SFL vote Rangers into Division Three

Creampuff

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SFL CHIEF EXECUTIVE DAVID LONGMUIR"The Rangers representatives were invited in at the end of the meeting and informed that their application to play in the SFL had been successful; and that the vast majority of clubs had voted in favour of them joining Division Three.

"They accepted this with good grace and went out of the door with their heads held high."

Very well spoken from David Longmuir. Speaking about the need for full reconstruction and that the Div 1 clubs were strongly in support for a 42 team solution.

To me this means if they try and force an spl 2 they are going to tell them to stick it after all you can't have an spl 2 if nobody wants to join it my worry is regan & co will try to suspend us for a year now.

I take it you have no idea how this affects our club.

As long as Scottish football dies (Which we are a part of) you will be happy.

Scottish football needs to be restarted with a clean slate if this decision ensures all the other clubs now start to live within there means, if it ensures change at the top the it's worth it, grass roots football will improve and it may not be such a bad thing everyone saying oh we soon be league of ireland status, what you mean with one champions league place and our champions having to play 2 qualifiying rounds? that is exactly where we would have been in 2 years anyway going by recent results so who gives a fuck.

Not sure why such delirium.

We will lose players by being in division 3 rather than division 1.

We will not be able to attract the best players for a few years.

We will be screwed when we get back to the SPL by having to buy players to get us out of the various divisions and then probably the guts of a new squad when we get there. Money which I don't see Green providing.

They will win the next 3 spls, tainted, but will narrow the gap.

We will be out of Europe for 4 years now which is a big blow financially.

We will reduce our revenue stream as we will have to charge lower prices.

And by the time we are back, the SPL will be so shite that SKY won't pay 2 bob for it, so long term there will be no cash.

The positives:

A load of the diddy clubs will go bust.

They will always be seen as tainted titles.

We will create a record for the unbeated run over a few years in the league we will go on.

The glory hunters in our support will be weeded out just as the players who weren't truely loyal have been weeded out.

We won't have the dimwhits pollutting Ibrox unless we beat them in the cup.

I hope we get the mhanks in the cup. Could you imagine a division 3 side whipping their peado arses. Now that would be brilliant.

To me this means if they try and force an spl 2 they are going to tell them to stick it after all you can't have an spl 2 if nobody wants to join it my worry is regan & co will try to suspend us for a year now.

More likely that it will be kicked back to the SPL clubs to change their decision. I doubt this is over by a long way.

Has our app been accepted to the SFL3?

Rangers has been accepted into the SFL and will start in Division Three, at the minute. But expect that to change. The SPL clubs will probably now vote Rangers back into the SPL and then it is back in Green's court, as Rangers is hardly in a position to be able to compete effectively in the SPL.

I still think the SFA will gerrymander a decision that's going to put Rangers back in the top division sooner than we think. What i think will happen is that we will play in the 3rd division for 1 season (naturally) then the new SPL 1 & 2 will be created. The SFA will then 'invite' teams to join the setup and Rangers will accept SPL 1. We NEED to support the team in the 3rd in large numbers to assure that, financially, we can compete in SPL 1.

The next 3 seasons are going to be the best 3 years for me as a fan. We've had the highs, take the lows when they come and there's no doubt we'll come back stronger.

Cant think of a better way to spend a Saturday than travelling the length and breadth of the country with proper rangers fans to watch the only team worth following. Bring it on.

Going to enjoy being 100% proud of us climbing through the leagues and regaining our crown upon the top of the SPL.

Unless of course, as most of us think, there will be a drastic knee jerk reaction to reform the leagues. Sporting Fairness and Sporting Integrity mean nothing when the money man has the SFA's back against the wall.

Exactly. OK, Div.3 it is. Going to be difficulties & no lie, but it ought to shut those those bastards up now (*ought to...but never will). We will come back from this, and we won't forget anyone who was happy to stick the knife in. As an aside, just re-watched "Fistful of Dollars" last night. Think of Clint as Gers FC and the Rojo clan as SPL/SFA. We're far from dead, so watch your fucking backs.

I'm sorry to say this, but to a majority of this country, it really isn't.

Next you will be saying there are more chelsea supporters than Rangers fans. The terry shite is a non story that no one in any country gives a fck about. Fckn disgusting from sky to cut to that pish during the sfa statement.

Cunts

Archived