The media, the fans, the clubs, even some of us

Reading a lot of the statements made over the last few days from journalists who spent their time slating us and demanding punishment, ditto the clubs who voted us out of the SPL, and even the fans of those clubs who are starting to see where this is all heading, and even some of the Rangers fans who are less than enthralled at the reality of Division 3 football (although I know that the majority are relatively happy with it) has got me thinking that a lot of the children involved in this debacle are starting to regret not acting like grown-ups.

The IDEAL solution for these people was that Rangers were put in Division 1, or even the SPL, and that they could rail against the unfairness of it all, hold it over us forever that we were 'let-off' and continue with the big talk, while secretly rubbing their hands at the cash flowing in (OUR cash by the way).

I don't expect anyone to openly admit they made a mistake (although I will make an exception for Jim Traynor, who is the only one who has had the bottle to honestly change his opinion), but privately, they wanted the compromise solution, and they wanted to still be able to harp on about integrity.

Now, they need to either wake up, change their votes and positions, or they need to live with the consequences, but it is getting pretty late in the day to put the genie back in the bottle.

The thing that really bugs me is if we were voted into DIV 1 then we would still have had

1. The tranfer embargo

2. No recourse of appeal or legal action for further punishments.

The other things, fines, payback of football debts I can accept - but the 2 above are not acceptable under any circumstances.

It has to be DIV 3.

If Rangers were allowed into SPL/Division one after going down the newco route whats to stop other clubs doing the same? It has to be division three.

"sporting integrity" says it should be division three but bear in mind there is no rule stating it has to be division three. Also with the new super dupper made up on the spot cause we (the sfa) are incompetent rules allow them to judge it on a case by case basis.

Any other team bar rangers or Celtic would barely register financially but, as we have seen, rangers or even Celtic being demoted the third division is going to have a massive impact.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for division three, I'm looking forward to the away trips and a challenge but what worries me is what's going to be left when we get back to the SPL. It's all great watching the rest of the SPL fuckers burn but what does it mean for us long term.

If Rangers were allowed into SPL/Division one after going down the newco route whats to stop other clubs doing the same? It has to be division three.

I think this is a point thats not been properly addressed. There is a good chance that with Rangers in Div 3 then perhaps 2 or 3 other clubs will go into admin this season. I cant see the SFA alowing the SPL to lose so many clubs ( and income). They were perfectly happy to lose Rangers to div 1 as the parasitical supporters of diddy clubs , heavily encouraged by the bheasts from the east, wanted their pound of flesh. I dont think they would be so morally outraged if it were a club such as Scumdee utd and i believe they would do everything to make them a special case.

I'm happy to take Div3 and I must admit to a certain enjoyment watching all these bastards squirming and looking for a 'face saving' (money saving) way out of the cluster fuk that they themselves have created.

Regan and Doncaster should both immediately be sacked for gross incompetence.

The latest proposal, no source yet, from Regan is that we put all the SPL and SFL teams in one 'big league' just for one season.

Each team will play their opposition only once. Games will be split roughly 50-50 home and away. Except for Rangers who have to play all their games away from home.

The top 16 teams from the 'big league' will automatically be given places in newco SPL for the following season.

If Rangers finish outside the top16 they will be given back the points deducted last season. This is purely in the name of sporting integrity and is in no way connected to TV deals.

It has to be Division 3 now because our team would require heavy investment for it to be able to compete in the SPL. With no European football for at least 3 years, where is that heavy investment going to come from?