The Open

norgerpd

Who are we all betting this week,lads.

I'm on a magical run with the golf.

Had Siem in the French(33's) and Marc Warren(e/w at 125-1) last week.Should have been 2 in a row if the big man hadn't bottled it on Sunday.

My main bet will be Donald at Lytham.

Who are we all betting this week,lads.

I'm on a magical run with the golf.

Had Siem in the French(33's) and Marc Warren(e/w at 125-1) last week.Should have been 2 in a row if the big man hadn't bottled it on Sunday.

My main bet will be Donald at Lytham.

On what grounds did you back Warren?

On what grounds did you back Warren?

I keep a keen eye on all the Scots.

He has been playing fairly well all season.He seems to lack staying power ,though ,as his performance tends to falter going into the latter stages.

The big man has tons of ability,though.Definately worth keeping in mind.

Oh yeah.....and he's a massive Bluenose! ;)

Angel Cabrera tends to pick his game up at Majors so i'll be having a go @ 250/1 .

Other outsiders worth considering are :-

Alvaro Quiros @ 250/1

Kevin Na @ 250/1

Johnathon Byrd @ 150/1

And for fun David Duval @ 1000/1. Won it last time it was at the course in 2001 and we've seen in recent times a few shocks in bad weather (Tom Watson going close in 2009,Darren Clarke winning last year,etc).

Angel Cabrera tends to pick his game up at Majors so i'll be having a go @ 250/1 .

Other outsiders worth considering are :-

Alvaro Quiros @ 250/1

Kevin Na @ 250/1

Johnathon Byrd @ 150/1

And for fun David Duval @ 1000/1. Won it last time it was at the course in 2001 and we've seen in recent times a few shocks in bad weather (Tom Watson going close in 2009,Darren Clarke winning last year,etc).

Worth sticking a quid on these guys to be leading after the opening day,who knows?

As for Sunday? Not a hope!

Duval - don't waste your money, he's 1000/1 for a reason.

Hard to look past the two English boys, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tiger yet though.

Westwood to win because his driving is so dependable and the green aren't terribly difficult.

Apart from David Duval,the other 3 are top 50 in the rankings. Decent value IMO.

Lytham and our British summer will be a massive shock to Byrd and Na.Not sure if they will cope.

Quiros will be in the long stuff too many times to mount any kind of challenge.Dont expect to see him make the cut.

Then again,it is golf we're talking about here!

Duval - don't waste your money, he's 1000/1 for a reason.

Hard to look past the two English boys, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tiger yet though.

Westwood to win because his driving is so dependable and the green aren't terribly difficult.

Tiger's played at this course twice and not finished inside the top 20. If the weather plays up I don't hold much hope for him either.

Having said that, it is Tiger :pipe:

What way do Darren Clarke,Rory McIlroy,and Graeme McDowell "swing" ?

Only McDowell is one of us ?

Clarke was brought up and schooled as a Protestant. McIlroy is an RC who went to a Protestant school. Don't know about McDowell.