McCoist might not be up to this job

papaguy51

Pre admin we had over 20 other players at the club and before our playmaker got injured last season we were about 12 points in front of the taigs.

Events conspired against us. Losing naismith (our most influencial player.)

We lost that 12 point league before admin. Losing one player when we have a budget 10 times larger than our opposition should not cause us to lose that lead so quickly. We had only played about 3-4 good games up to that point ("forced to play the ball on the deck due to injuries" - McCoist). The football was similar to this seasons so far. Very poor, players out of position all over the park and long balls to Jela who was having a very bad season due to that.

Being played off the pitch by teams like St Mirren, Falkirk and Euro diddies didn't make you feel uneasy with current management then I dont know what will.

Ally will be given more time but at this moment there really is no signs of him learning or having a vision in how to offer the supporters a style of football we can be satisfied with. We all hope that changes as I'm sure there isn't a supporter out there who doesn't love Ally.

If things continue as is then big questions will be being asked by our new owners come October/November.

We lost that 12 point league before admin. Losing one player when we have a budget 10 times larger than our opposition should not cause us to lose that lead so quickly. We had only played about 3-4 good games up to that point ("forced to play the ball on the deck due to injuries" - McCoist). The football was similar to this seasons so far. Very poor, players out of position all over the park and long balls to Jela who was having a very bad season due to that.

Being played off the pitch by teams like St Mirren, Falkirk and Euro diddies didn't make you feel uneasy with current management then I dont know what will.

Ally will be given more time but at this moment there really is no signs of him learning or having a vision in how to offer the supporters a style of football we can be satisfied with. We all hope that changes as I'm sure there isn't a supporter out there who doesn't love Ally.

If things continue as is then big questions will be being asked by our new owners come October/November.

Fuck Off. You missed the boat again pal. This was for yesterday. Bears and Rangers Loyal are focusing on Falkirk this Thursday, what are you doing?

Fuck Off. You missed the boat again pal. This was for yesterday. Bears and Rangers Loyal are focusing on Falkirk this Thursday, what are you doing?

Want management to become aware of the mistakes they are making which are well documented on these forums. Make sure we go out and play Falkirk off the park with our vastly better squad and with a passing/move style game. Is that too much to ask of a club of Rangers standing? I think not.

I'm not calling for Allys head. No need to get upset and nasty.

Pre admin we had over 20 other players at the club and before our playmaker got injured last season we were about 12 points in front of the taigs.Events conspired against us. Losing naismith (our most influencial player.) The admin starting, selling jela. The admin continuing, possible liquidation looming. Being battered from pillar to post.We have just came through the worst season in my memory, and we still finished second in that league after a 10 point deduction. Up untill about a month ago we were not even sure IF we would even be playing football.We need at least 3-4 more games under our belt, and i think everyone would agree we need to get some width in. Far to premature to be talking about allys job.As for the passing game ajd the long ball. It is not pretty to watch but i can sort of understand the players reluctance to play the ball on the deck, have you seen some of the tackles getting put in against any player trying to pass the ball about.?

We lost that 12 point league before admin. Losing one player when we have a budget 10 times larger than our opposition should not cause us to lose that lead so quickly. We had only played about 3-4 good games up to that point ("forced to play the ball on the deck due to injuries" - McCoist). The football was similar to this seasons so far. Very poor, players out of position all over the park and long balls to Jela who was having a very bad season due to that.Being played off the pitch by teams like St Mirren, Falkirk and Euro diddies didn't make you feel uneasy with current management then I dont know what will.Ally will be given more time but at this moment there really is no signs of him learning or having a vision in how to offer the supporters a style of football we can be satisfied with. We all hope that changes as I'm sure there isn't a supporter out there who doesn't love Ally.If things continue as is then big questions will be being asked by our new owners come October/November.

You've ignored over half of gogzys post by only quoting the first section of it, even though its relevant to the discussion. There were a lot more circumstances last season than just injuries. As has been stated: we are lucky to even have a club after being left to the vultures by the Glasgow business men, slash, uber Rangers supporters. Lets give it time. Even if we changed the manager now, or made drastic changes to the squad, it would still take time to have an effect.....and it wont change the outcome of this league season, which will see us finish first. Of that there is no doubt.

Want management to become aware of the mistakes they are making which are well documented on these forums. Make sure we go out and play Falkirk off the park with our vastly better squad and with a passing/move style game. Is that too much to ask of a club of Rangers standing? I think not.

I'm not calling for Allys head. No need to get upset and nasty.

You think Ally isn't? Come on pal

--------------------------

The 'Fuck Off' was for this;

You think Ally isn't? Come on pal

If he is aware of them then why does he keep doing it? For example players out of position all over the park? Long ball? Not making changes in games we are obviously being outplayed in? This has been going in for 50+ games now.

Sorry but I see no evidence he is aware they are mistakes. Today he comes out and says he needs more quality players. What the SPL standard players he has aren't good enough to win against postmen and farmers? wtf?!

If he is aware of them then why does he keep doing it? For example players out of position all over the park? Long ball? Not making changes in games we are obviously being outplayed in? This has been going in for 50+ games now.

Sorry but I see no evidence he is aware they are mistakes. Today he comes out and says he needs more quality players. What the SPL standard players he has aren't good enough to win against postmen and farmers? wtf?!

Not getting into this argument again. Yesterday was fucking ridiculous on here.

What do you mean, "Keep doing it?" It's August. It's been 3 league games. Or is there a sanction where the leader of SFL 3 by September gets a prize? Going back to what I said. FUCK OFF

We supported the club through the worst period in our club's history.

We continue to support CG in taking us forward.

