***The Official Peterhead v Rangers Thread***

Amac9

This has been an example of how every team will raise their game and treat us like a cup final, it's basically like playing Aberdeen every fucking week, and we'll prevail, I predict that we'll have a few games like this away from home but totally dominate at Ibrox.

The Peterhead strikers actually just completely took the p*ss out of our defence, quite a lot of times too. It seems that the players expected to turn up and that was three points to travel back with. Awful performance on the whole, we relied too much on our right hand-side and Kirk Broadfoot as a right winger at times which was really, really grating on my sanity.

Use the left hand side more as Lee Wallace is there ( :praise: ), we need a proper right winger and should play four at the back for stability. In an ideal scenario the back three would be dropped, or better yet, sold.

Exactly. People are fucking wanks on here - they all picked the exact team Ally picked before the game and Ally made the subs you would have expected him to make during the game. If we had Ross Perry on the bench no doubt he would have replaced Broadfoot or Goian at some point during the game.

The Manager cannot account for players not bothering their arses on the pitch. It's clear to me Broadfoot and Goian want to go. They couldn't be arsed. Even Bocanegra was horrible today - a shadow of the player he was last season. His heart just wasn't in it today.

Cribari, Perry and Cole in.

People picked the same team, but I doubt they would have instructed the players to lump it forward to McCulloch and let people feed off of him as the main style of play.

Part time Peterhead didnt just out vattle us, they also played us off the park today.

Goian and Bocanegra do not want to be there. Broadfoot was just Broadfoot, we need a good right back. In fact a right side of Broadfoot and Little is a non starter, hopefully Ally can see that. Lee Wallace was the only defender with any appetite for the game. Alexander was shocking at the second goal. Opted to punch when under no pressure. Well done Kevin Kyle. His physical presence is going to be required in this league especially having just watched Peterhead try to kick us off the park.... Too many players thought they just had to turn up today. Welcome to the 3rd Division.

Exactly. People are fucking wanks on here - they all picked the exact team Ally picked before the game and Ally made the subs you would have expected him to make during the game. If we had Ross Perry on the bench no doubt he would have replaced Broadfoot or Goian at some point during the game.

The Manager cannot account for players not bothering their arses on the pitch. It's clear to me Broadfoot and Goian want to go. They couldn't be arsed. Even Bocanegra was horrible today - a shadow of the player he was last season. His heart just wasn't in it today.

Cribari, Perry and Cole in.

Totally agree mate. Well said.

If the standard is too low for them... why are they getting outplayed? I never had Boca down as a prima-donna.... Goian, however, is definitely gone. His head has gone 100% from what I have seen in all of the games so far.

Broadfoot? Not totally surprised. He is a diddy at times anyway.

The players were not upto it today. They need to get the mentality of 'we just need to turn up' at away games. We struggled against Brechin and even more so today. The defense were awful today, and i hope Super gets tore into them.

Peterhead deserved something from the game, they had the better chances and when we play like that we cant complain about a draw.

We will hammer teams at Ibrox, but need to get their finger out for away games.

naw it's fuckin not your attitude is exactly what's wrong with scottish football we have been playing hoofball all game and have lost 2 points and people seem to think that playing anti-football is the way forward fucking sick of this backwards attitude in this country. Look what happened when we put the ball on the deck and passed it about we hammered East Fife but today we regressed into hoofball and put in one of our most embaressing preformances ever.

Indeed.

Humphing a ball up to the front IS why we didn't win along with and as important.... non application.

You NEED to go out with the same attitude as past Rangers players in that we know we can... we KNOW WE WILL win attitude.... it's all down to attitude and application. Peterhead are a poor, poor lot but with us playing sad lofted balls forward with the wrong attitude only served to help them get through a game in which they really SHOULD have been passed off of the pitch by a Rangers side, although no world beaters.... good enough to pump Peterhead at playing football.

Ball on the ground and pass it around quickish and we'll hammer the hammer-throwers....... play with lofting balls into the opposition's defense, sure, we'll win a few... but no where near as many as by playing football on the deck, quick passing and moving into space for one another.

We still need a RB and i think Gioan needs to go with Bfoot.This isnt a kneekerk but Gioans attitude stinks and his head and heart isnt in it.

We need fighters like kyle at this level .

Sanddancer looks good bfoot has got worse instead of improving .

We must learn and learn fast.

We must stick with our Team and Ally .

Credit to Ally for sticking by us .

Lve him.just heard him speak .

People picked the same team, but I doubt they would have instructed the players to lump it forward to McCulloch and let people feed off of him as the main style of play.

Part time Peterhead didnt just out vattle us, they also played us off the park today.

I don't think McCoist told the players to do that either DBBTB. When we passed it around our tempo was just far too slow and it was ineffective. That pitch was dry and the ball was sticking - it wasn't exactly a great surface for passing football. On numerous occasions we passed it around and got it out wide to Broadfoot on the right who didn't stick 1 decent ball into the box. At Ibrox we'll see a pleasant style of football but at most Div 3 away grounds we'll be booting it up IMO.

If the regular passing style of play doesn't work for you, naturally you resort to lumping it up the park especially with McCulloch up there.

I don't think McCoist told the players to do that either DBBTB. When we passed it around our tempo was just far too slow and it was ineffective. That pitch was dry and the ball was sticking - it wasn't exactly a great surface for passing football. On numerous occasions we passed it around and got it out wide to Broadfoot on the right who didn't stick 1 decent ball into the box. At Ibrox we'll see a pleasant style of football but at most Div 3 away grounds we'll be booting it up IMO.

If the regular passing style of play doesn't work for you, naturally you resort to lumping it up the park especially with McCulloch up there.

You are far too sensible and level-headed for a match thread mate! (tu)