am sure all these potential pitfalls have been planned for and fully thought through.

Why should Malcolm murray give donald findlay the time of day untill he is willing to make a serious offer of investment?

I put it to you that if I just turned up at your door demanding answers about how you bought your house/car/stuff in your shed cause i'm thinking of buying it you'd tell me to do one. And quite rightly so.

Murray made a very detailed and very public statement to address peoples concerns, why should he cave in and divulge all of his business information to what is essentially an outsider (previous rangers connections or not at this moment in time he is an outsider to the whole affair)

Let's stop making demands and giving ultimatums and get behind our team or we'll never get anywhere.

Why should Malcolm murray give donald findlay the time of day untill he is willing to make a serious offer of investment?

I put it to you that if I just turned up at your door demanding answers about how you bought your house/car/stuff in your shed cause i'm thinking of buying it you'd tell me to do one. And quite rightly so.

Murray made a very detailed and very public statement to address peoples concerns, why should he cave in and divulge all of his business information to what is essentially an outsider (previous rangers connections or not at this moment in time he is an outsider to the whole affair)

Let's stop making demands and giving ultimatums and get behind our team or we'll never get anywhere.

MM said he would welcome a meeting with them - so why would he not talk to them about fans concerns. He only released the statement because we raised concerns and complained. Not all the concerns have been addressed - thats the point.

I don't think checking every aspect is unreasonable after everything that has gone on.

Indeed - we will soon see how committed he is when he has to spend a couple of his own pounds rather than ours. If he has the best interest of the club at heart I am sure it will be no issue for him to cover things until the first game, after all, if you are in it for the long term, I am sure all these potential pitfalls have been planned for and fully thought through.

I'm sure he will, that would be the same financial operations any owner would have to undertake. So to some it just a case of making things harder for our owners because it's not the ones we want.

Whose money do you think has been running the club since takeover? Of course Green will need the fans' money to run the Club, how else do you run a football club (in Scotland)? If any of the other bidding parties took over the first thing they would do is ask the fans to renew season tickets. This is a ridiculous discussion.

MM said he would welcome a meeting with them - so why would he not talk to them about fans concerns. He only released the statement because we raised concerns and complained. Not all the concerns have been addressed - thats the point.

I don't think checking every aspect is unreasonable after everything that has gone on.

I'm not saying that MM didn't say he'd welcome a meeting however what was his alternative, tell him to get tae and have everyone screaming "He's got something to hide" "show us the deeds". I'm simply stating I don't think he should have to meet donald findlay and divulge all his information to him because what right has donald findlay to this information.

Now if Findlay was part of a serious bid for investment in the club or had some sort of offer to make then that would be different however I don't believe this to be the case (at the moment at least).

You are right of course there is no harm in asking questions however im not sure why it should be Donald findlay asking them, out of interest what is it in particular you want answered that wasn't in the statement?

Not trying to have a go, just genuinely curious.

We know Sevco owns the Club and Murray Park. The first question would then be who owns Sevco, and who are the legally responsible persons. It may be a list of those we already know about, thus why the issues re providing the details?

Once published it may be a let down of sorts (if you know what I mean) when there is nothing ground breaking per se, but it will put everyones mind at ease.

Normally no-one would ask anything about this, but these are not normal days.

Additionally, there is little doubt that Green is not trusted by the current players/management/staff. There must be a reason for this, however no-one will tell us what the problem is as they are too scared to speak out. I admire the players who have stayed on and hope they can stick this period out.

I feel that if the staff were behind Green, it would be well publicised, but the opposite is true. If you want to know what is going on at any company, ask the people who are there everyday. This is a point that worries me greatly.

I like MM and he seems to be a man whose heart is in the right place, but he has only been there 5 minutes, and without doubt he will not be fully up to speed on everything that has gone on, and is currently developing.

Regards Donald - he is trusted by every fan I know, and has a razor like mind more than capable of running the numbers and asking the right questions. If he sits down and comes out the door with the thumbs up, then I will be buying my four season books that week.

What more information do you need following yesterday's statement from Malcolm Murray? I thought he covered most points which were being asked by the fans.

Bomber offered no information whatsoever. Who is putting up the money for Bomber's "group" to buy out Green's consortium? Who is in his "group"? All rhetoric and no substance. It is far too late for him or any other bidder to come in at this stage. The Club can't afford to wait. The RFC statement yesterday involves plans to involve fan ownership in future. In my opinion, it is far too early to involve fan ownership at this juncture. Let's face facts here, there are so many disparate fans groups at present, some apparently with their own agenda. The Rangers Supporters Association, the Rangers Assembly, the RST, the Vanguard Bears, the Blue Order, the Union Bears, Rangers Unite and not one of these groups represent me, my family or my friends who are all lifelong Bears. There is little to be gained by each group going off on their own on some poorly thought up scheme with no proper organisation and what appears to me to be with little attempt to ballot their members beforehand.

I never like to criticise other Gers fans but there is little to be gained by lack of unity and in-fighting. Once we can get all the fan groups under one cohesive umbrella then we can start talking about fan ownership.

Why should he meet with him?

Isn't Findlay still the Cowdenbeath chairman at this time? I'm not sure how he can act for a consortium intent on buying The Rangers whilst simultaneously being asked to play a role in where they will be in Scottish football.

Isn't Findlay still the Cowdenbeath chairman at this time? I'm not sure how he can act for a consortium intent on buying The Rangers whilst simultaneously being asked to play a role in where they will be in Scottish football.

Haven't read anything to say that he has resigned from his position at Cowdenbeath. Think I may get in touch for a meeting........well they haven't shown Proof of Fundsbiggrin.gif so why would I uk.gif

He can as 'an advisor'. If he were to pursue a buy out and he wanted a role, he would have to quit the Blue Brazil before the application was made to the SFA for his appointment in whatever role he may play.

He can as 'an advisor'. If he were to pursue a buy out and he wanted a role, he would have to quit the Blue Brazil before the application was made to the SFA for his appointment in whatever role he may play.

Advisor has someone been charged with a crimewacko.gif Can they not pay for someone more qualified.

Aye, it's obvious really.

I just wouldn't want Mr Findlay to be hounded for being 'heavily conflicted' in the way that Campbell Ogilvie is by Alex Thomson.

Ot maybe Thomson knows better than to pick on someone with the ability to take his persistent telling of lies to task :sherlock: