***The official Rangers vs. Queen of the South thread***

the goal machine

I've accepted it away from home to an extent but when this starts to affect our home form something is very...very wrong.

For 60 odd minutes tonight we were playing like a bunch of drunks on a Sunday afternoon, we only looked interested when we went a man down and even then it wasn't that good.

We have heard Black, Shiels and McCoist say it's not good enough and they cant put their finger on why it's happening...well what do we do now?

Just accept it and hope things improve?

"Hope" in developing our club again has all but evaporated before our eyes inside 2months of the season

Kenny sheils?

If ally feels hes not up to the task he will come out and say,I dont think he should be sacked but if he knows hes not up to it he will hold his hands up i think for the good of the club.If that is the case i dont think stuart mcall would be a bad shout.

Im baffled that kyle hutton cant get anywhere near the team,as i have always rated him as a player.

And I've said it too - 100s of times, but it is what it is and greeting about it won't change the result. I'll still back the team, regardless, and will still keep the faith during the match until the last kick of the ball, even if we're playing like crap.

Perhaps nights like these though, and the obvious reaction it is going to, and is currently stirring, is what will force Ally into thinking outside of the box tactically

People telling Mr McCoist to GTF is absolutely disgraceful.

Yes, I'm angry at how shite we are playing. Yes, I'm angry that the players on large wages are not performing.

But is sacking McCoist really the answer? Sack a man who bleeds blue, and sacrificed a lot for this great club.

The guy needs time, i had hoped that the fans would perhaps be a wee bit more patient now we are not in league with our biggest rivals, but I'm obviously mistaken.

Maybe he needs an older head to help him out, someone to sit up stairs who he can go to for advice?

Anyway, point of my post is that Mr McCoist should be given at least 2 seasons before we judge him so harshly.

What that man went through in the last 6months deserves a massive amount of credit. However, this is unacceptable with the backing he's had. John Greig bled blue but was a shite manager. It happens. I can't go thro 2 seasons of watching us play like this.

Yes, I'm angry at how shite we are playing. Yes, I'm angry that the players on large wages are not performing.

But is sacking McCoist really the answer? Sack a man who bleeds blue, and sacrificed a lot for this great club.

The guy needs time, i had hoped that the fans would perhaps be a wee bit more patient now we are not in league with our biggest rivals, but I'm obviously mistaken.

Maybe he needs an older head to help him out, someone to sit up stairs who he can go to for advice?

Anyway, point of my post is that Mr McCoist should be given at least 2 seasons before we judge him so harshly.

Not reading this predictable nonsense

Devastated.

Not only the result. I think I'm finally having to accept that Super isn't up for it. I would still give him the rest of the season though, we will still win the league, changing manager right now won't do that much w.r.t this season and although it's been said a good few times now I think we should give him one final chance because of who he is to this club.

I don't blame Ally for his lack of tactical ability. Walters was scarce. He's learned his trade from a man who put result first and football second. Ally has adopted of the same old hard-to-watch, defensive minded strategy in every game. Even although he has players at his disposal who are capable of playing football.

There is no awareness in the team set-up. QoS dominated in extra-time against a team that should be winning every game.

Explain? I agree with the whole Walter influence Ally has on his tactics but Sir Walter had class players playing for him i.e Jelavic, Mendes, Davis. From what Ally currently has at his disposal is no where near the teams of past years. He also didn't get the players he wanted in the transfer window (even though I think we did OK based on the circumstances). Not making excuses for him but if we had a fit Little and Templeton we would have ended that game before half-time imo.

I get the faith in Ally, I dont want him sacked. But questioning his sometimes non-existant tactics is utterly valid.

As sad as it is, a new manager, i'm willing to bet, would be bale to get a lot more out of the majority of these players because, right now, Ally isn't getting it.

I thought of the idea of bringing in an older head but the fact is that's just admitting defeat surely? If you are going to do that, you might aswell go whole hog and change the managerial position.

I want Ally to have time but the facts are, he's in a job that demands success.