Auchenhowie (Murray Park) name change?

WilliamFyfe

What ever happened to the Season Ticket holders getting to change the name of MP?

Or is it staying called Auchenhowie?

I liked the thought of it being called "The Rangers Fooball Academy, The Rangers Academy, Moses McNeil Academy etc"

What's your thoughts? Keep it as Auchenhowie or change it to something Rangers related?

It should be named after some one who came through the ranks.........

Maurice Ross gets my vote

A change of Head of Youth is much more important than a change of name

From someone who keeps a close eye on all youth activities I would concur wholeheartedly.

Major changes are required sooner rather than later,the problem is who will take the first step in that direction,

McCoist or Green,both who have a lot on their plate right now.

When the season ticket forms came out there was a separate sheet with two choices. It was either Moses McNeil or davie cooper so the choices are limited.

I voted for super cooper as he was my hero growing up.

That is one way of simplifying the choice. If that being the case then naming it after Davie Cooper should be a formality because more fans are familiar with that name than that of Moses McNeil.

I personally would have preferred it named to encompass the club as a whole as opposed to one individual,no matter how brilliant Cooper was...but then again, I guess a lot of us old guys who saw legends like Woodburn,Young, Baxter,Shearer,Caldow,Waddell, Hubbard,Henderson,Millar,McMillan,Greig,Caldow,Simpson etc might think that way.

No matter what it ends up being called, I think I'll still call it Auchenhowie as i have done since its inception. :pipe:

A change of Head of Youth is much more important than a change of name

You have got that spot on, Elfideldo (tu) Sinclair is an unmitigated disaster in that role and for the long term good of the club, should be dismissed ASAP.

That is one way of simplifying the choice. If that being the case then naming it after Davie Cooper should be a formality because more fans are familiar with that name than that of Moses McNeil.

I personally would have preferred it named to encompass the club as a whole as opposed to one individual,no matter how brilliant Cooper was...but then again, I guess a lot of us old guys who saw legends like Woodburn,Young, Baxter,Shearer,Caldow,Waddell, Hubbard,Henderson,Millar,McMillan,Greig,Caldow,Simpson etc might think that way.

No matter what it ends up being called, I think I'll still call it Auchenhowie as i have done since its inception. :pipe:

As I said Davie Cooper was a hero to me so I voted that way, but I see your point. We have had a lot of greats at the club and for some it's hard to single out one person who embodies everything good about our club.

To be honest I don't mind what they call it as long as it keeps up the good training facilities, rehabilitation of injured players and churns out stars of the future. To me that's the most important thing, keep Rangers at the top where we belong.

I've been given a tour of the place and it was awesome, everything from the pitches to the canteen were amazing. I've even got some pictures of me standing on the Rangers crest taken from the balcony, like the ones they usually take of new signings. What a day, kudos to my two pals who organised that if they are reading this thread.

Cooper was the worst trainer in the world so the irony of naming a training facility after him I don't think is right.

The guys behind the gallant pioneers deserve a huge amount of credit the fact that Moses McNeill was a contender because let's be honest their legacy sat in the shadows for far too long.

Personally I would vote for something relating to our founders. Or Super Ally.

As I said Davie Cooper was a hero to me so I voted that way, but I see your point. We have had a lot of greats at the club and for some it's hard to single out one person who embodies everything good about our club.

To be honest I don't mind what they call it as long as it keeps up the good training facilities, rehabilitation of injured players and churns out stars of the future. To me that's the most important thing, keep Rangers at the top where we belong.

I've been given a tour of the place and it was awesome, everything from the pitches to the canteen were amazing. I've even got some pictures of me standing on the Rangers crest taken from the balcony, like the ones they usually take of new signings. What a day, kudos to my two pals who organised that if they are reading this thread.

Auchenhowie is a world class complex that was sorely needed by a club of Rangers stature. The wee general Advocaat was a manager who cost us dearly monetary wise, but I firmly believe that if it wasn't for him, then there would be no Auchenhowie there today.

It is arguable, depending on peoples opinion whether it has fulfilled its promise regards bringing on youth to the first team,or even what the primary purpose of the complex is,but I'm glad we have such a top class set-up....As for the youths, the complex is far superior to the coaching standard we have employed there at the moment, so I hope Green, Charles Murray and Ally take a closer look at our youth coaching and give Rangers the quality coaching these kids need for the future.