I suggest we need to demonstrate the same level of support for the manager. He must be given time to demonstrate whether or not he is a capable manager. For the moment it is too early to judge and we must show patience. Ally must also be aware that our patience if finite.

Visible improvement must come soon.

I didn't take Ally's quote that way.

Our players have the skill and ability, proven in the SPL. What they lack is competition for places and therefore their attitudes stink.

Many of them came to our club because they thought they'd waltz the league. I see no determination, nor desire in the team. They are not hungry.

Competition would help.

Who competes with them? What is our strongest 11?

Alexander

Argyrio Cribari Bocanegra Wallace

McKay Black Macleod Shiels

Little McCulloch

2 youths and the only place we have competition is up front - Sandaza, Kyle. And Big Kevin is not competition really, he's a fall back plan.

He's been saying we need bodies in for weeks now. Its not rocket science, we've lost a lot of players. All out best players in fact. The reason why it will be important to get quality in is obvious to the non-blinkered among us: We are looking more and more likely to be competing in a new league set up, within 2 years, at most AND we have a transfer embargo to deal with. We either buy these players, for that league, now , or we enter the new league set up under prepared.

Which, lets be honest, would delight the likes of you, then you could make thread after thread, post after post; about how we are woefully under-prepared and heads should roll.

My opinion is that Ally needs to be his own man and not a clone of Walter. We can only hope that he gets it right which i am sure he will do. But yesterday was poor and when you think that the Berwick keeper had only one save to make says it all about yesterday.

You've ignored over half of gogzys post by only quoting the first section of it, even though its relevant to the discussion. There were a lot more circumstances last season than just injuries. As has been stated: we are lucky to even have a club after being left to the vultures by the Glasgow business men, slash, uber Rangers supporters. Lets give it time. Even if we changed the manager now, or made drastic changes to the squad, it would still take time to have an effect.....and it wont change the outcome of this league season, which will see us finish first. Of that there is no doubt.

He does it all the time mate. He was like a bad penny last seasob and now has returbned to continue his agenda.

His win % is over 60% whats wrong with that?

Ah %'s the all time cop out, if you don't know the difference between "results" and %'s have a look at europe before september last year also Falkirk and then Dundee hibs in February of this year.

He does it all the time mate. He was like a bad penny last seasob and now has returbned to continue his agenda.

<cr>

Anyone pointing out the current managements mistakes ends up with the personal shit thrown at them. Very tedious and shows the posters lack of a valid argument. Lets stick to the topic shall we...?

As for returned. Yes, we are talking football nowadays. Amazingly, thats my interest.

PS I didnt respond to your admin/liquidation part because my points are all pre-admin. I will not judge Ally for that difficult period.

Ah %'s the all time cop out, if you don't know the difference between "results" and %'s have a look at europe before september last year also Falkirk and then Dundee hibs in February of this year.

Errr percentages represent results

<cr>

Anyone pointing out the current managements mistakes ends up with the personal shit thrown at them. Very tedious and shows the posters lack of a valid argument. Lets stick to the topic shall we...?

As for returned. Yes, we are talking football nowadays. Amazingly, thats my interest.

SWSL

Quote that as many times as you see fit.

Errr percentages represent results

really ? does percentages count when a team wins 90% of games to reach a final and loses game 10 the final ? or wins the major % and wins also fuck all.

I absolutely hate being negative about Ally. Hate it.

However, I've had reservations since he took over, and very much hoped I would be proved wrong. (As I still do)

Last years euro defeats were bloody awful, and many of the league games followed the same patterns of failing tactics.

The most frustrating part was the thought that Ally just didn't seem to see what was going wrong and was unable (or unwilling) to do anything about it.

I'm not analysing his games post admin, as that would be unfair with all that was going on.

This season is already showing the same traits. Tactics that clearly don't work are persisting, and there is a clear lack of motivation in the team.

Much as I want it to work out for Ally, if things don't improve in the next few games he should be moved upstairs. He is Rangers through and through and would die for the club, but any managers position depends on results.

He has vast resources compared with the rest of the league and the excuses being trotted out just don't cut it.

It's been said we have spent a fortune to build a team for the 3rd div, and that really, this team is being built for the 2nd. Not with these results it's not.

Charles green has done his bit, the fans have been incredible. Now it is up to Ally and the team to do theirs.

I do hope that none of the people who want the manager sacked after 3 league games of the season were complaining about any of the players who left in the summer showing a lack of loyalty.

Dont think people want him sacked! Every Rangers fan would want ally to become a legendary manager because he is already a legend at the club and IMO the greatest ever Ranger.

Its just his mistakes and lack of tactics that have been happening from he has taken over that are being questioned. Sure he has held the club together under admin and has been worshiped for that but tbh his football has been really hard to watch at times. Even before we went into admin.

Rangers fans have been cursing that long high hopeless aimless ball for a right while now. And the players being played out of position have not helped, Yesterday was the worse ive probably see Rangers play and people have been blaming everything and everyone and even pitches and balls but anyone who supports football knows the buck always stops with the management.

If Ally needs help? then Rangers should get him help! If there needs to be a change of coaches then change it. Ally McCoist knows better than any of us that if his team keeps producing stuff like that. It will not wash with the Rangers support.

Noone wants Ally out the door, Ally will get time and Ally will win this lg but how long will Rangers fans want to continue watching long ball tactics and players running around like headless chickens. If coaches and training methods need to be changed to help Ally then so be it, if Ally needs help then he should get it. Some coaches have a massive input into the game. Just look when Walter Smith went to utd for a while and before him it was Carlos Queiroz. They're valuable to making decisions and changing things up and having input into the teams tactics. Imo the Rangers coaching team arent working and things need to be changed.