McCoist might not be up to this job

papaguy51

Need a happy medium.

We should all be questioning how we are playing right now. But, in my opinion, people claiming Ally is not a manager after barely a year in the game are fucking ludicrous. Let's give this a little time.

Apologies if I have missed something, but I can't remember seeing a single post that is asking for Ally to be replaced..at this stage.

I reckon he will still be in a job even if he didn't get us out the 3rd division. It will play out 2 ways imo.

1. Super will sort all this out and we will be spanking these teams in some style by xmas.

2. We will grind out results playing the odd great game at home but still win the league comfortably.

Either way we will win the league. However I hope it's not the latter in that we are huffing and puffing every other week against inferior opposition. Foreign journeymen keeping our own young players out. If so we will be going backwards not forward.

Apologies if I have missed something, but I can't remember seeing a single post that is asking for Ally to be replaced..at this stage.

I reckon he will still be in a job even if he didn't get us out the 3rd division. It will play out 2 ways imo.

1. Super will sort all this out and we will be spanking these teams in some style by xmas.

2. We will grind out results playing the odd great game at home but still win the league comfortably.

Either way we will win the league. However I hope it's not the latter in that we are huffing and puffing every other week against inferior opposition. Foreign journeymen keeping our own young players out. If so we will be going backwards not forward.

I never said that either. There are plenty of posts which are saying that Ally is not a manager though and that he doesn't have it in him.

Agree with the rest of your post other than the idea that Ally would remain in a job if he didn't get us out of the 3rd division. He'd walk and if he didn't, he'd get the heave-ho. Even Ally's biggest fan wouldn't defend him if he couldn't get the team we have out of this league. I'd suggest that even if we only got up through a play-off, Ally would be looking at his jotters too

I never said that either. There are plenty of posts which are saying that Ally is not a manager though and that he doesn't have it in him.

Agree with the rest of your post other than the idea that Ally would remain in a job if he didn't get us out of the 3rd division. He'd walk and if he didn't, he'd get the heave-ho. Even Ally's biggest fan wouldn't defend him if he couldn't get the team we have out of this league. I'd suggest that even if we only got up through a play-off, Ally would be looking at his jotters too

Is there anything positive you'd like to add or is our future all doom and gloom with Ally?

Wish some :wanker: would grow up

Is there anything positive you'd like to add or is our future all doom and gloom with Ally?

Wish some :wanker: would grow up

Get to fuck ye arsehole. Look 3 posts up from yours. I'm certainly not laying into Ally. I've said before and will say again, i'm backing him. The away performances will get better, without question.

I was simply stating that if Ally doesn't get us promoted from this shite division then he won't be in a job. This is unquestionably true considering the team we have.

I'd suggest that your ire would be best directed at people who actually are laying into Ally (tu)

Get to fuck ye arsehole. Look 3 posts up from yours. I'm certainly not laying into Ally. I've said before and will say again, i'm backing him. The away performances will get better, without question.

I was simply stating that if Ally doesn't get us promoted from this shite division then he won't be in a job. This is unquestionably true considering the team we have.

I'd suggest that your ire would be best directed at people who actually are laying into Ally (tu)

:matron:

Yes Matron. I'll go and convince the scum that they're wrong. Planning what happens if Super doesn't even get a play-off spot is not positive.

:matron:

Yes Matron. I'll go and convince the scum that they're wrong. Planning what happens if Super doesn't even get a play-off spot is not positive.

No planning ya wee bairn, simply pointing towards when utter wankers should be laying into Coisty rather than now (tu)

Didn't say that it's going to happen - it's not, simply responding to the poster previously.

This points to the truth more than ally is useless or people's heads are in the sand, it's more the way some are voicing thr crap, it should be discussed but I wont just sit back letting people have free reign throwing accusations about ally with what looks like a one point view and noone else matters.

This points to the truth more than ally is useless or people's heads are in the sand, it's more the way some are voicing thr crap, it should be discussed but I wont just sit back letting people have free reign throwing accusations about ally with what looks like a one point view and noone else matters.

Indeed.

I would not have any problems with people questioning our form or Ally's management skills but there's a difference between asking why we are/aren't doing certain things and blindly writing of Ally. Is ludicrous.

And that whole 'head in the sand' line - fuck me it's irritating. Almost exclusively used by taigs throughout the summer coming on here to wind folk up.

There's room for intelligent discussion without all the abuse.

People blindly backing Ally just because he's Ally are wrong

People blindly saying 'he's not a manager' are wrong.

Us 'right' folk are somewhere in the middle, with concern, but giving him some time

This does my head in. We are debating/discussing propbably the most common topic to be discusses on any teams forum or in the real world. Your manager.

Why can't we discuss this? Why is it a disgrace? We have had a pish start in an amateur league, sorry, an embarrassing start.

