McCoist might not be up to this job

papaguy51

We actually have mate. You have named a few first team regulars, the football club lost 23 squad players, key players or not. It is a fact no one can argue, 23 footballers have left our club since January, in fact if you add in Edu, Bedoya and Goian, that is 26 and Bocoanegra wants to leave allegedly.

and how many of them were integral to ally's plans?

Why change it, it is a fact that results support, so far Ally has not been up to the job of manager.

I don't think that, looking back, I can say Ally ISN'T up to the job.

I can say he might not be unless he learns to change a game.

Good luck with that one.

You either hate Ally or you're in love with him from what I can gather from the board since Sunday.

I've never wanted a Rangers manager to succeed more than Ally, the second greatest Ranger ever behind Walter in my eyes, and some think I hate him because I - along with plenty of others - can see glaring tactical deficiencies in his game.

finding that irritating myself. Me, like many, frsutrated and worried by what we are seeing but still love Ally and desperate for him to succeed

I don't think that, looking back, I can say Ally ISN'T up to the job.

I can say he might not be unless he learns to change a game.

That would oblige the premise that Ally is at this moment up to the job.

Every manager gets things wrong but they are judged on how they can change the game. When things are going wrong for us, like Peterhead and Berwick away, I have saw nothing to suggest Ally has the know how to change things in our favour.

I couldn't fathom what formation we were playing after Berwick scored. It just appeared to be that big long punt up the pitch to Kyle and if that's the best Ally can come up with then it is worrying. Even last year in the SPL there were games when things were not going right and nothing seemed to change.

There is no one doubting how much of a Rangers man Ally is or how much he is adored and worshiped by the fans but right now it is his job to get the team playing and winning games against teams we should be beating in second gear and based on all our away games so far we could be in for a few shocks along the way.

Finding that a lot of disagreements in this thread have either no basis, or just a personal attack.

Does anyone have any solid argument against those who think McCoist has a load to learn?

I notice during this debate that YOU have changed your opinion from basically ... McCoist isn't up to the job' .... to McCoist has a lot to learn - including even changing the title of the thread! it is good to see that the debate has softened your stand somewhat - next thing you know you'll actually start backing him and providing your support :pipe:

so surely the loss of 23 squad members isnt a reason for our piss poor tactics and gameplay

It sure isn't but it is a factor in why maybe the club and Ally is struggling right now. In anyones book and at any club that is a huge turnaround. I would still like 4 or 5 players for the first team.

It sure isn't but it is a factor in why maybe the club and Ally is struggling right now. In anyones book and at any club that is a huge turnaround. I would still like 4 or 5 players for the first team.

in the SPL i would agree, but when 5 grand a week professionals are being played off the park by a bunch of part timers that spend more time at their jobs than at their own football ground is nothing short of embarrassing

and what made it worse is that our management team did nothing during the game in an attempt to change the game, or at least it looked like they never

do you remember being humped 4-1 of unirea at ibrox, we went 1-0 up and were in control of the game, Dan Petrescu actually changed the game after 20mins, maybe less because he seen a better way for his team to play against us

Simple and effectively, they horsed us after that

When was the last time we had a forward thinking manager like that, Advocaat maybe??????????

I notice during this debate that YOU have changed your opinion from basically ... McCoist isn't up to the job' .... to McCoist has a lot to learn - including even changing the title of the thread! it is good to see that the debate has softened your stand somewhat - next thing you know you'll actually start backing him and providing your support :pipe:

It's a forum.

If everyone stood up and changed things that they felt needed changed after discussion we'd all get on better.

I stand by all of it, but the title was a bit sensationalistic upon reflection.

3 days worth of reflection?

Mostly on the iPhone these days with a fucking horrid signal where I work and live.

This afternoon was the first time I'd been on the desktop since Sunday.

But close to three days, some arguments have swayed me, some haven't. I think it's a fair reflection on what's been said.

in the SPL i would agree, but when 5 grand a week professionals are being played off the park by a bunch of part timers that spend more time at their jobs than at their own football ground is nothing short of embarrassing

and what made it worse is that our management team did nothing during the game in an attempt to change the game, or at least it looked like they never

do you remember being humped 4-1 of unirea at ibrox, we went 1-0 up and were in control of the game, Dan Petrescu actually changed the game after 20mins, maybe less because he seen a better way for his team to play against us

Simple and effectively, they horsed us after that

When was the last time we had a forward thinking manager like that, Advocaat maybe??????????

Advocaat couldn't really do it either, he just went out and bought a multi million pound player after a bad result and when the funds dried up he couldn't run away fast enough. We have never really had a forward thinking tactically ambitious and progressive manager, it is a wonderful thought and there are plenty out there, we have just kept too many things in house. I do know what you are saying and i do agree something is wrong. Do you accept these players have let, not just the themselves, the fans and the club down, but their manager down too? It shouldn't matter what team Ally picks, any permutation of 11 players for Rangers should be beating any division 3 side we are up against.

is the OP really Dave?

Advocaat couldn't really do it either, he just went out and bought a multi million pound player after a bad result and when the funds dried up he couldn't run away fast enough. We have never really had a forward thinking tactically ambitious and progressive manager, it is a wonderful thought and there are plenty out there, we have just kept too many things in house. I do know what you are saying and i do agree something is wrong. Do you accept these players have let, not just the themselves, the fans and the club down, but their manager down too? It shouldn't matter what team Ally picks, any permutation of 11 players for Rangers should be beating any division 3 side we are up against.

bit harsh on advocaat, i remember a paper showed that advocaats rangers won more points after he made a substitution during a game, i.e we went from losing/drawing to drawing/winning