***The official Rangers vs. Queen of the South thread***

the goal machine

For the third division ? Yes I believe we should be dominant in most of our games. We can't rely on the same two players especially in this league

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here, the standard of player Ally brought in is higher than that of the Third Division yes but we played a "should be in the First Divison" side today, we seem to forget that we took care of Falkirk (another "should" be SPL side) twice this season. The likes of Argyriou (couldn't get a game in the Greek league), Faure (struggled at Lyon), Stella (never played top divison football) and an injury-prone unfit Kevin Kyle isn't a great pool to choose from imo at the current moment. Think we need to be more patient, tonight was a kick in the nuts but we'll move on. We really missed Little and Temps too.

lost net there... wanted to post at full time.. mr green is right they are all out to get us that was a mile offside.. but charles please get the paintwork done up, when macpherson was being interviewed the stand looked very shoddy .. much like us on the pitch i suppose.. it just does not look dignified with dirty looking stands.. rant over

Fuck up you.

I know mate, been sucking it up for a while, it's heartbreaking enough to be dumped in the 3rd division, even more so to be struggling to compete! Sure we'll come good but this is definitely not the way I thought it was gonna be, especially with the squad we have on paper.

Fair dues. Hand up I'll also admit it's easier for me being over here as I don't have to face the backlash, but that's life. Far worse things are happening worldwide right now than this result. We just have to take it on the chin and consign the result to history. On to the next match.

we most likely have the 2nd biggest wage bill in scottish football still ffs

Wages don't clarify skill to me tbh, I think Ally is over-paying players to play in our current league. I won't call the players that came "money-grabbers" but the salary being offered was a huge influence in them coming to Rangers. You can't hide that fact.

What if Green said McCoist had 3 years no matter what? Would all you embarrassed at our football and shamed by this defeat walk away if Ally stayed in charge? It's a fair question if you read back your posts. I can't defend this. But excuse me if I don't stand with you calling for Allys head. Are club has been fucking hit all summer. We need stability! But I can't defend that. :(

I'm fucking gutted. Absolutely, Gutted!

Not in the fucking mood to hear I told you so etc from people who don't fucking know what being,a Rangers fan is.

Loyal til I die. Whether we're in the champions league or the highland league.

I'm gonna go for a sulk :anguish:

Hacked off after that.Ally's too friendly with the players and I think it's obvious they're coasting at training.We were doing better with 10 men, with a couple of minutes to go we go defensive and blow it (goal was offside BTW)unbelievable.So buck up your ideas boys or the writings on the wall :cgreen:

Do you expect the football to change overnight?

i expect the same mistakes not to be made time and time and time and time............ i could go on

These things take time, we will easily win the the third division this year, and most likely win the second division next year.

He has lost 1 game, yes our performances have been poor, but this has knee jerk reaction written all over it.

im sorry but with a squad littered with internationalists and ex internationalists we shouldnt need "time"

i expect the same mistakes not to be made time and time and time and time............ i could go on

im sorry but with a squad littered with internationalists and ex internationalists we shouldnt need "time"

Your banging your head against the wall talking to people who are clueless to what football is all about.

Let's be honest with ourselves.

Time is something which we would need before we could start winning against teams in the SPL easily. Time is NOT, however, something we should need to beat Annan, Berwick, Peterhead and QoS.

The squad he have are more than capable, and they need to start showing it and working. Football is a form of work, so they should start to earn their money and do some work.

Playing football is their job, and they are not doing it.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree (tu)

End of the day the players are only human, need time to settle at a club like Rangers. Don't forget that for most of these players its a big step up pressure wise playing for a team like Rangers.

People telling Mr McCoist to GTF is absolutely disgraceful.

Yes, I'm angry at how shite we are playing. Yes, I'm angry that the players on large wages are not performing.

But is sacking McCoist really the answer? Sack a man who bleeds blue, and sacrificed a lot for this great club.

The guy needs time, i had hoped that the fans would perhaps be a wee bit more patient now we are not in league with our biggest rivals, but I'm obviously mistaken.

Maybe he needs an older head to help him out, someone to sit up stairs who he can go to for advice?