We were knocked out of every cup last season (in some style too) and spunked a 12 point lead in the SPL BEFORE admin.

But sssshhhhh!!! We sinply must not question our manager as he is a legend. To do such a thing would be treacherous!! Blasphemy!!

Fuck off. No offence meant but this a football forum and we have every right to discuss this. Before admin this place had serious misgivings about Ally's ability as a manager. Now we have to forget that?

There is something wrong. It will be fixed but at the moment it's fucked.

Some of the comments about our manager have been downright disrespectful. If you're concerned, then fine, that's entirely reasonable. To describe this man, after everything HE has lead us through this last while, as "shit"; is a fucking disgrace and embarrassing.

It ceases to be a debate or a discussion when the man comes under direct attack from supposed supporters of the club, a large number of whom you never see unless there is something to complain about.

/thread

Drivel, and attention seeking drivel at that....

At least a bunch of wee kiss arses agreed with your attention seeking, glad you feel validated.... :sherlock:

If this were based soley on performance this year, there would be a solid case for dismissing it as panic talk. It's decidely not; this has been going on for years under both Walter and Ally, so supporters have every right to wonder why it hasn't been addressed. And as for looking down your nose and labelling anyone a kiss arse that happens to agree with the OP and doesn't agree with your apparently God-given opinion, you can well and truly jog fucking on. I brown nose no one; it's called objective criticism, and it's based on observation that dates back quite a few seasons. Give the team time to gel, by all means, and see if the problem gets sorted. If it does, fair enough - Ally fully deserves every chance to right it - but burying your head in the sand and thinking this is not a consistent recurring problem does the team no service what-so-ever.

Indeed.

I would not have any problems with people questioning our form or Ally's management skills but there's a difference between asking why we are/aren't doing certain things and blindly writing of Ally. Is ludicrous.

And that whole 'head in the sand' line - fuck me it's irritating. Almost exclusively used by taigs throughout the summer coming on here to wind folk up.

There's room for intelligent discussion without all the abuse.

People blindly backing Ally just because he's Ally are wrong

People blindly saying 'he's not a manager' are wrong.

Us 'right' folk are somewhere in the middle, with concern, but giving him some time

Absolutely spot on. I know I used the "head-in-the-sand" line above as well, but the complete dismissal of these problems is irritating as all hell (as is the character asassination of Ally by other quarters).

To describe this man, after everything HE has lead us through this last while, as "shit"; is a fucking disgrace and embarrassing.

who says mccoist was shit, many have said his managerial abilities look shit, and the evidence for that statement is pretty fucking damning

"we lost 23 players"

no we didnt, we lost shagger, naismith, whittaker, aluko, davis, goian, edu and lafferty from our starting 11 this summer,

Edu was replaced by Black who is arguably a better player than Edu

Whittaker was a worse right back than broadfoot, 25k a week saved

Lafferty has been replaced by a rejuvenated Andy Little, who has scored the same number of goals already this season than lafferty managed all last season

Aluko is a big loss

Shagger is easily replaced in this country's league set up by alexander

Davis was far too inconsistent, never Rangers captain material, and while he hasnt been replaced yet, it wont be too hard to in all honesty, some of the young midfielders we have may well turn out as good as davis

naismith is a big loss, but he may suffer repercussions from his knee injuries, but a loss nevertheless

Goian was shite imo, Perry looked better everytime he played

In reality McCoist has only lost 3 effective first team players that he cannot replace, the rest were easily covered, and the squad players dont count as they never got a look in anyway, they werent good enough for the club it seems

As for the pre season argument, our guys are professionals, surely not playing the odd friendly or two in the summer isnt going to make them worse than a bunch of part timers who work 9-5 during the fucking week

The squad we have should be cantering games both home and away, and the players have the ability, its their mentality and their style of play which is abysmal, and that comes down to the manager

How many kick up the arses will they need

who says mccoist was shit, many have said his managerial abilities look shit, and the evidence for that statement is pretty fucking damning

"we lost 23 players"

no we didnt, we lost shagger, naismith, whittaker, aluko, davis, goian, edu and lafferty from our starting 11 this summer,

Edu was replaced by Black who is arguably a better player than Edu

Whittaker was a worse right back than broadfoot, 25k a week saved

Lafferty has been replaced by a rejuvenated Andy Little, who has scored the same number of goals already this season than lafferty managed all last season

Aluko is a big loss

Shagger is easily replaced in this country's league set up by alexander

Davis was far too inconsistent, never Rangers captain material, and while he hasnt been replaced yet, it wont be too hard to in all honesty, some of the young midfielders we have may well turn out as good as davis

naismith is a big loss, but he may suffer repercussions from his knee injuries, but a loss nevertheless

Goian was shite imo, Perry looked better everytime he played

Everything in bold is wrong, everything else is stupid.

