Tom Daley - Overrated?

I don't get the hype over this guy. People jumping up and down because he won a Bronze medal. Kind of pathetic really. I think he got more attention than the guy who actually won the Gold. Kind of sums up what is wrong with this country. Why is Tom Daley such a celebrity and getting such praise when he hasn't been that successful?

Perhaps I am the only one with this view but I find it a bit odd. <cr>

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was probably the greatest diving competition since The L word was on TV. His score would have secured gold in most other events over the years. Plus he is only 18 he will grow from this.

Defo bats for the other side right enough. No muff diving for this lad.

The guy who finished 9th had enough points to win a competition anywhere else in the world.

There was hype because people know who he is and expected him to get a gold medal without actually knowing much about diving. He probably expected Silver at best himself since the Chinses guy Qui Bo is the best in the world.

Guess no-one saw the American having the 6 best dives of his life.

He was a world champion at 15 and Winning a bronze medal is an achievement a massive one and he's only 18 the 2 guys that beat him were the 2 best divers on the planet just infront of mcgaydy and Ashley young

He's only 18, been doing this since he was 13 - he's had a tough year with his Dad dying of brain cancer, doing one of the toughest sports in the olympics which has almost always been dominated by the Americans and Chinese.

He's also won Gold at the European Championships; World Championships and Commonwealth Games and now a bronze in the summer olympics.