Anyway, point of my post is that Mr McCoist should be given at least 2 seasons before we judge him so harshly.

So he's the man for the job, yet he also needs someone above him to help him out?

He's 50 years old and worked under an experienced older head for what, 8 years? He's either capable of standing on his own two feet as Rangers Manager or he's not, which is it?

Not in the fucking mood to hear I told you so etc from people who don't fucking know what being,a Rangers fan is.

were you born in the last 5 years or something ffs

Some of the guys on here have sat through some horrific times with the club, from the pre murray years, to the eck downsizing even walter in europe in his first run

Most fans on here slaughtering ally have sat through games better than tonight and yet seen managers chased out of Govan,

As i said in another thread ive sat and watched Rangers finish 5th in the league, being embarrassed in Europe by fishermen and the likes, ive seen us throw away 10iar, ive seen and paid good money to go to Parkhead and watch us being tore a new arsehole, ive seen PLG lose at home in the cup

But nothing, and i mean nothing has came close to the results and performances we have been fed this season by a team far far higher in ability than anything they have faced

All other times we have been in trouble you had a glimmer of hope that the manager could turn it around, simply because they (the manager) had shown previous that they had managerial abilities

McCoist has not once shown us that he is anything more than a glorified coach, and even then i would judge his coaching abilities at the moment, he never changes games for the better, he never alters the team to suit the match, he never does anything different that may throw off the opponents

We started as a 4-5-1 tonight wether anyone likes it or not, that is simply a fucking embarrassment at home at the best of times nevermind playing teams far far worse than us

ive never felt so fucking low as a rangers fan, not even going into administration made me feel like this as at least we dtill had hope, nothing from tonights performance gives me any hope

Garbage, Ally could have changed the game but swapped like for like with sandaza and kyle which changed nothing. When we went down to ten men we started to play football but tried to defend for the last 5mins and

we blew it. Pish.

This was my biggest fear as soon as we scored we sat back.

Can anyone tell me why he took McKay off, one of our play makers .

We got what we deserved tonight and our Defensive record is poor.

We better not lose even a goal on Sunday to Montrose or I will be severly pissed off.

Ally is now on a short leash.

Results must begin to improve and the standard of play.

Sure there are certain circumstances like players brought in on short notice, no real preseason, etc., but nevertheless Ally needs to get things going quickly.

The players seem nervous and the tactics are woeful. Far too defensive and too much square passing and back passing, then a blooter to no-one.. No real up tempo play and a lack of guile.

Tonight's edited match report;

10-man Rangers crash out of the Ramsden's Cup Quarter Final against 12 man Queen Of The South, with ref Stevie O'Reilly awarded Man of The Match for QoS!

Some of the worst refereeing ever seen, where the ref awards throw-ins etc against what his linesman, just 2ft away, flags for & sends off a player unaware of a man behind him, yet can be seen moving his arm out of the way once he realises there is!

Do you expect the football to change overnight?

These things take time, we will easily win the the third division this year, and most likely win the second division next year.

He has lost 1 game, yes our performances have been poor, but this has knee jerk reaction written all over it.

Overnight ,no . Over a year , yes , i would like to see some improvement , even a small improvement in our ability to play football . Unfortunalely when we waste money on guys like Kyle it seems pretty clear to me that our style of football was never going to change .

Easily win the 3rd division , thats a very bold statement at this moment in time and perhaps the same detrimental attitude that is shared by our players . Winning a match is far from easy at the moment , nevermind the League . And to presume we will stroll through the 2nd division at a canter at this moment in time seems like blind faith or utter stupidity .

and as for a knee jerk reaction , do you not remember our start to last season ? Add to that the losing of a 15 point lead before Christmas in the spl and the same blatantly obvious tactical mistakes being made over and over again and it s clear that this is far from a knee jerk reaction .

Just so you know , i dont want to see ally sacked . I dont want him to resign . I want him to suceed . I would absolutely love to see that man more than any other lift a trophy , any trophy , as rangers manager . after his actions during our administration i think any rangers fan would feel the same way , but me willing him to be a successful manager wont make it happen Im afraid . Only he can make it happen and sadly i just dont see that ability in him .