Absolutely spot on. I know I used the "head-in-the-sand" line above as well, but the complete dismissal of these problems is irritating as all hell (as is the character asassination of Ally by other quarters).

(tu)

Said it once and i'll say it again, neither side of the argument is correct just now. We can't blindly back Ally if performances like these continue. But its far too early to be going after Ally too. I'm quite sure, and very hopeful that after a few more games, we will get into our stride

Some of the comments about our manager have been downright disrespectful. If you're concerned, then fine, that's entirely reasonable. To describe this man, after everything HE has lead us through this last while, as "shit"; is a fucking disgrace and embarrassing.

It ceases to be a debate or a discussion when the man comes under direct attack from supposed supporters of the club, a large number of whom you never see unless there is something to complain about.

/thread

Where are these comments? Seriously I'm reading back through them and cannot see them. I've seen some posters describe his tactics, team selection as shit but not Ally himself.

This is where the argument gets clouded and the argument against follows a blind path making out its some sort of personal attack on him. I'm sure every concerned bear on here would love nothing more than to see Ally succeed. This is patently obvious, in this thread anyway.

who says mccoist was shit, many have said his managerial abilities look shit, and the evidence for that statement is pretty fucking damning"we lost 23 players"no we didnt, we lost shagger, naismith, whittaker, aluko, davis, goian, edu and lafferty from our starting 11 this summer,Edu was replaced by Black who is arguably a better player than EduWhittaker was a worse right back than broadfoot, 25k a week savedLafferty has been replaced by a rejuvenated Andy Little, who has scored the same number of goals already this season than lafferty managed all last seasonAluko is a big lossShagger is easily replaced in this country's league set up by alexanderDavis was far too inconsistent, never Rangers captain material, and while he hasnt been replaced yet, it wont be too hard to in all honesty, some of the young midfielders we have may well turn out as good as davisnaismith is a big loss, but he may suffer repercussions from his knee injuries, but a loss neverthelessGoian was shite imo, Perry looked better everytime he playedIn reality McCoist has only lost 3 effective first team players that he cannot replace, the rest were easily covered, and the squad players dont count as they never got a look in anyway, they werent good enough for the club it seemsAs for the pre season argument, our guys are professionals, surely not playing the odd friendly or two in the summer isnt going to make them worse than a bunch of part timers who work 9-5 during the fucking weekThe squad we have should be cantering games both home and away, and the players have the ability, its their mentality and their style of play which is abysmal, and that comes down to the managerHow many kick up the arses will they need

Where are these comments? Seriously I'm reading back through them and cannot see them. I've seen some posters describe his tactics, team selection as shit but not Ally himself.This is where the argument gets clouded and the argument against follows a blind path making out its some sort of personal attack on him. I'm sure every concerned bear on here would love nothing more than to see Ally succeed. This is patently obvious, in this thread anyway.

Hate to burst both your bubbles, but, this isn't the only thread on the subject.

The argument isn't clouded from my perspective. There are enough good SPL standard players in that squad who should be doing a whole lot better, then again, it is only 3 games into the season.

I stand by my point: a large number of the posters responsible for this drivel are never seen at any other time than when there is negativity to thrive off.

That maybe doesnt apply to the 2 I have directly quoted above, but it certainly applies to a large chunk of the posters in ALL the recent threads on Mcoist, even as far back as after the Peterhead game.

Finding that a lot of disagreements in this thread have either no basis, or just a personal attack.

Does anyone have any solid argument against those who think McCoist has a load to learn?

There is no argument only a failure to grasp the reality of the situation.

Finding that a lot of disagreements in this thread have either no basis, or just a personal attack.

Does anyone have any solid argument against those who think McCoist has a load to learn?

I'd doubt anyone would claim otherwise, think it's the headline banner from the OP which probably grates with some

Is there any point? You'll just ignore it and/or label them as 'Ally lovers' who can't separate the man from the legend.

Where are these comments? Seriously I'm reading back through them and cannot see them. I've seen some posters describe his tactics, team selection as shit but not Ally himself.

This is where the argument gets clouded and the argument against follows a blind path making out its some sort of personal attack on him. I'm sure every concerned bear on here would love nothing more than to see Ally succeed. This is patently obvious, in this thread anyway.

Good luck with that one.

You either hate Ally or you're in love with him from what I can gather from the board since Sunday.

I've never wanted a Rangers manager to succeed more than Ally, the second greatest Ranger ever behind Walter in my eyes, and some think I hate him because I - along with plenty of others - can see glaring tactical deficiencies in his game.

"we lost 23 players"

We actually have mate. You have named a few first team regulars, the football club lost 23 squad players, key players or not. It is a fact no one can argue, 23 footballers have left our club since January, in fact if you add in Edu, Bedoya and Goian, that is 26 and Bocoanegra wants to leave allegedly.