McCoist might not be up to this job

papaguy51

A realy hope mccoist doesn't read these message boards. What a fucking kick in the teeth that would be for him after all he's had to put up with and daftys writing him off before the transfer window has even shut.

I'm sure he'll want people to ultimately judge him as a football manager, not as a figurehead.

Majority of folk are expressing doubts rather than writing him off anyway, there is a difference.

Unless............

He changes his tactics, philosophy and team selection.

Simply not good enough. He simply has no idea how to alter a game that's going against him.

Totally agree.

Was watching yesterday and fair play to Berwick they hassled us and fought for every ball but we should be strolling past these guys .

Totally agree.

Was watching yesterday and fair play to Berwick they hassled us and fought for every ball but we should be strolling past these guys .

The key word. Yes, we should be strolling past these guys, but clearly we're not. Some think it's our lack of a pre-season that is to blame, others think it's because we've got a team of stranger-Rangers and they've had no time to gel.....meanwhile some others (self included) question what-the-fuck we're doing at Auchenhowie when we can't get the basics right.

Opinions are as mixed as the most mixed thing on Planet Mixed.

No-one wants McCoist to fail and anyone on here who does should fuck off to a Tarrier forum, but (there's always a 'but') the reality is we are the only full-time team in a division that is part-time and filled to bursting with full-time plumbers, joiners, sparks, farmers, truck drivers and so on.

We should be running over them - period.

The 'new team/no pre-season' excuses are running out of time.

did you think he was a good manager at the beginning of last season when we were destroying teams and ally had his players?

Dont remember destroying anyone. Had the players like Jela to pull winners out the hat but game's were painful apart from the mhanks game at Ibrox. Also they were shite at the beginning of last season before they went on thier run.

Dont remember destroying anyone. Had the players like Jela to pull winners out the hat but game's were painful apart from the mhanks game at Ibrox. Also they were shite at the beginning of last season before they went on thier run.

It's amazing the revisionism of some fans. We were indeed poor last season and rarely dominated any side and that's just not good enough when your playing squad budget is 10-20 times that of your rivals. We over pay for poor players and as far as I can see we're still doing it.

A realy hope mccoist doesn't read these message boards. What a fucking kick in the teeth that would be for him after all he's had to put up with and daftys writing him off before the transfer window has even shut.

That's making it worse, the transfer window thing.

He's not got long left to sign players and if we're going to be stuck with this style of football for 18 months, we'll struggle away from home every other week.

Not good enough IMO, regardless of what Ally's done in other departments. It's now about winning matches and getting three successive promotions.

It's amazing the revisionism of some fans. We were indeed poor last season and rarely dominated any side and that's just not good enough when your playing squad budget is 10-20 times that of your rivals. We over pay for poor players and as far as I can see we're still doing it.

Totally spot on. Peoples love of Ally is clearly clouding their judgement of his management.

Now he is saying we need more quality players to compete with the likes of Berwick. doh

totally agree that he isnt up to the job.

Whether of not you have had a preseason or not is irrelevant considering you are playing against part time players who train twice a week and have day jobs. Bad day when you are pumping the ball up front and still cant win the ball.

There may come a time where we have to look beyond how he acted during administration etc, not that it should ever be forgotten but lets remember we are a football club.

Agreed but surley 5 games nto the season is nowhere near that time.

Did pre-admin not exist? He had far better players and budget than teams playing us off the park and putting us out of 4 cups.

Wow no surprise you on here when things aint all rosy lol.

SWSL wasn't it lol

Wow no surprise you on here when things aint all rosy lol.

No surprise your back on here defending our poor style of football, management and progress. Seriously wonder if your really a Rangers fan. Personally I put club first and its far from good enough right now on the park ... same as last season pre-admin.

Totally spot on. Peoples love of Ally is clearly clouding their judgement of his management.

Now he is saying we need more quality players to compete with the likes of Berwick. doh

Perhaps some fans let their LOVE of Rangers cloud their judgement. Perhaps we should have just walked away. Would have been the easy thing to do. Like some of you are deciding to walk away from Ally. A man who held MY club (not sure about others on here) on his shoulders for 6 months by himself. LOVE doesn't cloud our judgment of Ally, it gives us the conviction to support this man 110% just like he supports Rangers FC.

Away please. Yous had your fun yesterday. Time to focus on Falkirk on Thursday.

Did pre-admin not exist? He had far better players and budget than teams playing us off the park and putting us out of 4 cups.

Pre admin we had over 20 other players at the club and before our playmaker got injured last season we were about 12 points in front of the taigs.

Events conspired against us. Losing naismith (our most influencial player.) The admin starting, selling jela. The admin continuing, possible liquidation looming. Being battered from pillar to post.

We have just came through the worst season in my memory, and we still finished second in that league after a 10 point deduction. Up untill about a month ago we were not even sure IF we would even be playing football.

We need at least 3-4 more games under our belt, and i think everyone would agree we need to get some width in. Far to premature to be talking about allys job.

As for the passing game ajd the long ball. It is not pretty to watch but i can sort of understand the players reluctance to play the ball on the deck, have you seen some of the tackles getting put in against any player trying to pass the ball about.?

No surprise your back on here defending our poor style of football, management and progress. Seriously wonder if your really a Rangers fan. Personally I put club first and its far from good enough right now on the park ... same as last season pre-admin.

How many aliases do you have eh. Wether you believe I'm a bear or not doesn't really move my give a shit meter, I know you would prefer everyone on Allys back.