***The Official Peterhead v Rangers Thread***

Amac9

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

People are quick to say "Rangers are cunts" and things to that manner. 

What they forget about is how much we somewhat unintentionally helped them financially wise. They'd get good crowds at their home pitches, which means money for the club. I think it was the elgin city boss who said their set for at least 7 years after just having 4 matches with Rangers. 

I feel quite sorry for Peterhead with regards to the Petrofac Final. If it had been any other cup competition then they would have been looking at a £500,000 windfall due to the fantastic response from The Bears. As it is, the money from the game will go to the SPFL to distribute as they see fit.

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

I feel quite sorry for Peterhead with regards to the Petrofac Final. If it had been any other cup competition then they would have been looking at a £500,000 windfall due to the fantastic response from The Bears. As it is, the money from the game will go to the SPFL to distribute as they see fit.

I think they'll likely take a bit for themselves then cut it 50/50 between the clubs. 

So just very roughly using 18 quid as a ticket price.

They'll be a minimal of 46,000 fans at hampden. so that equates too £828,000

Then say the SPFL take 25% of it (£207,000). Rangers and Peterhead would walk away with £310,500. 

It'll be a not be as much for us, (I don't think) but for Peterhead it'll likely be a good hefty amount and i'm happy for them to get it. 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

It'll be a not be as much for us, (I don't think) but for Peterhead it'll likely be a good hefty amount and i'm happy for them to get it. 

Isn't it funny how we had good relationships with the teams in the bottom two tiers then it's just been absolute nonsense in this league.

I remember there being a bit on BBC about Rangers fans going to Annan and the locals were ecstatic because we'd be buying food/drinks etc and it would really help their community

More than a club.