***Scottish League Cup First Round Draw- Rangers vs. East Fife***

Thommo

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this does is give timmy more ammunition to fire at us.

Queen of the South v Alloa Athletic

Stranraer v Livingston

Raith Rovers v Berwick Rangers

Peterhead v Dundee

Stenhousemuir v Brechin City

Montrose v Cowdenbeath

Ayr United v Clyde

Queen’s Park v Airdrie United

Dumbarton v Albion Rovers

Forfar Athletic v Partick Thistle

Falkirk v Elgin City

The Rangers v East Fife

Hamilton Academical v Annan Athletic

East Stirlingshire v Morton

Arbroath v Stirling Albion

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news/article/sclc-first-round-draw-40/

:rolleyes: No one else has a incorrect club name

Stranraer v Livingston

Peterhead v Dundee

Montrose v Cowdenbeath

Ayr United v Clyde

Falkirk v Elgin City

The Rangers v East Fife

Get it changed - who the fuck are The Rangers?

Stranraer v Livingston

Peterhead v Dundee

Montrose v Cowdenbeath

Ayr United v Clyde

Falkirk v Elgin City

The Rangers v East Fife

You can try to keep this shit up forever but when the fuck did we become "the rangers", and if it's such a big deal why weren't people complaining before when we were known simply as "rangers" :rolleyes:

The amount of people who have heard us called "The Rangers" is quite baffling.

Should ask this question in the sign-up for here. Seems it could catch timothy out.

The point is that by now being known as "the rangers", is a change of name from "rangers", all i'm saying is that timmy will soon be shouting about it.

All this does is give timmy more ammunition to fire at us.

In what way? We have always been known as The Rangers Football Club. I've got old tickets from games v Inter in 1965 and Zaragoza 1967 where we have The Rangers v **** printed on the tickets. My share certificates state The Rangers Football Club, I've got an old letter from Willie Waddell with a very fancy printed heading (showing the main stand) and The Rangers Football Club Ltd, that is dated 1979. Our old badge from the early sixties states The Rangers Football Club Ltd. THE is not a problem to me. We are not any old Rangers, like Berwick, QPR, etc, we are THE Rangers.

The point is that by now being known as "the rangers", is a change of name from "rangers", all i'm saying is that timmy will soon be shouting about it.

Fuck timmy, they constantly shout about being a worldwide brand, does anyone actually take them seriously? No. (tu)

Thats not my point. As another poster pointed out they seem to be playing on this NewCo/New Club shite and it's got to stop

Pisses me off when we're called Glasgow Rangers though. It's either Rangers or The Rangers.

In what way? We have always been known as The Rangers Football Club. I've got old tickets from games v Inter in 1965 and Zaragoza 1967 where we have The Rangers v **** printed on the tickets. My share certificates state The Rangers Football Club, I've got an old letter from Willie Waddell with a very fancy printed heading (showing the main stand) and The Rangers Football Club Ltd, that is dated 1979. Our old badge from the early sixties states The Rangers Football Club Ltd. THE is not a problem to me. We are not any old Rangers, like Berwick, QPR, etc, we are THE Rangers.

We should make this a sticky for when timmy comes calling :rolleyes: , when have any of our fixtures before seen us named as "the rangers" vs anybody? this is the first time i've seen it and i guarantee timmy will be beating us with it soon

The Rangers.. the club was founded as The Rangers, the name was changed to just Rangers. Many bears including myself and even Super Ally often refer to us as The Rangers.

It's no real problem however.. we should be referred to as simply Rangers, the same way in that 'The Celtic Football Club' (official name) are referred to as simply celtic.

Sorry for causing all of this trouble :P

My point was that our "Club Name" is Rangers Football Club and therefore Rangers.

This The Rangers is what they have took from our company name which is officially "The Rangers Football Club, a trading name of Sevco Scotland Limited"

However the old company was "The Rangers Football Club plc" so The Rangers has always been there.

Sorry for causing all of this trouble :P

My point was that our "Club Name" is Rangers Football Club and therefore Rangers.

This The Rangers is what they have took from our company name which is officially "The Rangers Football Club, a trading name of Sevco Scotland Limited"

However the old company was "The Rangers Football Club plc" so The Rangers has always been there.

'The Rangers' does seem to be some sort of newco dig at us, I don't see The Celtic Football Club being referred to as 'The Celtic'